Old May 24th 05, 11:01 PM
w4sse

Default How Was Dayton?

I was not able to make it to Dayton this year. Anybody care to give a
report? It appears the weather was better than last year. Was there
much older stuff for sale.

Thanks in advance for any info and hopefully I will make it next year.

David - W4SSE
Old May 25th 05, 02:29 AM
WA9VRH Larry

Hi David,

Here is a reply to a similar request about Dayton.

73 Larry WA9VRH

Well I think the shock of a dry Dayton is having a
large effect on everyone!
If I wasn't there I would have never believed it!

There were lots of BA equipment there this year.
There was an estate from a 4 land person that
supposedly his wife was
dealing with (who was also a ham) (if anyone knows
more details please post)
This guy had a ton of stuff mostly Collins but
everything from SP600 to a
Harvey Wells TBS-50D. Prices were pretty much in line
with averages on most
of the equipment with the Collins being maybe a little
high.

I saw a number of SP600's from oh I think it was
$150.00 ea for a couple to
more regular going prices. Lots of Drake TR-4 series
and TR-7 series.
An NCX-3, NCX-5, and couple of NCL-2000's. Two
HRO-500's one working the
other the synthiser (sp) would not lock up for I think
it was $450.00 to
$500.00. Also the LF device for $500.00.

Lots of Hallicrafters stuff in all kinds of shape.
Even a MutliElmac or two
was spotted. There was also an Eico 753 transceiver
but no 720's or 730's
that I saw. There were a couple of Hallicrafters
HT-40's and SX-140's and
an Echophone or two. There was a lack of RME
equipment. (something I am
interested in since I have lived in the Peoria Il area
for a long time)

There were also a few Gonset G-76's WITH AC power
supplies. Also the 2m and
6m versions of the Gonsets. Missing where the G-66 and
G-77's along with the
Gonset Sidewinders.

Also a few pieces of Swan equipment but not many.

Well that's it from my memory. Probably would be able
to think of more but I
am sure others saw more.

Dayton as always will be Dayton. They announced once
again they are NOT
moving and I for one believe it to be true for at
least a couple of years.
There is no doubt that Dayton is the place to find it.

Some of the prizes I brought home were a G-76 and G-76
AC power supply, a
broadcast station console, a bunch of parts, a pretty
much empty cooler,
(insert the stuff of your choice inside) and a Great
Time!

73 Larry WA9VRH

Old May 25th 05, 05:06 AM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 24 May 2005 20:29:55 -0500, "WA9VRH Larry"
wrote:

Any neat new stuff from the big three?

bob
k5qwg

Old May 25th 05, 05:38 AM
Michael Black

wrote:

Any neat new stuff from the big three?

bob
k5qwg

From National, Collins, and Hammarlund? Or would the big
three be Swan, Heathkit and Ameco?

After all, this is the boatanchor newsgroup.

Michael VE2BVW