Old February 18th 07, 04:21 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Hammarlund PRO-310 ??

Gets,

How about a picture of you personal units on the binaries?

And Henry Please keep us posted either RAR+P or on the boatanchors
thread/group of your choice.

Paul.

Old February 18th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave

I just took some shots of the beast with I'm guessing 35 years of dust
because I found a page from ham radio magazine, a Robot ad with ham
frequency allocations for Nov 1972. The ad has about the same amount of
dust on it as the radio. The 65 lb beast looks complete and original
except no medallion on the front I need to find one or get one made.
Several pics going up on the binaries.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old February 19th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in
message
et...
I just took some shots of the beast with I'm guessing 35
years of dust because I found a page from ham radio
magazine, a Robot ad with ham frequency allocations for Nov
1972. The ad has about the same amount of dust on it as
the radio. The 65 lb beast looks complete and original
except no medallion on the front I need to find one or get
one made. Several pics going up on the binaries.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

One site I looked at while trying to find out more
about this beast stated the medallion was attached
originally with double-stick tape! No wonder its missing.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old February 19th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave

Richard Knoppow wrote:

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in
message
et...
I just took some shots of the beast with I'm guessing 35
years of dust because I found a page from ham radio
magazine, a Robot ad with ham frequency allocations for Nov
1972. The ad has about the same amount of dust on it as
the radio. The 65 lb beast looks complete and original
except no medallion on the front I need to find one or get
one made. Several pics going up on the binaries.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

One site I looked at while trying to find out more
about this beast stated the medallion was attached
originally with double-stick tape! No wonder its missing.

I think Hammarlund did that with a bunch of its models.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 19th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Richard Knoppow wrote:

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in
message
et...
[...]

I think the original poster said this RX had been in
storage for many years. Perhaps it would be worth searching
the area where it was stored for the missing medallion.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old February 20th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave

One site I looked at while trying to find out more
about this beast stated the medallion was attached
originally with double-stick tape! No wonder its missing.

Yes. My medalion has not been reinstalled because I have not repainted it -
but it was double sided tape - and not very good. I almost threw mine out
by mistake because I did not find it in the packing.

73, Colin