RadioBanter

-   -   Roger Beeps 100% ILLEGAL (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/33683-re-roger-beeps-100%25-illegal.html)

Frank Gilliland January 18th 05 11:02 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:57:00 -0500, Dave Hall
wrote in :

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 04:57:04 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:04:53 -0500, Dave Hall
wrote in :

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:03:11 GMT, SideBand wrote:

[6] to transmit music, whistling, sound effects or any material to
amuse or entertain;

It's illegal because any form of free entertainment or amusement is a
direct attack on the free-enterprise system by the liberals who want
to weaken the corporate stronghold on the entertainment industry. So
the US government (whose sole purpose is to "protect, facilitate and
represent our interests in the world market") has disallowed any free
entertainment and amusement in non-profit venues, including CB radio.

How could you not see that, Dave?

Give it a rest Frank. We're not talking about politics anymore.

I see that -you- aren't talking about politics anymore because you
refuse to accept any facts; e.g., the fact here is that you are
looking at the wrong rule:

This is where the controversy is. Your assessment is valid, and it
would seem that since the FCC has allowed ETS signals on FRS radios,
(which also fall under part 95) that it would also stand to reason
that they would allow them on class "D" CB as well. The question is
why have they not made their position clear in the form of a rule
modification?

FRS radios have such tones because they are permitted by this rule:

"Sec. 95.193 (b) The FRS unit may transmit tones to make contact or
to continue communications with a particular FRS unit....."

CB radio has an identical rule:

"Sec. 95.412 (b) You may use your CB station to transmit a tone
signal only when the signal is used to make contact or to continue
communications....."

So it should be obvious that if any radio with a "roger-beep" is
accepted, the tone is considered to be a tool that is used to
-facilitate- communications, a purpose which is consistent with the
above rule(s).

And another fact: I brought this same issue to your attention almost a
year ago..... in -THIS- newsgroup.

Frank Gilliland January 18th 05 11:10 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:53:58 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote in
:

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:15:17 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote in
:

snip
Hey Frank, stfu you ****ing assclown, you are really starting to sound
like a real jerkoff.

"....starting"? Damn, I thought I had that 'jerkoff' routine pegged a
couple years ago!

No you are sounding more and more like tipsy everyday I am sorry to say.
I wouldnt have expect that from you of all people.

News flash: I don't write my posts to conform with your expectations.

SideBand January 19th 05 12:00 AM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:

Tone Squelch -Is a generic name for many "Sub-audible tone systems".

Don't you mean CTCSS?

Frank Gilliland January 19th 05 12:27 AM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:36:38 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote in
:

Twistedhed Gilliland wrote in

FRS radios have such tones because they are permitted by this rule:

You are getting like twisty more and more each day Go snip some more of
the FCC text so it doesnt include the part about selcal and tone operated
suelch. You will stoop to twisty levles to prove your right when your
wrong, assclown.

Speak for yourself. You conveniently snipped where I said, "....if any
radio with a "roger-beep" is accepted....", the keyword being "if".

SideBand January 19th 05 01:46 AM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
SideBand wrote in news:jqhHd.16384$_X7.6881
@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:

Tone Squelch -Is a generic name for many "Sub-audible tone systems".

Don't you mean CTCSS?

No

Tone Squelch -Is a generic name for many "Sub-audible tone systems". The
principle is that a receiver will not allow any audio to be routed to the
speaker unless it is accompanied by the appropriate sub-audible tone.
(Also see: CTCSS, ETS & PL)

CTCSS - "Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System" CTCSS is a series of
sub-audible tones which are standard on most new radios. An audible
cousin
of CTCSS is DTMF. These tones often perform control functions. Some
repeaters may require a sub-audible tone before activating, others use it
to perform functions such as turning all trunks on and off when a
specific tone is present. (Also see: Tone Squelch, ETS & PL)

ETS - "Electronic Tone Squelch" is the Canadian Marconi Company version
of
tone squelch. ETS is a series of sub-audible tones which has the ability
of performing control functions. (Also see, Tone Squelch, CTCSS & PL.)

