Old September 11th 05, 10:02 AM
The Magnum

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
k35454 wrote:

;oP even our cops dont eat donuts ;o)

That's why they don't let them carry guns.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

The British police do carry guns, but only specially trained officers not
every rookie cop. Unlike the US and although gun crime in the UK is growing
were nowhere near in as much trouble as to need every officer to be gun
bearing.. and what was that i heard on the news.... supermarkets were robbed
of their guns by looters...... supermarkets sell guns ???? what sort of
crazy **** is that?? youll be giving them away free with every box of bran
flakes next ;o)

Old September 11th 05, 04:38 PM
Landshark

"The Magnum" wrote in message

The British police do carry guns, but only specially trained officers not
every rookie cop. Unlike the US and although gun crime in the UK is
growing
were nowhere near in as much trouble as to need every officer to be gun
bearing.. and what was that i heard on the news.... supermarkets were
robbed
of their guns by looters...... supermarkets sell guns ???? what sort of
crazy **** is that?? youll be giving them away free with every box of bran
flakes next ;o)

Not quite lad. Here in the former colonies we have what they
call WAL-MART'S or SUPER KMART'S. Now these fine
establishments are what we would call a one-stop-shopping's
store.
You could go in and get your clothes, tools etc etc, all the
while you're getting the food stores. On the way out of the store
you might as well pick up a 9mm along with a spare box of ammo.

Landshark

--
The internet is fun but it's no substitute for books, people, nature,
or direct experiences. But you think that you can get everything you

Frank Gililland

Old September 11th 05, 05:27 PM
The Magnum

"Landshark" wrote in message

"The Magnum" wrote in message

[...]

Yes i know all about the wal-marts... over here its ASDA which although it
isnt as comprehensive as what you have over there its along the same lines.
Still suprising though that an item such as a gun, especially a 9mm can be
picked up so easily as anything else you wish to buy. The sale of guns seems
so casual its no wonder the Police act the way they do when stopping a
vehical. I have watched lots of the American reality cop programmes and
thought wow, how over the top is that arrest but when you stop and think
these guys could have .. like you say.. bought a 9mm while picking up some
groceries and with the amount of Nuts you have wandering the streets of the
US its no wonder they take no chances.
Oh we get our nuts over here too and i dont know whether its actually
getting worse or with the media today its a lot more publicised than in the
past but a swift squirt of CS gas or whatever they use normally does the
job... wouldnt work against an armed villan as you would be shot while
getting the spray out but fortunately most of our villans arent armed
especially the screwball ones. Well, not with guns anyhow...

Old September 11th 05, 05:30 PM
Michael A. Terrell

The Magnum wrote:

The British police do carry guns, but only specially trained officers not
every rookie cop. Unlike the US and although gun crime in the UK is growing
were nowhere near in as much trouble as to need every officer to be gun
bearing..

So, they will wait till a lot more officers die before thinking about
arming them properly? Typical.

No wonder they don't eat doughnuts. They are too busy looking for
the perp who is going to kill them while they are not permitted to
protect themselves. They are so nervous they can't hold on to a nice,
big doughnuts and cup of hot coffee without dropping the doughnuts and
getting coffee all over their uniforms.

and what was that i heard on the news.... supermarkets were robbed
of their guns by looters...... supermarkets sell guns ???? what sort of
crazy **** is that??

I have NEVER seen any guns or ammunition for sale in any supermarket
in any state that I have been in. That is as stupid as a gun store
selling doughnuts.

On the other hand, some Wal-Mart department stores do sell guns and
their super stores do sell food, but that still isn't a "Supermarket
selling guns" and several Wal-Mart stores were looted in New Orleans.

youll be giving them away free with every box of bran flakes next ;o) No, breakfast cereal here is too cheap for them to be able to do that. Maybe they will let you collect 500 box tops and get a box of bullets, someday. I did heard about the salesman throwing in a free gun rack when someone bought a new pickup truck. ;-)

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old September 11th 05, 05:50 PM
The Magnum

The Magnum wrote:

[...]

LOL, the british police are armed, we have special armed forces that are
normally used in terrorist or gun related crimes but no.. the average PC
plod has his telescopic baton (oooh err matron) handcuffs (Kinky) and a can
of CS spray which he is a bit worried about using in case he gets sued...The
donut reference i think is solely a US thing as ours eat a nice bacon sarnie
while pounding the beat with children mocking them.
Mind you, that said most of our traffic police are being replaced by Gatso
cameras to make huge amounts of revenue from the poor sods who dare go a
couple of miles over a far too slow speed limit... but thats another
gripe....

Old September 12th 05, 02:00 AM
Eric F. Richards

"The Magnum" wrote:

The British police do carry guns, but only specially trained officers not
every rookie cop.

Specially trained, like that lot who killed the brazilian guy?

Some training. Don't get ID. Take a leak instead of watching your
subject. Chase him down, again without ID. Pin him to a seat in the
Tube. THEN shoot.

Sorry, I don't give a rat**** about these "my country is better than
yours" threads but do NOT give me this "Specially trained" bull****.
That was an amateur screw up, that cost an innocent man his life.

Old September 12th 05, 06:59 PM
The Magnum

"Eric F. Richards" wrote in message
news
"The Magnum" wrote:

The British police do carry guns, but only specially trained officers

not
every rookie cop.

Specially trained, like that lot who killed the brazilian guy?

Some training. Don't get ID. Take a leak instead of watching your
subject. Chase him down, again without ID. Pin him to a seat in the
Tube. THEN shoot.

Sorry, I don't give a rat**** about these "my country is better than
yours" threads but do NOT give me this "Specially trained" bull****.
That was an amateur screw up, that cost an innocent man his life.

One occurance and the Brazilian guy was so innocent his address was found in
one of the un-exploded back packs. The only thing he was innocent of was
that he wasnt actually carrying a bomb and probably wasnt part of the 5 bomb
assault team that day. What about the American Police who shoot to kill then
ask questions later.... your saying this doesnt happen?
As far as my country is better than your country goes, i have never said
that and nor will i. I have a huge amount of respect for America and its
people.. well, most of its people... and you will find if you knew me at all
i take as i find.. if people are nice to me i am nice back. I am nice to
people who i dont know... until they make me dislike them... The specially
trained quote is true... they are not normal Bobbies on the Beat.. but that
said, even specially trained people screw up sometimes, its a fact of life.

Old September 14th 05, 01:27 PM
Eric F. Richards

"The Magnum" wrote:

[...] What about the American Police who shoot to kill then
ask questions later.... your saying this doesnt happen?

you're.

No, I'm saying, we don't call them "specially trained." We call them
suspects, yank them off duty, and investigate them. Occasionally they
actually face justice. The rest of the time, the elected officials
feel our wrath.

The specially
trained quote is true... they are not normal Bobbies on the Beat.. but that
said, even specially trained people screw up sometimes, its a fact of life.

They may not be normal Bobbies on the beat, but their "special
training" has to go beyond ballroom dancing and proper behavior around
the Royals. Like, how to handle a high-stress situation and not let
the adrenaline cloud your judgement.

Old September 14th 05, 06:39 PM
The Magnum

"The Magnum" wrote:

[...] What about the American Police who shoot to kill then
ask questions later.... your saying this doesnt happen?

you're.

No, I'm saying, we don't call them "specially trained." We call them
suspects, yank them off duty, and investigate them. Occasionally they
actually face justice. The rest of the time, the elected officials
feel our wrath.

*Oh i think youll find we have the same thing here in the UK. Theres many an
occasion this has happened over the years. Just because of one highlighted
incident dont think its common place

The specially
trained quote is true... they are not normal Bobbies on the Beat.. but

that
said, even specially trained people screw up sometimes, its a fact of

life.

They may not be normal Bobbies on the beat, but their "special
training" has to go beyond ballroom dancing and proper behavior around
the Royals. Like, how to handle a high-stress situation and not let
the adrenaline cloud your judgement.

*I think your becoming a bit silly now. Everyone at sometime makes a
mistake.. thats why its so heavily publicised when it happens because its
out of the ordinary. Ive seen film footage of an american police woman
accidentally shooting a suspect while hes on the floor and being restrained
and handcuffed without undue problems. Does this mean the american police
all shoot the criminals when they are helpless on the floor? no.. it was an
accident in the heat of the moment.. if you want the clip so you can see im
not making it up i will find it for you..

Old September 15th 05, 08:47 AM

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:27:33 -0600, Eric F. Richards
wrote:

"The Magnum" wrote:

[...] What about the American Police who shoot to kill then
ask questions later.... your saying this doesnt happen?

you're.

No, I'm saying, we don't call them "specially trained." We call them
suspects, yank them off duty, and investigate them. Occasionally they
actually face justice. The rest of the time, the elected officials
feel our wrath.

The specially
trained quote is true... they are not normal Bobbies on the Beat.. but that
said, even specially trained people screw up sometimes, its a fact of life.

They may not be normal Bobbies on the beat, but their "special
training" has to go beyond ballroom dancing and proper behavior around
the Royals. Like, how to handle a high-stress situation and not let
the adrenaline cloud your judgement.

Or, more likely, the testosterone. Which must have been a new
experience for the wimps.