RadioBanter

-   -   Roger Beeps 100% ILLEGAL (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/33683-re-roger-beeps-100%25-illegal.html)

Twistedhed January 18th 05 03:34 PM

From: pam
(itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge)
Steveo wrote in news:20050117220459.299
:
"Bert Craig" wrote:
Sorry, the FCC has already Type Accepted rigs that include ETS or
"roger" beeps.
http://www.galaxyradios.com/cb/949.html
http://www.galaxyradios.com/2547.html
http://cbworldinformer.com/200107/dx...anel_clsup.htm
--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

No Steve the voice of obfuscation and BS the

FCC clearly states what the requirments are in
their laws, Galaxy are export radios they are

not type certified cb's

If you new the law, you would know the FCC most certainly permits the
new Galaxy cb radios. There is a base and a mobile cb radio only by
Galaxy that is type accepted. You, as always, are clueless, in the dark,
and uninformed. The burden of finding the information and educating
yourself is up to you, but you can always continue to run your mouth as
if you knew what you were talking about.

Twistedhed January 18th 05 03:45 PM

But it's evidently not clear to most radio

manufacturers since, with the exception of the

Galaxy (Galaxy also has a reputation for

pushing the limits of the law) radio, no other

domestic type accepted/approved CB radio

has an ETS as standard equipment.

One has

to wonder why that is, if they are clearly legal.

Not "one" only *you* have to wonder..the rest of the hammies in the
world already know the answer to this. You (and your sock puppet)
are the only one crying about a roger beep being illegal.

In any case, the FCC does not seem to be

overly interested in much concerning CB radio
these days.

Dave

"Sandbagger"

Which has nothing to do with your gaffe, although, based on your words
above, it most certainly appears that after redundantly repeating and
explaining that the FCC does not enact rules telling what IS permitted
(as was your criteria for claiming roger beeps were illegal), you are
slowly accepting what everyone has been telling you...roger beeps are
illegal.

N3CVJ

Steveo January 18th 05 04:01 PM

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:37:29 GMT, "U Know Who"
wrote in :

snip
So anyway, what tone do you like in illegal roger beeps? Personally, I
prefer 103.5, not obtrusive, and if you use a really good woofer (15" or
larger), you get that thump. 1k is way too tweety.

Someone around here is using the old EBS tones with a decay of about
two seconds. Very unique.

I've been thinking about building something like a 'CB caller-ID' box.
Data could be sent at 1200 baud FSK at the beginning and end of each
transmission. That data could include an email addy, callsign, or even
just a handle. It would be really cool during a net to see the names
pop up in a list on a display.

Mine plays two lines of'I wish I wuz in Dixie'.

Dave Hall January 18th 05 05:57 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:57:04 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:04:53 -0500, Dave Hall
wrote in :

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:03:11 GMT, SideBand wrote:

[6] to transmit music, whistling, sound effects or any material to
amuse or entertain;

It's illegal because any form of free entertainment or amusement is a
direct attack on the free-enterprise system by the liberals who want
to weaken the corporate stronghold on the entertainment industry. So
the US government (whose sole purpose is to "protect, facilitate and
represent our interests in the world market") has disallowed any free
entertainment and amusement in non-profit venues, including CB radio.

How could you not see that, Dave?

Give it a rest Frank. We're not talking about politics anymore.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Dave Hall January 18th 05 05:58 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:45:46 -0500, (Twistedhed)
wrote:

Not "one" only *you* have to wonder..the rest of the hammies in the
world already know the answer to this. You (and your sock puppet)
are the only one crying about a roger beep being illegal.

I have no sock puppet.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Chad Wahls January 18th 05 07:19 PM

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
SideBand wrote in news:X%9Hd.10619$Vj3.8887
@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

It does say "no sound effects" in that you are correct. But if you read
to the end of the sentence, it also says that said sound effects should
not be to entertain, etc, etc, etc...

