Old July 24th 03, 05:45 AM
Scott Unit 69

200 watts dead key carrier = 0 watts PEP
200 watts with 100 % modulation = 600 watts PEP
Wow didn't you learn your formulas???

Back to the books, son.

200 watts RMS deadkey, 800 watts PEP at 100% modulation
with a single modulating tone.

Learn what measurement is used where.

And Jay would NEVER screw up a simple formula like that!!!
Careful how you quote things next time.
Old July 30th 03, 01:25 AM
Jim Hampton

Hmmm .... what ever wattage with no modulation requires an ac (audio) signal
with a peak voltage sufficient to exactly cancel the DC voltage on negative
peaks. That implies twice the supply voltage on positive peaks. Now power
happens to equal voltage *squared* divided by resistance. The resistance is
the same, the voltage is doubled, and the power goes up to a peak of 4 times
the unmodulated carrier. Now, exactly what do you think four times two
hundred equals? Now who needs to get their facts straight?

Jim (PG-GB-05180 former P1-20-8249)

"Ninjaman808" wrote in message
om...
Yeah what he said Dumbass,.,,,,

I think you talk too much without learning your facts... local talkin
mud-ducks like you can shampoo my crotch....

---

Old July 30th 03, 03:29 AM
Jim Hampton

My opinion would not be much better than the local weatherman's forecast -
and that is less than 50% I'd guess a couple of years. Maybe more,
unlikely much less. Again, just a guess. It is too bad some folks are so
anti-no code. Good safety (rf, ac, and proper grounding) along with
reasonable practical exams (where you can operate and power/mode
limitations) should be sufficient for the general ticket (in my opinion;
others may well disagree). The extra is probably about right as it
currently is; more questions, perhaps, on different modes. Modulation
techniques, whatever - but I'm straying from the question (which is to say I
haven't the foggiest - I'm guessing two years would be a minimum unless the
ARRL were to petition the FCC and, although they are a good organization,
they also are realistic politicians; meaning they don't want to rock the
boat too much too quickly

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

wrote in message
"Jim Hampton" wrote:
Scott,

Do I detect a hint of jealousy amongst the denizens of the group that

you
got the answer 100% right?

BWAAaaahahahaha! LMAO

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Hey Jim, how long before no CW's required here? (in your opinion)

--
GO# 40

---

Old July 31st 03, 12:47 AM
Scott Unit 69

Dan, Dan, chill out. I'm not telling you to shelve the linear.

Make all the noise you want. Makes you easier to find.

I'm not flooding, porning or spamming. I'm not telling you
how to do things. If someone asks a question, maybe I'll
answer. It's more then you do. You'd rather poke at someone's
eye...