RadioBanter

-   -   Roger Beeps 100% ILLEGAL (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/33683-re-roger-beeps-100%25-illegal.html)

Vinnie S. January 19th 05 04:04 AM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:34:29 -0600, "Chad Wahls" wrote:

Then by all means produce a radio that sells in the usa that is type
certified by the FCC, Randy tried but failed then he even came up
with a lame excuse that the FCC agent made a mistake... LOL I know
what the next excuse will sound like it will be " his co -worker
used his computer while he was out to lunch". Your opinion while
repected at times is not fact when it is spelled out and you nor any
others can produce a radio that is type certified with them. If they
were legal why would Cobra not incorporate them in at least 1 model,
just 1 ?? Why not Uniden?? radio Shack?? Nidland?? and whom ever is
a respected and legal company selling CB radios that are actually
type certified.

Galaxy DX2547, 100% FCC accepted, has a roger beep, indicator light
for it, and a switch on the front panel.

Worthless in my eyes as the operator that says "com'on" after every
sentence.

But there is one for 'ya!

Best
Chad

And here are a few for you Chad that radio included

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2...-253693A1.html

I saw that, One of the reasons I bought mine is because it "is" FCC
accepted. I will also do some searching, Wonder if there is not another
2547 "export version" with a DX99 in the chasis?

best
Chad

I had a Galaxy 949 which was a standard CB. Also had a roger beep.

Vinnie S.

Frank Gilliland January 19th 05 04:27 AM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:12:58 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote in
:

snip
You should thank Chad, and yes it is there , but using your excuse the
FCC agent who certifys radios ****ed up and let this one slip by, it also
has adjustable rf power which again is not allowed as per fcc rule.

Which rule is that?

U Know Who January 19th 05 04:27 AM

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"
wrote in message ...
"U Know Who" wrote in news:hjkHd.40410$Z%.28009
@fe1.texas.rr.com:

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
oups.com...

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
"Chad Wahls" wrote in news:csjorb$n0g$1
@news.ks.uiuc.edu:

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"

wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

Just saw this after I posted about the 2547.

Mine has the FCC sticker on it. Also, they are tough to mod for
freeband use, NO MODS HERE! it can be done but they have the
tendency
to self destruct. They have made some changes to the unit in the

past
few years, wonder if that gained acceptance? I can get a pic
with
the
sticker on it.

I have also seen the 2547 listed as a "FCC accepted CB base" and
"Export only" It's essentially a mobile in a big case, wonder if
there are different versions floating around?

Chad

Chad what is the FCC id tag #'s on it....

On the sticker right?

Chad

thats the one bubba

Here ya go skippy:)

C2R-DX-2547

Entered: (C2R) (-DX-2547)

Here's a copy of the acceptance:

COPY FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS
COMMISSION
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20554

GRANT OF EQUIPMENT
AUTHORIZATION COPY
Certification

Ranger Electronic Communications Inc
70 Pei Nei Street Shulin 238
Taipei Hsien,
Taiwan Date of Grant: 07/09/1999

Application Dated: 08/25/1998

Attention: Susan Chiu

NOT TRANSFERABLE
EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION is hereby issued to the named GRANTEE, and is
VALID ONLY for the equipment identified hereon for use under the
Commission's Rules and Regulations listed below.

FCC IDENTIFIER: C2R-DX-2547

Name of Grantee: Ranger Electronic Communications Inc

Equipment Class: Licensed Non-Broadcast Station Transmitter
Notes: CB Transceiver

Grant Notes FCC Rule Parts Frequency
Range (MHZ) Output
Watts Frequency
Tolerance Emission
Designator
RF 95D 26.96 - 27.41 4.0 0.005 % 6K00A3E
95D 26.96 - 27.41 12.0 0.005 % 4K00J3E

RF: Meets the requirements applicable to Citizens Band Radio Service
equipment operating on up to 40 channels as specified in the Report

and
Order in Docket 20120.

Mail To:
Rowland Johnson, President
Hyak Laboratories Inc
7011 Calamo Street, Suite 107
Springfield, VA 22150
US

9808288315408002

.... And it has a roger beep, and, I still think it's worthless!

Chad

Suck my nads, George.

