Old June 14th 05, 07:43 PM
Buck

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:31:13 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

Buck:

I'd quite imagine a "buck" by any other name--still a buck....
looking-through-rose-colored-glasses

Warmest regards,
John

I think that is why I call myself "Mac" during the Fall season.

--
73 for now
Buck
Old June 14th 05, 10:27 PM
John Smith

Hey:

You any relation to that guy they call, "MacTruck Buck?" And, you aren't
sneaking onto the CB band with your ten meter equip, are ya? grin

Warmest regards,
John

Old June 14th 05, 10:34 PM
Buck

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:27:31 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

Hey:

You any relation to that guy they call, "MacTruck Buck?" And, you aren't
sneaking onto the CB band with your ten meter equip, are ya? grin

Warmest regards,
John

lol, no, I have 4 CB frequencies programmed into my 706, Channels 9,
18, 19, and 20. I have them all on a split with the transmit side on
2 meters simplex., as I do with the wx channels and other frequencies
I don't wish to transmit on.

I figure that if I can't get help on 2 meters, HF and a cell phone, I
would be better off calling on CB than on the local sheriffs's
frequencies . I really don't hear anything there worth listening
too unless I am away and caught in highway traffic. The CBers will
discuss the traffic and how to get around it most of the time.

I keep FRS radios with me when traveling with non-hams in convoy.

Most of the time I am mobile, I am on 14.336 aggravating KZ2P/N2JG.

--
73 for now
Buck
Old June 15th 05, 12:12 AM
John Smith

Buck:

Just a bit of kidding is all... I wasn't serious...

Amen! to the cellphone, I certainly feel safe with it in my pocket... 2
meters+ and repeaters have never been my bag... but have some equip
here...

I prefer the aussies and the brits on HF for convo with (one aussie gal
in particular grin)... some cannoks are ok...

.... when someone mentions cw I run! I have some homebrew equip here and
use a keyboard and code reader--but haven't even done that in over a
year...

Warmest regards,
John

news

Old June 15th 05, 03:00 AM
Larry

John Smith wrote:
A time back, it was pointed out to me by some individual in this thread
that they could not value anything about me--without knowing my correct
identity

/lurk
Interesting concept. It causes me to wonder whom he or she may have
been trying to impress.
lurk

Larry
N1POP