Old June 19th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.swap
David Heinsohn

Default Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

You know there is something amiss when the auctions are PRIVATE. Huh ??? He
also has the BS meter pegged !! I have noticed three radios that I once had
being sold excellent, totally rebuilt, blah blah.
Dave

"gkb" wrote in message
news
I just looked at his other auctions. The tubes he list as NOS are not. He
even lists 6146's in the title but there 6146B's.
Buyer Beware.
Regards,
Gary...
"Chuck - K1KW" wrote in message
. ..
Item # 9738158955

Check this BS out! Amazing that this jerk continues to sell on Ebay

with
his obvious lies and misrepresentation. This is nothing more than a

poor
homebrew fake. I know who made it and he made a few more out of surplus
items. RADIOMART's stories are totally made up. He has no personal
collections, he swindles SK widows and runs another ebay name to buy on

the
cheap and then makes up stories about the same equipment to lend
credibility. This guy is a snake. BEWARE!!!!!

Old June 21st 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Rev. Cleetus Poontang

"Chuck - K1KW" wrote in message
. ..
Item # 9738158955
Check this BS out! Amazing that this jerk continues to sell on Ebay with
his obvious lies and misrepresentation. This is nothing more than a poor
homebrew fake. I know who made it and he made a few more out of surplus
items. RADIOMART's stories are totally made up. He has no personal
collections, he swindles SK widows and runs another ebay name to buy on

the
cheap and then makes up stories about the same equipment to lend
credibility. This guy is a snake. BEWARE!!!!!

There's one born every minute. (Especially on E-Screw!)
Anyone who would buy ham gear on e-Bay deserves to be taken.

Old June 21st 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

I like how Martyn put in the plug for CCA in his ebay ad. What a
******.
http://www.listserve.com/archives/co.../msg00320.html

And for your entertainment:
http://www.lazygranch.com/radiomart/radiomartspoof.htm

Rev. Cleetus Poontang wrote:
. ..

Old July 12th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

I agree with all negative comments regarding RadioMart, but I think most
people in the hobby already know about him and have him filtered out of
their eBay searches. He caters to the newbies.

However, I disagree that eBay is a bad place to buy gear. It is definitely
the largest collection of radio and related equipment available, and with
careful buying it is possible to avoid being taken. I have had a few
attempts to rip me off, but Paypal is your best friend when it comes to
getting your money back. EBay knows it can't afford to alienate buyers with
a bad reputation and so it protects sellers pretty well. And the nice thing
about eBay is that if a particular seller seems shady or uncooperative, just
walk away. Another one just like it will always come up.

"Rev. Cleetus Poontang" wrote in message
groups.com...
. ..

Old July 12th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/12/06 4:23 AM, in article , "Unrevealed
Source" wrote:

I agree with all negative comments regarding RadioMart, but I think most
people in the hobby already know about him and have him filtered out of
their eBay searches. He caters to the newbies.

However, I disagree that eBay is a bad place to buy gear. It is definitely
the largest collection of radio and related equipment available, and with
careful buying it is possible to avoid being taken.

There is no absolute way to avoid being taken short of trying to buy
elsewhere.

I have had a few
attempts to rip me off, but Paypal is your best friend when it comes to
getting your money back.

Ebay owns Paypal. They watch each other's backs.

EBay knows it can't afford to alienate buyers with
a bad reputation and so it protects sellers pretty well. And the nice thing
about eBay is that if a particular seller seems shady or uncooperative, just
walk away. Another one just like it will always come up.

After a sale, when the purchased item arrives and the buyer can see it was
misrepresented, Ebay always supports the seller; that's where their money
comes from.

Although eBay is convenient, the company employs dummys, and is impossible
to deal with when there is a problem.

"Rev. Cleetus Poontang" wrote in message
groups.com...
. ..

Old July 13th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

EBay/Paypal do not always support the seller. Although I've had relatively
few problems, by asking good questions of the seller and being willing to
walk away when things don't seem kosher, in the 4 or 5 times that I've had
to file a dispute because something was misrepresented, Paypal has sided
with me (the buyer) and I've always gotten my money back. It sometimes
takes a little longer than I would like, but if you're a reasonable buyer
and can provide the facts about why an item was misrepresented, you won't
have a problem getting things resolved.

Also, eBay/Paypal don't "side" more with either buyers or sellers. They
side with the party that is right, in their judgement, after looking at the
facts. They know that they can't afford to alienate buyers with a
reputation as a place where you are easily ripped off. Confidence in the
buying experience is what made eBay what it is today, and they are not
stupid enough to give that up.

So if you have had bad experiences, perhaps it is because you have filed
complaints that were not reasonable, or maybe you didn't ask all the right
questions before you made a purchase. Possible?

Source" wrote:

[...]

. ..

Old July 13th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

I'm going through a dispute now where a guy who was finally kicked off ebay
(phil9923)
It took me over a month to get a refund from him for a radio he never
delivered. Now, another month later, Paypal sends me an email stating that
he may have used a stolen credit cars to pay me my refund and they want ME
to give it back. EXCUSE ME! That is and always was MY money. In the
meantime, my Paypal account is frozen. Thanks, Mr. Love, like that's your
real name...

Source" wrote:

[...]

. ..

Old July 13th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/12/06 4:19 PM, in article , "Unrevealed
Source" wrote:

[...]

See the3 bottom of the page for my reply to this top poster........

Source" wrote:

[...]

"Chuck - K1KW" wrote in message
. ..
Item # 9738158955
Check this BS out! Amazing that this jerk continues to sell on Ebay
with
his obvious lies and misrepresentation. This is nothing more than a
poor
homebrew fake. I know who made it and he made a few more out of
surplus
items. RADIOMART's stories are totally made up. He has no personal
collections, he swindles SK widows and runs another ebay name to buy on
the
cheap and then makes up stories about the same equipment to lend
credibility. This guy is a snake. BEWARE!!!!!

There's one born every minute. (Especially on E-Screw!)
Anyone who would buy ham gear on e-Bay deserves to be taken.

None of your assumptions are correct.

The device was a "New" Video Grabber, complete with the power supply. It
was one of 25 identical units being auctioned.

The unit arrived with a Radio Shack universal 300 mA wallwart (obviously NOT
part of the "new" unit). The Video unit requires 3 Amps, as imprinted on
the equipment.

The eBay resolution was that the seller would return what I bid for the
unit, but I must pay to ship it back to the seller. That is NOT a
reasonable resolution. The seller should, at least, have paid the return
freight.

I also told them that, alternatively, the seller could simply ship me a
correct power supply, which he did not want to do.

A correct resolution is that I should not be out anything for this
misrepresented deal. The seller should have paid me for my original
shipping cost and for reshipping it back. Anything less, permits sellers to
pull shady deals and get away with it, at eBay's profit.

By the way.... Top Posting is the mark of, at least, a non-observant
newsgroup newby.

Don

Old July 13th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

Jim Hackett wrote:
I'm going through a dispute now where a guy who was finally kicked off ebay
(phil9923)
It took me over a month to get a refund from him for a radio he never
delivered. Now, another month later, Paypal sends me an email stating that
he may have used a stolen credit cars to pay me my refund and they want ME
to give it back. EXCUSE ME! That is and always was MY money. In the
meantime, my Paypal account is frozen. Thanks, Mr. Love, like that's your
real name...

Your complaint about Paypal might explain why some sellers insist on US
Money orders.

Source" wrote:

[...]

. ..