Old October 15th 05, 05:37 PM

Default Shipping: UPS Ground vs. FedEx Ground

mike murphy wrote:

In article ,
"John N9JG" wrote:

back in the "old days" didn't ups have a 70 lb limit on all boxes?

Now it's 150 lbs except for Hazmat which is still 70 lbs.
I deal with UPS daily and they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hazmat non-conus is generally sent Fed Ex and I use them everyday.
Given a choice I would ship DHL or Fed-Ex always!

Old October 16th 05, 06:37 PM
mike murphy

In article ,
" wrote:

mike murphy wrote:

In article ,
"John N9JG" wrote:

back in the "old days" didn't ups have a 70 lb limit on all boxes?

Now it's 150 lbs except for Hazmat which is still 70 lbs.
I deal with UPS daily and they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hazmat non-conus is generally sent Fed Ex and I use them everyday.
Given a choice I would ship DHL or Fed-Ex always!

We switched to fedex 2 years+ ago, no complaints.

ups drivers are nice guys ( they still bring stuff here, and pick up on
ocasion) but the company ( mostly insurence issues for us) sucks.

from my experience, they treat every insurence claim like fraud on the
part of their customers.

used ups for international shipments at the req of customers, they
messed up more times than not.