Old February 14th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Father Goose & boatanchors

Other day I saw the 1965 movie, "Father Goose," starring Cary
Grant and Leslie Caron (!!!!!!). There are scenes of a Navy
communications center with all kinds of Collins equipment in
racks. I wish I had one of those stop-action thingies so I
could try to identify them. Anybody know what I'm talking
about?
Old February 14th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:31:06 -0000, Jeff Caird
wrote:

Other day I saw the 1965 movie, "Father Goose," starring Cary
Grant and Leslie Caron (!!!!!!). There are scenes of a Navy
communications center with all kinds of Collins equipment in
racks. I wish I had one of those stop-action thingies so I
could try to identify them. Anybody know what I'm talking
about?

===============

All tape recorders have a stop-action during playback (at least
all that I've used.

Old February 15th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

All tape recorders have a stop-action during playback (at least
all that I've used.

He could have been watching cable TV . . .

Old February 15th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
gkb gkb is offline

My TV has stop action and does not make any difference where the signal is
coming from.

--
Regards,
Gary...

Old February 15th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

K3HVG ) writes:
I thought is was Racal and Marconi gear.......... I don't have the tape
or DVD but know someone who does. I'll have to look, bye the bye.

I've been going through the James Bond films that last few weeks,
starting with the first.

There's a whole room of Racals in the first, "Dr. No", which I'd noticed
before. But, a Racal actually shows up in one of the most recent ones, I
think it's "The World Is Not Enough" though it might have been "Goldeneye".
I was a tad surprised to find that, given the age of the receivers at
that point.

Michael VE2BVW

Old February 16th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

My TV has stop action and does not make any difference where the signal is
coming from.

Lucky you! Most of the TVs in this house are restored B/W and color sets
from the 1940s & 1950s. No built-in stop action in those days :-)

Phil