Old September 22nd 04, 03:47 PM
k4wge

Here is an audio file of an interview with Robert Vincent; it's the
second on the list. Click on the "Lofi" button and play with
RealPlayer or Windows Media Player.

http://www.ampcast.com/music/11261/music.php
Old September 22nd 04, 11:46 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Here is an audio file of an interview with Robert Vincent; it's the
second on the list. Click on the "Lofi" button and play with
RealPlayer or Windows Media Player.

http://www.ampcast.com/music/11261/music.php

yep, yep, what a comedy!

This guy is a jerk, has no clue about workings of antennas.
I tried to listen to this joker, but gave up after his statement that he
managed (BS) to get the current accross the loaded radiator (against laws of
physics) to be constant (with loading coils and helix inserted) and then he
states (rightly) that efficiency of the antenna is proportional to the
integrated current curve. Then the miracle: his shortened antenna of about 1/3
length over 1/4 wave vertical has the same effciency as (2/3 longer, rest of
the curve) full size radiator. Shorter curve - same area? Clueless in ....
Looks like the cafeteria technician and physics department of URI are on the
same wavelength as "Done" Rather. Giving amateurs and University bad name,
setting themselves as a target for ridicule. I am glad I didn't send my kids to
URI :-)

Oh well,

Yuri, K3BU.us
Old September 23rd 04, 02:27 AM
Fractenna

With time, it is clear that the magnitude of the claimed novelty, versus the
reality, is an unfortunate case of lack of information --this is my opinion--
based upon factual errors stated, and said, by Rob. He most certainly is not "a
jerk". Seems like a sincere and dedicated fellow who has worked very hard on a
very challenging problem. I regret that he has not made a sufficient case
regarding novelty nor efficiency nor widebandedness: again--this is my opinion.

There is little that may be gleaned, moving forward, in the realm of antenna
science: spurts in the past decade have, at least, milked the basic science
dry. There is still fertile ground for application, a rich and satisfying
endeavor upon which many here focus with rigour.

73,
Chip N1IR
Old September 23rd 04, 12:37 PM
k4wge

With time, it is clear that the magnitude of the claimed novelty, versus the
reality, is an unfortunate case of lack of information ... based upon factual
errors stated... He most certainly is not "a
jerk".

I believe his jerkiness is confirmed by his silly threats regarding
patent infringement.

We've seen it before.