Old May 24th 04, 11:43 PM
Tom Betz

Default Franken beats Rush in NYC 25-54 demo?

[ superseding my earlier erroneous post... ]

I just heard Franken talking about the latest Arbitrends a little while
ago. If I heard him right, he said that WLIB got a bigger share than WABC
in both the 18-24 and 25-54 demos during the midday daypart.

This would mean that Franken, on the puny WLIB, beat Rush, on the
powerhouse WABC, in two desirable demographics.

Does anyone have the details? I can't find any press confirmation or
refutation anywhere I have looked.

Thanks.

--
|I always wanted to be someone,| Tom Betz, Generalist |
|but now I think I should have | Want to send me email? |

Old May 25th 04, 07:46 PM
Christopher C. Stacy

On 24 May 2004 22:43:09 GMT, Tom Betz ("Tom") writes:

Tom [ superseding my earlier erroneous post... ]

Tom I just heard Franken talking about the latest Arbitrends a little while
Tom ago. If I heard him right, he said that WLIB got a bigger share than WABC
Tom in both the 18-24 and 25-54 demos during the midday daypart.

Tom This would mean that Franken, on the puny WLIB, beat Rush, on the
Tom powerhouse WABC, in two desirable demographics.

Al Franken said: WABC 3.2, WLIB 3.4 for his show in that group.
(That part includes the two hours preceeding Rush/Franken.)

Someone else has claimed that the latest "three-month rolling trend"
numbers for the mid-day 25-54 was: WABC 2.5-2.2-2.6 WLIB 1.0-1.5-2.2.
(Can anyone confirm those?)

In the New York Metro daypart, the Arbitron Winter 04 quarter has WABC
with a 3.7 and WLIB with a 1,3 share. WLIB ranked 24th in the 38
stations while WABC was tied for 7th place. The Spring 04 "P1" numbers
released on May 21 are similar: WABC 3.9, WOR 2.1, and WLIB 1.4.

In other news...On her show last Friday, Randi Rhodes announced that
she was quitting Air America, but apparently she was joking (or, at
least, not yet). Meanwhile, Real Networks wants to partner with the
Drobnys to acquire or invest in the network: they want to raise $8M
to pay off debts (eg. payrolls of terminated employees) and fund
ongoing operations. Air America (David Goodfriend) says that the
network will be announcing new affiliates in Los Angeles and Chicago.

Old May 26th 04, 04:04 PM
David Eduardo

"Christopher C. Stacy" wrote in message

Al Franken said: WABC 3.2, WLIB 3.4 for his show in that group.
(That part includes the two hours preceeding Rush/Franken.)

Someone else has claimed that the latest "three-month rolling trend"
numbers for the mid-day 25-54 was: WABC 2.5-2.2-2.6 WLIB 1.0-1.5-2.2.
(Can anyone confirm those?)

The extrapolated discreet month of April in 25-54 from 10 AM to 3 PM shows a
3.1 for WABC and 3.4 for WLIB.

Old May 26th 04, 11:46 PM
Christopher C. Stacy

What are the Air America numbers in other markets?

Old May 27th 04, 05:20 AM
David Eduardo

"Christopher C. Stacy" wrote in message
What are the Air America numbers in other markets?

Portland, OR, and Minneapolis, the next biggest markets, are not out yet.
The daytimer in Riverside did not show in the ratings, nor did Santa Cruz.
Several of the stations are in non-continuous measured markets and will not
see ratings till July if they are rated.

Old May 27th 04, 04:07 PM
Mike Ward

On 27 May 2004 04:20:08 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

Portland, OR, and Minneapolis, the next biggest markets, are not out yet.
The daytimer in Riverside did not show in the ratings, nor did Santa Cruz.

The Santa Cruz station, to the best of my knowledge, is still not on
the air yet. It certainly wasn't when the most recent numbers were
being gathered.

Several of the stations are in non-continuous measured markets and will not
see ratings till July if they are rated.

Then there's the couple of weeks they were on in Chicago and Los
Angeles...

Old May 28th 04, 03:48 PM
David Eduardo

wrote:

Portland, OR, and Minneapolis, the next biggest markets, are not out yet.
The daytimer in Riverside did not show in the ratings, nor did Santa

Cruz.

The Santa Cruz station, to the best of my knowledge, is still not on
the air yet. It certainly wasn't when the most recent numbers were
being gathered.

Several of the stations are in non-continuous measured markets and will

not
see ratings till July if they are rated.

Then there's the couple of weeks they were on in Chicago and Los
Angeles...

KBLA did not show in the LA book; WNTD had a 0.6 share.