Do I need to point it out? Am I the only one that sees it?

According to your first "definition" up there, Sub-Audible Tone System
(SATS) = CTCSS = PL.

In fact, all of my ICOM and Alinco manuals equate PL with CTCSS and
define them with the same definition you attribute to SATS.

Or were you confusing CTCSS with DTS?

Chad Wahls January 19th 05 01:54 AM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
"Chad Wahls" wrote in news:csjorb$n0g$1
@news.ks.uiuc.edu:

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"

wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

Just saw this after I posted about the 2547.

Mine has the FCC sticker on it. Also, they are tough to mod for
freeband use, NO MODS HERE! it can be done but they have the

tendency
to self destruct. They have made some changes to the unit in the

past
few years, wonder if that gained acceptance? I can get a pic

with
the
sticker on it.

I have also seen the 2547 listed as a "FCC accepted CB base" and
"Export only" It's essentially a mobile in a big case, wonder if
there are different versions floating around?

Chad

Chad what is the FCC id tag #'s on it....

On the sticker right?

Chad

thats the one bubba

Here ya go skippy:)

C2R-DX-2547

Entered: (C2R) (-DX-2547)

Here's a copy of the acceptance:

COPY FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS
COMMISSION
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20554

GRANT OF EQUIPMENT
AUTHORIZATION COPY
Certification

Ranger Electronic Communications Inc
70 Pei Nei Street Shulin 238
Taipei Hsien,
Taiwan Date of Grant: 07/09/1999

Application Dated: 08/25/1998

Attention: Susan Chiu

NOT TRANSFERABLE
EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION is hereby issued to the named GRANTEE, and is
VALID ONLY for the equipment identified hereon for use under the
Commission's Rules and Regulations listed below.

FCC IDENTIFIER: C2R-DX-2547

Name of Grantee: Ranger Electronic Communications Inc

Equipment Class: Licensed Non-Broadcast Station Transmitter
Notes: CB Transceiver

Grant Notes FCC Rule Parts Frequency
Range (MHZ) Output
Watts Frequency
Tolerance Emission
Designator
RF 95D 26.96 - 27.41 4.0 0.005 % 6K00A3E
95D 26.96 - 27.41 12.0 0.005 % 4K00J3E

RF: Meets the requirements applicable to Citizens Band Radio Service
equipment operating on up to 40 channels as specified in the Report and
Order in Docket 20120.

Mail To:
Rowland Johnson, President
Hyak Laboratories Inc
7011 Calamo Street, Suite 107
Springfield, VA 22150
US

9808288315408002

..... And it has a roger beep, and, I still think it's worthless!

Chad

Bert Craig January 19th 05 02:52 AM

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
oups.com...

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
"Chad Wahls" wrote in news:csjorb$n0g$1
@news.ks.uiuc.edu:

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"

wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

[...]

Game, set, and match!

For what it's woth, Chad...I too despise roger beeps ggg

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

SideBand January 19th 05 03:08 AM

Chad Wahls wrote:
itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:

"Chad Wahls" wrote in news:csjorb$n0g$1
:

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"

wrote in message ...

"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

[...]

OOps... Wonder if he'll admit he was wrong now?

A real man would.

-SSB

U Know Who January 19th 05 03:17 AM

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
oups.com...

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
"Chad Wahls" wrote in news:csjorb$n0g$1
@news.ks.uiuc.edu:

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"

wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

[...]

Suck my nads, George.

Frank Gilliland January 19th 05 03:42 AM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 03:17:33 GMT, "U Know Who"
wrote in :

snip

Suck my nads, George.

It occurs to me that he may be right. Just because the radio includes
a roger-beep (or some other noise function) may not exclude it from an
equipment authorization because the operator can turn it off.