Old October 21st 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.swap

Default Crystal Impedance Meter TS-330/TSM RFL 459A need manual

A while back I bought a Radio Frequency Labs 459A Crystal Impedance
Meter with a range of 0.8 to 15 MC. I think the military version is
TS-330/TSM. I really want to try this thing out but need a manual or
instructions, and a schematic if it isn't working. I've already got too
much into it to spend another $30.00 for a commercial manual. I've
Googled for free manual and can find nothing. Anyone have a PDF or a
manual they want to sell cheap?
Thanks
--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old October 21st 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.swap
Ken Ken is offline

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
A while back I bought a Radio Frequency Labs 459A Crystal Impedance
Meter with a range of 0.8 to 15 MC. I think the military version is
TS-330/TSM. I really want to try this thing out but need a manual or
instructions, and a schematic if it isn't working. I've already got too
much into it to spend another $30.00 for a commercial manual. I've
Googled for free manual and can find nothing. Anyone have a PDF or a
manual they want to sell cheap?
Thanks

If you have a lot in it, all the more reason to spend more on a manual.
Try: http://www.agtannenbaum.com/

Old October 21st 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.swap

In article , Ken wrote:
Henry Kolesnik wrote:
A while back I bought a Radio Frequency Labs 459A Crystal Impedance
Meter with a range of 0.8 to 15 MC. I think the military version is
TS-330/TSM. I really want to try this thing out but need a manual or
instructions, and a schematic if it isn't working. I've already got too
much into it to spend another $30.00 for a commercial manual. I've
Googled for free manual and can find nothing. Anyone have a PDF or a
manual they want to sell cheap?
Thanks

If you have a lot in it, all the more reason to spend more on a manual.
Try: http://www.agtannenbaum.com/

I'm not really sure you shouldn't be able to operate the thing without
a manual... it should have a test oscillator inside, a meter, and a place
where you put a crystal. Insert the crystal, then swing the oscillator
back and forth until you read the resonance point on the meter.

Some models out there required an external oscillator.

See if you can get a manual for an AN/TSM-15. That should give you at
least the basic principles of operation for the things.
--scott
Old October 21st 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.swap

"Ken" wrote in message ...
Henry Kolesnik wrote:
A while back I bought a Radio Frequency Labs 459A Crystal Impedance Meter
with a range of 0.8 to 15 MC. I think the military version is TS-330/TSM. I
really want to try this thing out but need a manual or instructions, and a
schematic if it isn't working. I've already got too much into it to spend
another $30.00 for a commercial manual. I've Googled for free manual and can
find nothing. Anyone have a PDF or a manual they want to sell cheap?
Thanks

If you have a lot in it, all the more reason to spend more on a manual. Try:
http://www.agtannenbaum.com/

http://www.cooke-int.com/manuals/R.htm has an original copy the manual. Looks
like they're having a half price sale going on...

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end, the faster
it goes.

Old October 22nd 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.swap

Dave
Thanks for the tip on Cooke in England, I've asked them for a delivered
price.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR