Old May 11th 04, 06:51 PM
Twistedhed

When have I EVER done that? YOU are the

one who sees fit to paste it in, when it suits

you. I deliberately do not bring my ham status

into this group as a rule, since it is not

relevant. The fact that my call is part of my

email address is incidental, not deliberate.

Dave

"Sandbagger"

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

_
Oh? Someone ELSE made your email for you, making it "incidental"
(definition: "Happening or likely to happen in an UNPLANNED
conjunction")?
And of course, the inclusion of your call in your email was "unplanned"
and completely accidental. Go fish. That roll you're on keeps on
growing....

Old May 12th 04, 01:04 AM
Snotgeorge

On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:44:42 -0500, FlaFla wrote:
You think by posting peoples names and addresses will have some sort of
impact, steve threaterning people will that have some sort of impact, not
with me, and as noted you nor any of your keyclowns will ever disclose
their address why? afraid of the impact?

The things Jer does has more of an impact
then any of the posts, repost, re-post of reposts of CB'rs
getting busted 4+ years ago by the FCC in a cb group.
News Flash, CHP/NHP is doing a 0 tolerance on Highway 80,
from the SF Bay Area to the Nevada/Utah Stateline, broadcast
on TV/Radio/Newspaper/Internet, did that slow people down?
Some 400+ tickets written during that one day enforcement, CHP
said up some 15% from previous year when they did the same thing.

Landshark

So go tell them what they are doing does not have an impact, they will
tell you to head back down to gaylord street and mind your own business.

right on brutha flav. notice that I Am Not George's name and address
is unknown, he is the one doing the threats and trolling. imagine if I Am Not
George was as easy to look up as kc8ldo and n8wwm I can say for sure he
would act much differently in here.

Old May 12th 04, 03:07 AM
Landshark

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 May 2004 13:43:54 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
news
illegal. I know such mundane details like FCC rules are a thorn in the
ass of many people's fun, but the point needs to be made.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Well Dave, you know I don't have a problem with you,
but Lee doesn't own a cb radio, talk on a cb radio, but does
post this stuff just to start a flame war.

Do you know that for sure? How much information does anybody really
know is true or not on these newsgroups? People are not who they claim
in many cases, and how they represent themselves is equally suspect.

Leland has said so a number of times, Doug too. Jerry has said
he doesn't care at all about cb, just 10 meters.
If by their own statements they don't care about CB, then
why believe them on anything else?

I bring up the Ham,
Because the ones that always post these things are Hams, that
don't own a CB or even talk on one, so why are they here?

THAT is a good question. I don't understand why any ham, who is not
also interested in some form in CB, would waste their time here.

Agreed

To gain information on CB?
You really think that posting those things here has some
sort of impact?

In the grand scheme of things, probably not. A small fraction of CB
operators actually read this newsgroup. But a small group of people do
seem to get some sort of satisfaction by raining on other people's
(illegal) parade. Many have left the group as a result.

Agreed

The things Jer does has more of an impact
then any of the posts, repost, re-post of reposts of CB'rs
getting busted 4+ years ago by the FCC in a cb group.

Jerry's not the only one. There are a number of hams who routinely
monitor the lower end of 10 meters and report trespassers.
Personally, I am way too busy to play radio cop. But I applaud the
efforts of those who do.

Agreed

It's one thing if the kids in the neighborhood want to play in the
vacant lot next door. Nobody really minds. But when they go beyond the
vacant lot and into the occupied home on the other side, there's bound
to be trouble.

I don't know about you, but as a kid & currently where I live
there really isn't any sort of fences, especially in the front
yards. so most "kids" play where they want. Now, it's probably
going to cause problems in the future when some "kid" hurts
himself, but right now no big deal.

News Flash, CHP/NHP is doing a 0 tolerance on Highway 80,
from the SF Bay Area to the Nevada/Utah Stateline, broadcast
on TV/Radio/Newspaper/Internet, did that slow people down?
Some 400+ tickets written during that one day enforcement, CHP
said up some 15% from previous year when they did the same thing.

So what you are saying, in essence, is that people are well aware of
the rules. If they choose to break them they will do so at their own
risk.

Yes

Efforts to enforce the rules are a waste of time, since it will
not stem the tide of irresponsible behavior. Is that about right?

No. It is the job of the duly appointed Officer (Sheriff, constable,
Highway Patrolman, Trooper) to enforce the laws, not me.
There would be no reason for me to go chasing after a speeder
and pull along side of him and start to berate him on how
he was speeding. It would just **** him off and maybe create
an even worse situation, road rage.

Dave

Landshark

--
Most true happiness comes
from one's inner life, from the

Old May 12th 04, 03:54 AM
Frank Gilliland

In , "Landshark"
wrote:

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
.. .

snip
Efforts to enforce the rules are a waste of time, since it will
not stem the tide of irresponsible behavior. Is that about right?

No. It is the job of the duly appointed Officer (Sheriff, constable,
Highway Patrolman, Trooper) to enforce the laws, not me.

No, but it is your responsibility as a citizen to see that those laws are
enforced. That is, of course, assuming you want the laws to work in your favor;
i.e, the prosecution of those that violate your rights, safety, property, etc.

