Old September 16th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Yaesu Repair, suggestions?

My FT-990AC went west this past weekend with some apparently serious
power supply and/or PA issues. After some rudimentary troubleshooting,
I've elected to out-source its repair. Yaesu will no longer work on
that series of equipment so I'm looking for a reputable repair activity
that can do the job. Any suggestions out there? Tnx

de K3HVG

Old September 16th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Had the same problem with my 990ac, Yaesu recommended to send to AES. They
repaired it for around $200 with shipping.

--
George Folse K5WWO
news

Old September 16th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I found it!

I sent my FT847 for repairs to:

Vertex Standard
10900 Walker St
Cypress, CA 90630-5013
714-827-7600

This is after Yaesu told me they would not repair my 847.
The radio took a new CPU for CAT, 1.5 hrs labor for 146 plus shipping.
Fast turn around too.

They also removed the out of band mods (came that way from eBay) at my
request. My son, 14 at the time, was just licensed. It would be bad enough
for him to accidently **** off fellow hams. Interfering with emergency
services would be a whole other matter.

Good Luck,

Paul P

news

Old September 16th 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

k3hvg wrote:
My FT-990AC went west this past weekend with some apparently serious
power supply and/or PA issues. After some rudimentary troubleshooting,
I've elected to out-source its repair. Yaesu will no longer work on
that series of equipment so I'm looking for a reputable repair activity
that can do the job. Any suggestions out there? Tnx

de K3HVG

Mike Nadeau has an excellent reputation. You can check eHam.net's
reviews: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5640

http://www.n1eq.com/
Old September 16th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

This guy fixes all my stuff.
http://techinfo.awardspace.com/

If the board is burnt it will still smell that way even after it's fixed,
though.

Old September 18th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

k3hvg wrote:
My FT-990AC went west this past weekend with some apparently serious
power supply and/or PA issues. After some rudimentary troubleshooting,
I've elected to out-source its repair. Yaesu will no longer work on
that series of equipment so I'm looking for a reputable repair activity
that can do the job. Any suggestions out there? Tnx

de K3HVG

Thanks to all with their suggestions. Yaesu directed me to Burghart in
SD. I seem to recall them back in the 60's???? Anyone ever use them?

Old September 20th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"JB" wrote in message
This guy fixes all my stuff.
http://techinfo.awardspace.com/

If the board is burnt it will still smell that way even after it's fixed,
though.

so replace the board if available.

Experienced wth many brands: EF Johnson, Ericsson/GE, Motorola,
Vertex/Standard/Yaesu, Harris, Wilcox, Icom, Kenwood, Bendix/King, Midland,
SEA, Heath, Drake, Collins, Ten-Tech, AEA, MFJ. Numerous others either
unmentionable or don't immediately come to mind.