Old December 27th 03, 09:09 PM
Gregory Baker

Default Music on WADO!!!!!!

Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

I recently found that the drive time show is now four hours of
oldies!! SWEET!! I love it.

Maybe Univision Radio can flip the entire format to oldies? Or at
least extend it to weekends and overnights...that would be nice. I'd
have a soundtrack for my weekends again. :-)

What about WKBW-1520-Buffalo and WSAI-1530-Cincinatti?

Greg Baker
Laurel, MD

Old December 27th 03, 11:14 PM
David Eduardo

"Gregory Baker" wrote in message
Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

I recently found that the drive time show is now four hours of
oldies!! SWEET!! I love it.

Maybe Univision Radio can flip the entire format to oldies? Or at
least extend it to weekends and overnights...that would be nice. I'd
have a soundtrack for my weekends again. :-)

What about WKBW-1520-Buffalo and WSAI-1530-Cincinatti?

Different kind of oldies.

Old December 27th 03, 11:14 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , Gregory Baker wrote:
What about WKBW-1520-Buffalo and WSAI-1530-Cincinatti?

I meant Spanish pop oldies...

Univision does have three stations that I can name off the top of my head
that do an oldies-format in Spanish: Los Angeles, Las Vegas and recently
Chicago's AM 56 WIND changed to oldies from talk.

I'd dig it if WADO dropped the lame talk shows and infomercials and went
music. Maybe they'd get a little uptick in the ratings...

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old December 28th 03, 12:33 AM
Scott Dorsey

Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
In article , Gregory Baker wrote:
What about WKBW-1520-Buffalo and WSAI-1530-Cincinatti?

I meant Spanish pop oldies...

How old is oldies? Noro Morales and Tito Puente?
--scott

Old December 29th 03, 03:25 AM
David Eduardo

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
In article , Gregory Baker wrote:
What about WKBW-1520-Buffalo and WSAI-1530-Cincinatti?

I meant Spanish pop oldies...

How old is oldies? Noro Morales and Tito Puente?

60's and early 70's. Andinos, Chucho Avellanet, etc.

Old December 29th 03, 03:25 AM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , Scott Dorsey wrote:

How old is oldies? Noro Morales and Tito Puente?

Mostly back catalog stuff from big late 70s/early 80s A/C pop artists like
Julio Iglesias, Camilo Sesto, Braulio. Also stuff from Celia Cruz,
Roberto Ledesma, Trio Los Condes, Los Panchos, Los Angeles Negros, etc.

No Xavier Cugat, Augustin Magaldi or other really classic stuff like that
- demos are probably too old for those.

I haven't had a chance to hear much of it since by the time I'm out of
work the show is over (at 7 p.m.). No AM reception in my office building
unless you are standing next to a window or an interior steel structural
support.

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old December 29th 03, 03:26 AM
David Eduardo

"Sven Franklyn Weil" wrote in message
In article , Gregory Baker wrote:
What about WKBW-1520-Buffalo and WSAI-1530-Cincinatti?

I meant Spanish pop oldies...

Univision does have three stations that I can name off the top of my head
that do an oldies-format in Spanish: Los Angeles, Las Vegas and recently
Chicago's AM 56 WIND changed to oldies from talk.

Las Vegas and LA are Mexican 60's oldies. Chicago is more international 70's
oldies.

NY would be caribbean-flavored oldies.

Old December 29th 03, 03:26 AM
David Eduardo

Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
In article , Gregory Baker wrote:
What about WKBW-1520-Buffalo and WSAI-1530-Cincinatti?

I meant Spanish pop oldies...

How old is oldies? Noro Morales and Tito Puente?

Wado is playing more of the Los Andinos / Chucho Avellanet type oldies.
60's, mostly.

Old December 29th 03, 04:20 PM
Sven Franklyn Weil

In article , David Eduardo wrote:

NY would be caribbean-flavored oldies.

Good point. I still wouldn't mind however. There was lots of great
old stuff made during the 50s, 60s and 70s. And some of it continues
to appeal to all age groups even today -- Ray Barreto, Celia Cruz,
Richie Ray and Bobby Cruz to name a few

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.

Old December 29th 03, 04:20 PM
WBRW

Wado is playing more of the Los Andinos / Chucho Avellanet type oldies.
60's, mostly.

And you'll probably be happy to know that WADO has finally killed
their Kahn POWER-Side... perhaps because its inherent distortion and
telephone-like audio doesn't sound too good with music.

Meanwhile, 1600 WWRL is still transmitting POWER-Side, although I
don't think they are putting out a 15 Hz Kahn AM Stereo pilot tone,
like WADO was.

And if WADO wants to play more music than news/talk, that's fine by
me. The skywaves are strong enough this season that almost every
night, I can get "Radio Reloj" from Cuba quite clearly on 570 kHz,
coming in right on top of local WMCA.

Early computer music Mike Coslo Policy 1 November 6th 04 02:08 AM
music services Vanja Broadcasting 3 January 20th 04 04:11 AM
Oldies Music daddy g Broadcasting 1 October 30th 03 12:04 AM
anyone use Prophet System's Music Gen scheduler? Knight Productions Broadcasting 0 August 28th 03 04:05 AM
Where to obtain tracks for radio station music library? Sven Franklyn Weil Broadcasting 1 August 21st 03 03:31 PM