Old July 15th 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Do antennas radiate photons?

On 7/13/2015 10:59 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:45:43 +0200, "bilou" wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

Yep, antennas radiate photons.

+1
There is not any proof that RF behaves differently than light.
Things are already quite complicated without it :-)

One of my not so great ideas was to devise a contraption that would
let me "see" RF. It certainly would make troubleshooting RF devices
much easier. Essentially, it would be a human eye analog implimented
with RF components. According to theory, if it works for light, it
should also work for RF. At the time, I was working at about 1GHz.
Light is about 400 THz. So, all I need is an eyeball that's 400,000
times larger than the human eye. I'll give myself a -1 for the idea.

I think they have that. They are called radio telescope arrays.

--

Rick

No antennae radiate all the power fed to them! gareth Antenna 231 November 5th 14 09:23 AM
Photons Art Unwin Antenna 12 January 13th 09 12:21 PM
Photons Art Unwin Antenna 0 January 11th 09 05:07 PM
Radiate Power Question ? Robert11 Antenna 7 May 8th 07 01:05 PM
How much does a counterpoise radiate? HB9DST Antenna 5 April 8th 07 03:19 PM