Old November 6th 04, 02:15 PM
Silvio

Default help with macthing system on delta loop

hi..........
please need help with delta loop antenna better matching system than gamma
match............. please could any body sugest any thing or way to match a
vee quad , delta loop other than gamma match and my be supply me with
details how to assemble and fit to antenna .........gee some must no a
better way.. please help me 73s .......... thanks every one
that may be able to help .............

Old November 7th 04, 07:08 AM
DR. Death

"Silvio" wrote in message
hi..........
please need help with delta loop antenna better matching system than gamma
match............. please could any body sugest any thing or way to match

vee quad , delta loop other than gamma match and my be supply me with
details how to assemble and fit to antenna .........gee some must no a
better way.. please help me 73s .......... thanks every one
that may be able to help .............

Have you looked in to a balun?

Old November 7th 04, 05:32 PM
Lancer

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 01:15:19 +1100, "Silvio"
wrote:

hi..........
please need help with delta loop antenna better matching system than gamma
match............. please could any body sugest any thing or way to match a
vee quad , delta loop other than gamma match and my be supply me with
details how to assemble and fit to antenna .........gee some must no a
better way.. please help me 73s .......... thanks every one
that may be able to help .............

The feedpoint impedance of most full wave loops is around a 100 ohms

Feed it through a 1/4 wave section of 75 ohm coax, that will get you
close to 50 ohms.

For non-foam coax the length should be 6 feet

For foam coax use 6.8 feet.

Old November 7th 04, 06:03 PM
sideband

The input impedance of a full wave loop varies depending on where you
feed it.. No doubt there are a few points on the loop that show
100ohms, but my 40m and 80M loops at the house both show a 50 ohm
impedance (it's complex impedance, but works out to 50 ohms) to the
coax...

Move the feedpoint around the delta loop and see if you can find a
place where the impedance is closer to 50 ohms.

-SSB

Old November 7th 04, 08:55 PM
Lancer

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:03:14 GMT, sideband wrote:

The input impedance of a full wave loop varies depending on where you
feed it.. No doubt there are a few points on the loop that show
100ohms, but my 40m and 80M loops at the house both show a 50 ohm
impedance (it's complex impedance, but works out to 50 ohms) to the
coax...

Move the feedpoint around the delta loop and see if you can find a
place where the impedance is closer to 50 ohms.

-SSB

Are your loops horizontal? Are yours fed through a bulun? I have
never put one up, but they do look good on a modeling program.

Old November 7th 04, 09:20 PM
sideband

Yes, and yes.

Loops have a neat "side effect".. atmospheric noise is quieter than on
a dipole cut for the same frequency, in the same space, while signals
are at least as good, if not better. I don't have high-end test
equipment to "prove" it, but my ears tell me that these are the results.

I've also heard reports from friends who live in BPL test areas who
say that full wave loops tend to reject BPL interference better than
dipoles and vertical monopoles. It doesn't get rid of the
interference, but there seems to be less of it, according to them. I
haven't tried it myself, as I don't live in a BPL area, but it's worth
a thought or two.

I've also run vertical deltas and rectangular loops, and found similar
results on the atmospheric "static", as well as good gain, etc. The
vertical loops were tried on 10 and 11 meters.

-SSB