Old June 22nd 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Vintage SSB

I know there are several Vintage SSB nets listed ,but, I have not been
able to hear one on the air..I have a collection of early SSB gear and
would enjoy excercizing them on the air..Anyone interested in having a
Vintage SSB net on 40 meters..It would be fun to hear those old tube
rigs on the air,Talk about repairs,restoring,mods,finding parts
etc..What say? Harold
Old June 22nd 09, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote in message
I know there are several Vintage SSB nets listed ,but, I have not been
able to hear one on the air..I have a collection of early SSB gear and
would enjoy excercizing them on the air..Anyone interested in having a
Vintage SSB net on 40 meters..It would be fun to hear those old tube
rigs on the air,Talk about repairs,restoring,mods,finding parts
etc..What say? Harold

Count me in Harold,
Although my current station for BA is a bit new- Kenwood Twins- they sound
great and look great.

Dale W4OP

Old June 23rd 09, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Harold,

I don't have a late copy of Electric Radio but there are several nets
active.

On Sunday the Hallicrafters net starts out at about 1900Z followed by the
Vintage SSB Net run by K5LYN, followed by the Heathkit Net. Frequency is
14292 or there about.

There is a Wednesday Hallicrafters net at dark and there is a Drake net on
75.

You can find the hallicrafters reflector on qth.com to give you more detail.

There is a Collins group that meets on 75 too.

I think someone did try to start a vintage SSB reflector on yahoo but I have
heard nothing more.
I have problems with yahoo altho I am on a KW Electronics reflector from the
UK covering the KW 2000 series and other KW gear.

Dave K4JRB

Old June 24th 09, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Jun 22, 9:03*pm, "David Thompson" wrote:
You can find the hallicrafters reflector on qth.com to give you more detail.

Actually it's qth.net, not qth.com. See http://mailman.qth.net for a
list of ham mailing lists that you can subscribe to.

73 - Scott KA9FOX

Old July 4th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Jun 22, 8:54*am, " wrote:
I know there are several Vintage SSB nets listed ,but, I have not been
able to hear one on the air..I have a collection of early SSB gear and
would enjoy excercizing them on the air..Anyone interested in having a
Vintage SSB net on 40 meters..It would be fun to hear those old tube
rigs on the air,Talk about repairs,restoring,mods,finding parts
etc..What say? *Harold

Good morning Harold,
There is an excellent net on 75 meters in central Wisconsin on
Saturday mornings at about 9 am central time. It usually starts right
after the Midwest Classic Radio Net which in on 3885. This net is the
Vintage SSB Net and it is on 3840.
They also have an excellent website which is: http://www.vintagessb.net/..
Karl KC9AA