There would be no reason for me to go chasing after a speeder
and pull along side of him and start to berate him on how
he was speeding. It would just **** him off and maybe create
an even worse situation, road rage.

The least you can do is set an example (and enjoy the ride a little more) by
leaving a few minutes early and driving a little below the speed limit. It may
not make a noticable difference, but it's something, and it's certainly more
than your 'do-nothing' attitude. Apathy is not a solution. If you are not part
of the solution.....

Old May 12th 04, 07:00 AM
Just Me

On Sun, 9 May 2004 14:54:46 -0400, "Road Warrior"
wrote:

WA3MOJ wrote:
I love to suck cock and eat cum.

Vanilla or Chocolate, George?

He likes chocolate just check google.

Old May 12th 04, 07:01 AM
Peter

"AKC KennelMaster" wrote in message

Yes this is a cb NG, Steveo is a troll, BP is a troll road warrior is a
troll, randy is a troll,

snipped

Please capitalize my name.

It took all his effort to spell it correctly, and you expect him to know the
difference between a proper noun and an adjective?

:~}

Peter.

Old May 12th 04, 12:03 PM
Dave Hall

On Tue, 11 May 2004 13:51:09 -0400, (Twistedhed)
wrote:

When have I EVER done that? YOU are the

one who sees fit to paste it in, when it suits

you. I deliberately do not bring my ham status

into this group as a rule, since it is not

relevant. The fact that my call is part of my

email address is incidental, not deliberate.

Dave

"Sandbagger"

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

_
Oh? Someone ELSE made your email for you, making it "incidental"
(definition: "Happening or likely to happen in an UNPLANNED
conjunction")?

Sigh. I should have known I'd have to explain it to you in the same
manner that I have to use when explaining things to my 4 year old.

*I* made up my email address. But its inclusion in any headers is not
a deliberate act on my part. It's a normal part of internet traffic. I
am hardly "flaunting" my ham status. You will not see me signing it in
the message body of any message posted on this group.

You need to dig some more. The only thing you're coming up with are
dirty hands.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj
Old May 12th 04, 12:28 PM
Dave Hall

On Wed, 12 May 2004 02:07:50 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:

Well Dave, you know I don't have a problem with you,
but Lee doesn't own a cb radio, talk on a cb radio, but does
post this stuff just to start a flame war.

Do you know that for sure? How much information does anybody really
know is true or not on these newsgroups? People are not who they claim
in many cases, and how they represent themselves is equally suspect.

Leland has said so a number of times, Doug too. Jerry has said
he doesn't care at all about cb, just 10 meters.
If by their own statements they don't care about CB, then
why believe them on anything else?

Many people have said many things. I take what I read with a grain of
salt. A lot of people take advantage of the relative anonymity of the
internet to behave in ways that they would never consider
face-to-face. Unless you fully understand and are willing to work
within that framework, and deal with people accordingly, you may fall
victim to trolls.

Jerry's not the only one. There are a number of hams who routinely
monitor the lower end of 10 meters and report trespassers.
Personally, I am way too busy to play radio cop. But I applaud the
efforts of those who do.

Agreed

It's one thing if the kids in the neighborhood want to play in the
vacant lot next door. Nobody really minds. But when they go beyond the
vacant lot and into the occupied home on the other side, there's bound
to be trouble.

I don't know about you, but as a kid & currently where I live
there really isn't any sort of fences, especially in the front
yards. so most "kids" play where they want. Now, it's probably
going to cause problems in the future when some "kid" hurts
himself, but right now no big deal.

I was using that as an analogy. The biggest rule to follow if you are
going to freeband is to tread lightly and keep a low profile. The more
attention you attract, the more likely it will be that you will cross
paths with the FCC at some point. Most of the freeband frequencies are
vacant (The vacant lot), and if the "kids" want to play there, not too
many people will mind, as long as they aren't making too much noise
(RFI), or they don't wander onto the neighbor's yard (10 meters).

So what you are saying, in essence, is that people are well aware of
the rules. If they choose to break them they will do so at their own
risk.

Yes

Efforts to enforce the rules are a waste of time, since it will
not stem the tide of irresponsible behavior. Is that about right?

No. It is the job of the duly appointed Officer (Sheriff, constable,
Highway Patrolman, Trooper) to enforce the laws, not me.

Do you think that this may be a part of the problem with society these
days? If no one is willing to support the laws, and instead place that
job fully on the shoulders of LEO, is it any surprise that there are
so many people willing to ignore those same laws?

There would be no reason for me to go chasing after a speeder
and pull along side of him and start to berate him on how
he was speeding. It would just **** him off and maybe create
an even worse situation, road rage.

Maybe so, but if people routinely did this, there would be a lot less
people speeding, and the cops would have an easier job.

Do we, as American citizens, not have a responsibility to stand up for
what is right? Do we have a responsibility to instill the need to be
more law abiding?

What event(s) took place that made it seem more "cool" to be a law
breaking rebel, rather than someone who obeys the rules?

When did social responsibility give way to social indifference?

It's no wonder when serial killers are caught, there will invariably
be those interviews with neighbors who can't understand why he was a
killer ("He was such a quiet guy"), and how he never gave any outward
signs. Maybe if people were more observant, they'd have seen the
signs.......

Food for thought.....

Dave
"Sandbagger"