Old September 12th 03, 06:20 PM
Fam. Mugge

Default Diamond CP-6 with rainwater problem ?

Hi All,

Recently I bought a CP-6 groundplane by Diamond. It worked really well till
we had one day with rain. That evening I couldn't use the antenna due to
very high SWR readings. The day after it was a clear day without any rain
and that evening SWR was back to normal. Water in a coax won't go away that
quickly and the antennasocket was made waterproof with special tape.
Would it be possible that that dainholes in the coilcompartments are causing
trouble?
If so, is there something I can do about it, like clueing small tubes on the
coilcompartment, so that condenswater can get out, but rainwater can't come
in?
Or is the problem caused by something else?

Best regards,

Willem

PH0WAW

Old September 13th 03, 08:47 AM
Ed Cregger

It is possible that the drain holes are plugged. Running a small piece of
wire into the drain holes to ensure that they are unblocked might be a good
idea. Good luck.

Ed Cregger, NM2K

"Fam. Mugge" wrote in message
[...]

Weird Mobile Problem Michael J. Donohue VE3YF Antenna 4 August 14th 03 02:15 AM
Cushcraft MA5B problem Andy Antenna 0 August 9th 03 09:50 AM
Problem with my MFJ-989 and 1N34E W5DXP Antenna 3 July 31st 03 07:16 AM
Hustler 6btv Vertical Tech Problem Craig Buck Antenna 0 July 23rd 03 04:26 AM
6/2/70/23 vertical Diamond antennas (information). Peter Völpel Antenna 17 July 20th 03 07:07 PM