Old October 15th 18, 08:09 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 4NEC2?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 19:20:33 +0100
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
wrote:

On 15/10/2018 19:10, Spike wrote:
On 15/10/2018 17:58, Geoff wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 16:46:06 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 11:57, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:55:13 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 11:44, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:39:58 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 11:04, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 08:50:13 +0000
Spike wrote:

On 14/10/2018 01:32, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

wrote:

Gareth once complained about a mobile CB set-up he
installed in a 4x4
couldnââ‚Ã⠀šÃ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t reach
further than a quarter mile.
Thatâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s all you need
to know about Gareth and radio.

He probably didn't need any antenna at 1/4 mile (400
meters).

snip interesting detection story

Stephen Thomas Cole, the PP, just after gaining his UK Full
licence by 'acing' all three exams, appeared on a UK Amateur
group asking which sideband he should use on 40m. That's all
you need to know about him and and his ability with
radio.

That sounds interesting - can you provide a link to that
post?

No. For some reason it's been deleted.

Then we only have your word that it ever exsisted. I choose
not to believe a word of it.

'It's been deleted' means it did exsist. You can't delete was
was never posted. You might ask yourself why it was deleted.
That's all you need to know about his ego and and his ability
with radio.

We only have your word for any of that. I choose not to believe
a word of it.

JFTR the offending message was posted in the group
free.uk.amateur-radio, on the 1st of December 2013. Some news
servers will carry messages this far back, the one used for this
exercise has messages back to 27 June 2003. Downloading all
available messages from that group shows that the offending
message has 'disappeared'.

We only have your word for that. I choose not to believe you.

response to the offending message remains and quotes in full the
original message. The OP's answer to that response has also
'disappeared'. The full text of the offending message was
reposted by the responder.

It's been reposted here too:

"Was pottering at my radio last night, heard the scream of data
being sent and was triggered to revisit a long parked project;
getting going on RTTY!

Here's the hardware I'm using:

Yaesu FT757-GXii Serial/USB cable interface thing PowerMac G4
running CocoaModem

I've got everything hooked up, have CocoaModem configured and
displaying a waterfall but when set to RTTY mode it's just
decoding gibberish...

Other than a couple of short spells at club days, this is my first
go at this and I have no idea what I'm doing... Any tips?

It confirms the confusion in the OP's mind concerning
which sideband to use on 40m, just as was stated.

No, it doesn't.

Even his followup: "Will do. I was doing this on 40m, so had the
rig on LSB. Would people use

USB for RTTY? Just Googled and I see LSB is customary for RTTY,
which I was

vaguely aware of... I need to do more reading!"

Confirms that he knew which sideband to use on 40. It's RTTY that
he has the doubt about.

It is left to others
to speculate on why two such embarrassing messages should have
'disappeared' out of the 530+ from the OP that remain. The
original message can be found on Google Groups:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...A/_ityI76x0IMJ

Feel free to choose to believe what you will.

I believe that you are a bitter, spiteful old man who will say
whatever suits his ends.

You're welcome. Thanks for confirming that what I said was correct.

And not to forget the intermittent fault on that FT757 which seemed to
disappear resulting in the rig being sold off complete with
undiagnosed fault as soon as possible.

G is for grateful gobbler.

Old October 15th 18, 08:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roger Hayter wrote:
mm0fmf wrote:

On 14/10/2018 20:59, Bernie wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 20:25:28 +0100
Brian Howie wrote:

In message , Bernie
writes
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 05:59:35 -0700 (PDT)
Jeefaw K Effkay wrote:

On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 12:57:21 PM UTC+1, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:55:13 +0000
Spite sent a message from the other
side:
On 14/10/2018 11:44, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 11:39:58 +0000
Spite sent a message from the other
side:

On 14/10/2018 11:04, Geoff wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 08:50:13 +0000
Spike lied:

wrote:

Gareth once complained about a mobile CB set-up he
installed in a 4x4 couldnââ'¬â"¢t reach further than a
quarter mile. Thatââ'¬â"¢s all you need to know about
[...]

What STC actually asked was which sideband he should use for RTTY
on 40m.

Which is, of course, an interesting question as it's not something
that was covered in any exam, current or previous.

My $0.02 worth is that it doesn't matter, since an RTTY operator
will know that he needs to invert the received tones if he sees a
string of "46464646" instead of "RYRYRYRY"

Here's what was asked, and it wasn't posted no archive, or deleted,
or any of the other weak bull**** that Burt has bean spraying around:

"Was pottering at my radio last night, heard the scream of data
being sent and was triggered to revisit a long parked project;
getting going on RTTY!

Here's the hardware I'm using:

Yaesu FT757-GXii Serial/USB cable interface thing PowerMac G4 running
CocoaModem

I've got everything hooked up, have CocoaModem configured and
displaying a waterfall but when set to RTTY mode it's just decoding
gibberish...

