Old September 5th 05, 10:16 PM
Antonio Vernucci

Default How much is an SX-101A worth?

An Hallicrafters SX-101A in perfect conditions with original manual. How =
much is it worth? I would tend to say 350$. Is that right?

Thanks

Tony, I0JX

Old September 6th 05, 12:19 AM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:16:04 GMT, "Antonio Vernucci"
wrote:

An Hallicrafters SX-101A in perfect conditions with original manual. How much is it worth? I would tend to say 350$. Is that right?

Thanks

Tony, I0JX

That was Hallicrafters best receiver from 1959 to 1962. It cost
$399.50 new. If it's really perfect, I'd ask for more than $350.

bob
k5qwg

Old September 6th 05, 02:03 AM
COLIN LAMB

Although the SX-101A has a product detector and is the latest version, it
does not cover 160 meters. I think the SX-101 Mark IIIA is more desirable.

Not sure what the price is in Europe, but I think an SX-101A would have to
be in almost new condition to be worth $350. You said perfect condition and
that may carry the day.

The SX-101 series was dated when it comes to stability and frequency readout
on 10 and 15 meters. I had hum modulation on mine (in the 60's) and worked
a lot of 10 meters. Also, when the electric heater came on in my shack, the
receiver drifted. I installed a separate regulated dc for the oscillator
filament and it solved the problems. Left it on all the time.

But, the readout was still not very good. I got a Drake 2B, which was small
and did not match all of my big transmitters, but it worked like a champ.

73, Colin K7FM

Old September 6th 05, 09:06 PM
GBrown

I always thought that the price was not what the seller wanted but what the
buyer was willing to pay. I have bought SX-101A's in near mint condition for
$200.00 and also bought an HT-41 from the same guy for $100.00. I have seen
SX-101A's go for over $400.00 but again, its what the buyer is willing to
pay, ........................$8000.00 for an SX-88.........rest my case.

--
Regards,
Gary...WZ1M
news An Hallicrafters SX-101A in perfect conditions with original manual. How

Old September 9th 05, 02:52 AM
Roger

wrote:

An Hallicrafters SX-101A in perfect conditions with original manual. How much is it worth? I would tend to say 350$. Is that right?

You've already received a number of answers, but I'll add one more.

"Paid" prices vary widely as does the actual equipment condition vs
the stated condition. Perfect isn't really perfect, but falls a
couple of notches down from Museum quality and like new.
Beautiful jobs of restoration some times go for quite a bit less than
a bit worn, but stock rig. Other times they are just what the
purchaser was looking for.

Some of the old rigs still work well if they were kept in use, but
it's rare to find something of the 101A, MK II, or MK-III that doesn't
need to have a number of the capacitors replaced.

The 101 series is popular, but not a highly sought after item.
All in all, "I think" the price for a later model will run *typically*
in the $300 to $350 range while the A will be some what less. Still,
the market is fickle as are buyers and those prices may run from half
that to around $400. I don't remember seeing any 101s of any suffix
going for more than that.

So, strictly as a personal opinion I'd say $350 for a 101A is a tad
high, but there is nothing wrong in trying for it.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Thanks

Tony, I0JX

Old September 16th 05, 02:43 AM
kh

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 01:52:18 UTC, Roger
wrote:

The 101 series is popular, but not a highly sought after item.
All in all, "I think" the price for a later model will run *typically*
in the $300 to $350 range while the A will be some what less.

The A is the latest model. The earlier ones are the II's and III's.

de ah6gi/4.

fast easy cash. very worth it masatosan Policy 0 February 19th 05 08:57 AM
fast easy cash. very worth it masatosan Swap 0 February 19th 05 08:56 AM
ITS WORTH LOOKING AT masatosan Antenna 0 February 19th 05 07:19 AM
Whats a Brand New Kenwood TL-922A Worth? N4ATS Swap 17 March 24th 04 04:14 PM
HQ-140X, worth how much ? The Axelrods Shortwave 0 September 3rd 03 01:08 AM