Old December 24th 03, 11:12 PM
Steveo

"Sarge" wrote:
"Dr. Death" wrote in message
if you hook up an oscilloscope and do a before and after test you will
see with your own eyes that clipping the limiter will cause splattery

modulation
No, had no intention of clipping the limiter. There are other ways.
Thanks for the link. Got a homebrew amp but it takes 10 to 50 watts to
kick it. If I can't do it, thats fine, I'll just use the ol Cobra as is.

Sounds like you're in the gray area for drive, Sarge. That's a tuff
one without making splatter. Is this poratble or base operated?

Merry Christmas.

Old December 24th 03, 11:18 PM
Steveo

"Sarge" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Sarge" wrote:
"Dr. Death" wrote in message
if you hook up an oscilloscope and do a before and after test you
will see with your own eyes that clipping the limiter will cause
splattery
modulation
No, had no intention of clipping the limiter. There are other ways.
Thanks for the link. Got a homebrew amp but it takes 10 to 50 watts
to kick it. If I can't do it, thats fine, I'll just use the ol Cobra
as is.

Sounds like you're in the gray area for drive, Sarge. That's a tuff
one without making splatter. Is this poratble or base operated?

Merry Christmas.

Base.

How many watts is the amp?
Old December 25th 03, 04:24 AM
Steveo

"Landshark" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message

Ever wrist rocket a long wire leader?

LOL!! Nope, I've heard of that, but never seen it
done. I do know of someone that did a type of
mortar thing that shot some wire up once, that
was a long time ago though.

Landshark

Never seen a mortar fired long wire, but I'm sure the
military has them. At any rate, you take a wrist-rocket
sling shot and a ball bearing, with fishing line.

You keep firing it until you get the loop over the top
of the tree, then you pull the wire. It actually tunes ok too.

--
betrayal/conspiracy, sacrilege and heirecy..Steve Earle
Old December 28th 03, 01:30 AM
Sarge

Steveo wrote:
"Sarge" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Sarge" wrote:
"Dr. Death" wrote in message
if you hook up an oscilloscope and do a before and after test you
will see with your own eyes that clipping the limiter will cause
splattery
modulation
No, had no intention of clipping the limiter. There are other ways.
Thanks for the link. Got a homebrew amp but it takes 10 to 50 watts
to kick it. If I can't do it, thats fine, I'll just use the ol
Cobra as is.

Sounds like you're in the gray area for drive, Sarge. That's a tuff
one without making splatter. Is this poratble or base operated?

Merry Christmas.

Base.

How many watts is the amp?

10 in 300pep out. More in equals more out. Can drive it with up to 55 watts

Old December 28th 03, 03:23 AM
Steveo

"Sarge" wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"Sarge" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Sarge" wrote:
"Dr. Death" wrote in message
if you hook up an oscilloscope and do a before and after test you
will see with your own eyes that clipping the limiter will cause
splattery
modulation
No, had no intention of clipping the limiter. There are other ways.
Thanks for the link. Got a homebrew amp but it takes 10 to 50 watts
to kick it. If I can't do it, thats fine, I'll just use the ol
Cobra as is.

Sounds like you're in the gray area for drive, Sarge. That's a tuff
one without making splatter. Is this poratble or base operated?

Merry Christmas.

Base.

How many watts is the amp?

10 in 300pep out. More in equals more out. Can drive it with up to 55
watts

I'd just drive it with the minimum, and hope for the best if you have
neighbors. Be careful. (ground the hell out of it too)

Cobra 19 mods I Am Not Ice Equipment 2 October 27th 04 05:46 PM
Cobra 18 WX ST II vs. Cobra 75 WX ST All-in-handset -numbskull CB 0 December 13th 03 05:01 AM
Need info: Cobra 75 2LD751 CB 13 November 18th 03 01:13 PM
Cobra 2-Way/works in moving autos??? ront2 CB 5 November 11th 03 07:28 PM
Help!! Please help with this old Cobra Rig!! Mark CB 0 September 26th 03 09:30 PM