Other than a couple of short spells at club days, this is my first
go at this and I have no idea what I'm doing... Any tips?"

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...-radio/MjriIIU
zuHA/_ityI76x0IMJ

Good old Burt.

For the record all the data modes including RTTY use upper sideband
all the way up from 136KHz . CW A1A is also upper sideband but there
can be advantages to be had by swapping to LSB to avoid
interference. F1A beacons seem to be a law unto themselves. You can
get quite good at reading inverted morse.

Amateur RTTY uses inverted tones and a different narrower shift
compared with commercial RTTY.

I don't know why your getting onto Steve about this as none of it is
the radio amateur courses or even online anywhere, unless some smarty
pants comes along and tells me it is. Ok it's in here for WSJT

It was Burt who was doing the 'getting onto' and when it wasn't going
well for him he introduced a new plotline about mysterious disappearing
posts and the character defects that could be at the root of the
disappearing posts.

I joined it to point out that the posts are still there and that Burt is
a liar and a ****ing idiot.

But Burt is an excellent troller.

Of course none of us would **** on Burt if he were on fire. Apart from
Dicky 'Rimjob' Brown. But that's because he's trying to hide the fact he
lied about his licence level.

You say "none of us" - there are only three of you! Most group users
don't particularly love Reay and his acolytes much more than Spike, I
would think.

I’d **** on Burt if he weren’t on fire. Does that make you feel better,
Rog? I’d also put a dog dirt through his letterbox.

--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old October 15th 18, 08:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Gareth once complained about a mobile CB set-up he installed
in a 4x4 couldn’t reach further than a
quarter mile. That’s all you need to know

.
It is left to others
to speculate on why two such embarrassing messages should have
'disappeared' out of the 530+ from the OP that remain. The original
message can be found on Google Groups:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!or...A/_ityI76x0IMJ

Feel free to choose to believe what you will.

I believe that you are a bitter, spiteful old man who will say
whatever suits his ends.

I think Burt’s gotten to.

Old October 15th 18, 08:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,free.uk.amateur-radio

wrote:

[...]

It never fails to amuse me how Burt repeatedly gets hung out to dry on this
topic by people simply stating indisputable facts to him. This has got to
be the sixth or seventh time that he’s been utterly skewered and had his
lies on this matter shredded, so why does he keep doing it? Of all Burt’s
debacles, this particular one has got to be the least edifying.

Old October 15th 18, 09:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,free.uk.amateur-radio

wrote:

[...]

It's all Burt's got - love him.

Old October 15th 18, 09:42 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:
mm0fmf wrote:

snip

Of course none of us would **** on Burt if he were on fire. Apart from
Dicky 'Rimjob' Brown. But that's because he's trying to hide the fact he
lied about his licence level.

You say "none of us" - there are only three of you! Most group users
don't particularly love Reay and his acolytes much more than Spike, I
would think.

I'd **** on Burt if he weren't on fire. Does that make you feel better,
Rog? I'd also put a dog dirt through his letterbox.

Quite so. But there are still only three of you.

--

Roger Hayter
Old October 15th 18, 09:58 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roger Hayter wrote:
Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:
mm0fmf wrote:

snip

Of course none of us would **** on Burt if he were on fire. Apart from
Dicky 'Rimjob' Brown. But that's because he's trying to hide the fact he
lied about his licence level.

You say "none of us" - there are only three of you! Most group users
don't particularly love Reay and his acolytes much more than Spike, I
would think.

I'd **** on Burt if he weren't on fire. Does that make you feel better,
Rog? I'd also put a dog dirt through his letterbox.

Quite so. But there are still only three of you.

If I were you, Rog, I wouldn’t take a straw poll on how many of the group’s
regulars would put a dog dirt through your letterbox.

Old October 15th 18, 10:24 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message
Roger Hayter wrote:
Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:
mm0fmf wrote:

snip

Of course none of us would **** on Burt if he were on fire. Apart from
Dicky 'Rimjob' Brown. But that's because he's trying to hide the fact
he
lied about his licence level.

You say "none of us" - there are only three of you! Most group users
don't particularly love Reay and his acolytes much more than Spike, I
would think.

I'd **** on Burt if he weren't on fire. Does that make you feel better,
Rog? I'd also put a dog dirt through his letterbox.

Quite so. But there are still only three of you.

If I were you, Rog, I wouldn't take a straw poll on how many of the group's
regulars would put a dog dirt through your letterbox.

I wouldn't do that to anybody......

a little 4nec2 help? [email protected] Antenna 5 November 13th 07 07:04 AM
Anybody tried 4nec2 on Vista ? 4nec2 Antenna 8 July 8th 07 04:06 AM
New 4nec2 version Arie Antenna 15 February 19th 06 06:42 AM
4nec2 and linux ?? dansawyeror Antenna 6 February 7th 06 03:52 PM
4nec2 question larry d clark Antenna 1 March 12th 04 02:26 PM