Old November 26th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

Default HP 209A power supply ?

Some how I lost the URL for the site for HP discontinued product
manuals. I just got a dead HP 209A and need to get it going. It appears
that one of diodes near Q2 has shorted and toasted 2 or 3 resistors in
the same row. Any tips or a scan of the ps board or a manual copy
appreciated.
tnx
--
73
Hank WD5JFR

Old November 26th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Some how I lost the URL for the site for HP discontinued product
manuals. I just got a dead HP 209A and need to get it going. It appears
that one of diodes near Q2 has shorted and toasted 2 or 3 resistors in
the same row. Any tips or a scan of the ps board or a manual copy
appreciated.
tnx
--
73
Hank WD5JFR

I don't see it in the 'manuals' section on Agilent's web site, or
BAMA web site.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old November 26th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
Some how I lost the URL for the site for HP discontinued product
manuals. I just got a dead HP 209A and need to get it going. It appears
that one of diodes near Q2 has shorted and toasted 2 or 3 resistors in
the same row. Any tips or a scan of the ps board or a manual copy appreciated.
tnx
--
73
Hank WD5JFR

The URL for the HP manual archive is http://www.hparchive.com/hp_equipment.htm,
but the 209A manual isn't there.
You can find it at:
http://www.manualserver.com/signal_g...or_manuals.htm
http://www.manualsplus.com/
https://www.ridgeequipment.com/store...php?query=209A

Take your pick

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

Old November 26th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for the leads but I don't want to spend anymore on this thing as
I will exceed its what it's worth. . The case is very nice and not beat
up, close to new so I believed it was a working unit. WRONG, but I've
been wrong before. I have a working 204C and schematic but the ps is
just enough different that I can't use it for repairs. Something should
show up sooner or later.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
. ..

Old November 27th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
Thanks for the leads but I don't want to spend anymore on this thing as
I will exceed its what it's worth. . The case is very nice and not beat
up, close to new so I believed it was a working unit. WRONG, but I've
been wrong before. I have a working 204C and schematic but the ps is
just enough different that I can't use it for repairs. Something should
show up sooner or later.

What do you need? There are only a couple possible power supply
configurations. If you draw out that section of the circuit, and
what the output voltage is, I'll tell you what the values ought to be.
--scott

Old December 1st 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
. ..
That link does not seem to work.
Anyone else have any luck??

...Dave

Worked for me.. You have to be a member of the Yahoo group to get in and
download files.
Cheers
--

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
Thanks for the leads but I don't want to spend anymore on this thing as
I will exceed its what it's worth. . The case is very nice and not beat
up, close to new so I believed it was a working unit. WRONG, but I've
been wrong before. I have a working 204C and schematic but the ps is
just enough different that I can't use it for repairs. Something should
show up sooner or later.

What do you need? There are only a couple possible power supply
configurations. If you draw out that section of the circuit, and
what the output voltage is, I'll tell you what the values ought to be.
--scott

Want to Buy - Hickok 209A VTVM T.E.O Boatanchors 2 December 16th 10 02:55 AM
FA linear power supply with toroid power xformer jeff Equipment 0 March 19th 06 07:07 AM
FA:Power supply Howard Swap 3 February 28th 04 05:15 PM
Power supply rob34 CB 0 December 5th 03 07:07 PM
Astron RS-20A Power Supply Great Condition - used to power a VHF radio Les Smith Swap 5 October 16th 03 09:47 AM