You should thank Chad, and yes it is there , but using your excuse the
FCC agent who certifys radios ****ed up and let this one slip by, it also
has adjustable rf power which again is not allowed as per fcc rule.

The fact remains, too many reputable CB distributors sold it for it not be
type accepted. You stink.

SideBand January 19th 05 04:30 AM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:

You should thank Chad, and yes it is there , but using your excuse the
FCC agent who certifys radios ****ed up and let this one slip by, it also
has adjustable rf power which again is not allowed as per fcc rule.

Which Part 95 CB rule disallows adjustable RF power?

I would think that if the radio was only capable of 4W RMS AM Carrier /
12W SSB PEP at the MAX power setting, and was adjustable downward, it
wouldn't be that big of a deal, nor would it make the radio "illegal" or
uncertifiable...

Educate me.

-SSB

SideBand January 19th 05 04:39 AM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
Tell Ken.
CTCSS - "Continuous Tone Coded Squelch System" CTCSS is a series of
sub-audible tones which are standard on most new radios. An audible
cousin
of CTCSS is DTMF. These tones often perform control functions. Some
repeaters may require a sub-audible tone before activating, others use it
to perform functions such as turning all trunks on and off when a
specific
tone is present. (Also see: Tone Squelch, ETS & PL)

Hrm... this is at variance with your definition of CTCSS.

From http://www.pacres.com/ctcss.htm :

[quote begins]
CTCSS (Continuous Tone Controlled Squelch System) a sub audible tone in
the range of 67 to 254 Hz. The FM deviation level of CTCSS tones should
be in the range of 500 to 800 Hz. These tones are encoded with the voice
audio at all times during the transmission. Any one or more of the 50
tones can be used to gain access to the repeater. CTCSS decode and
encode is provided as a standard feature on all of our controllers,
using state of the art devices. All standard and non standard EIA CTCSS
tones can be decoded or encoded. You may select 1, 2, 3 or up to all 50
CTCSS decode tones to operate the repeater. You can even use CTCSS tones
and DCS codes on the same channel.
[end quote]

Here, CTCSS is defined as "a subaudible tone" "encoded with the voice
audio at all times during the transmission."

Sure sounds like your SATS definition, and PL to me...

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

-SSB

Landshark January 19th 05 04:41 AM

wrote in message ...
"U Know Who" wrote in news:hjkHd.40410$Z%.28009
@fe1.texas.rr.com:

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
oups.com...

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
"Chad Wahls" wrote in news:csjorb$n0g$1
@news.ks.uiuc.edu:

"itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge"

wrote in message ...
"Chad Wahls" wrote in
:

[...]

Y A W N.................. Did you really
think he would admit it? Too many years not being
in one way sociable to anyone has left him nothing left
to do but act like the newsgroup punch clown.

Landshark

--
Courage is what it takes to stand up
and speak; courage is also what it

SideBand January 19th 05 04:42 AM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
snipped for brevity

Some more information to educate you.

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~dra/pl.html

-SSB

SideBand January 19th 05 04:50 AM

Here's another one that equates all three.. CTCSS, PL, and SATS

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=CTCSS

-SSB

Frank Gilliland January 19th 05 05:14 AM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:03:53 -0600, itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote in
:

snip
...The advantage of this system is that the subaudible tones are
transmitted for the whole period of the transmission so if the signal
fades at the beginning of the transmission is lost but later then
increases in strength, the continuously transmitted tones will enable the
squelch to open and the audio to be heard.

.....huh? The radio goes back into squelch when the signal is lost
because when the signal is lost so are the tones.

SideBand January 19th 05 05:16 AM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge wrote:
SideBand wrote in news:xGlHd.19394$by5.996
@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

Here's another one that equates all three.. CTCSS, PL, and SATS

are you ****ing drunk you stupid ass**** I said they are all the ****ing
same read what the **** I tpye instead of trying to educate people. I have
already educated you and told you they are all the ****ing same.

No.. you said they were different.

I asked you "did you mean CTCSS"

You said "no"

I pointed out they were the same.

There's no need to resort to insults, not-not-jorge, just because you
don't want to admit you were wrong twice on the same day... that is
unless your intellect limits you to such things.

-SSB