I stand by my statement that a roger beep used for its intended

purpose,
which is to signify the end of a transmission, is not illegal. Annoying
as hell in some cases, but not illegal.

-SSB

Then by all means produce a radio that sells in the usa that is type
certified by the FCC, Randy tried but failed then he even came up with a
lame excuse that the FCC agent made a mistake... LOL I know what the
next excuse will sound like it will be " his co -worker used his computer
while he was out to lunch". Your opinion while repected at times is not
fact when it is spelled out and you nor any others can produce a radio
that is type certified with them. If they were legal why would Cobra not
incorporate them in at least 1 model, just 1 ?? Why not Uniden?? radio
Shack?? Nidland?? and whom ever is a respected and legal company selling
CB radios that are actually type certified.

Galaxy DX2547, 100% FCC accepted, has a roger beep, indicator light for it,
and a switch on the front panel.

Worthless in my eyes as the operator that says "com'on" after every
sentence.

But there is one for 'ya!

Best
Chad

Chad Wahls January 18th 05 07:30 PM

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
(Twistedhed) wrote in news:8993-41ED2C78-362
@storefull-3253.bay.webtv.net:

If you new the law, you would know the FCC most certainly permits the
new Galaxy cb radios. There is a base and a mobile cb radio only by
Galaxy that is type accepted. You, as always, are clueless, in the

dark,
and uninformed. The burden of finding the information and educating
yourself is up to you, but you can always continue to run your mouth as
if you knew what you were talking about.

Try this link dimwit, this is the one that counts. And I made it easy for
you read the list below your 2547 is listed.

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2...-253693A1.html

Just saw this after I posted about the 2547.

Mine has the FCC sticker on it. Also, they are tough to mod for freeband
use, NO MODS HERE! it can be done but they have the tendency to self
destruct. They have made some changes to the unit in the past few years,
wonder if that gained acceptance? I can get a pic with the sticker on it.

I have also seen the 2547 listed as a "FCC accepted CB base" and "Export
only" It's essentially a mobile in a big case, wonder if there are
different versions floating around?

Chad

Chad Wahls January 18th 05 07:34 PM

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

wrote in message
[...]

And here are a few for you Chad that radio included

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2...-253693A1.html

I saw that, One of the reasons I bought mine is because it "is" FCC
accepted. I will also do some searching, Wonder if there is not another
2547 "export version" with a DX99 in the chasis?

best
Chad

Chad Wahls January 18th 05 07:42 PM

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

Just saw this after I posted about the 2547.

Mine has the FCC sticker on it. Also, they are tough to mod for
freeband use, NO MODS HERE! it can be done but they have the tendency
to self destruct. They have made some changes to the unit in the past
few years, wonder if that gained acceptance? I can get a pic with the
sticker on it.

I have also seen the 2547 listed as a "FCC accepted CB base" and
"Export only" It's essentially a mobile in a big case, wonder if
there are different versions floating around?

Chad

Chad what is the FCC id tag #'s on it....

On the sticker right?

Chad

Chad Wahls January 18th 05 08:57 PM

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in news:csjorb$n0g$1
@news.ks.uiuc.edu:

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

Just saw this after I posted about the 2547.

Mine has the FCC sticker on it. Also, they are tough to mod for
freeband use, NO MODS HERE! it can be done but they have the

tendency
to self destruct. They have made some changes to the unit in the

past
few years, wonder if that gained acceptance? I can get a pic with

the
sticker on it.

I have also seen the 2547 listed as a "FCC accepted CB base" and
"Export only" It's essentially a mobile in a big case, wonder if
there are different versions floating around?

Chad

Chad what is the FCC id tag #'s on it....

On the sticker right?

Chad

thats the one bubba

Will do tonight, I'm limited to google news at home and a dial-up :( May be
tomorrow before I get back.

Is this the site to check up on the number?

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/c...ericSearch.cfm

Best
Chad