Old January 17th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap

Default Governor Romney dismissed role of Amateur Radio Operators inEmergencies.

Cecil Moore wrote:
Mr. Jim wrote:
Romney just lost my VOTE.

I suspect any rational vote would go to Ron Paul.

Cecil:

If you do nothing else, check out this youtube link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s08RJ2_o_MM

A man with a rational mind does much to restore faith in America. He
speaks of the "insanity" running rampant in America ...

Better yet, use the search on the youtube page and search for all the
vid clips on Ron Paul.

Regards,
JS
Old January 17th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap

John Smith wrote:
I suspect any rational mind would go with Ron Paul. He IS my hero,
'yanno? LOL Too bad he ain't a ham.

It's not too late.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old January 17th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap

John Smith wrote:
If you do nothing else, check out this youtube link:

John, you are preaching to the choir. I've been a
"Libertarian" since before the Libertarian party
was created.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old January 18th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap

AI4QJ wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
.. .
Mr. Jim wrote:
Romney just lost my VOTE.

I suspect any rational vote would go to Ron Paul.

Absolutely.I am proud of my son who acquainted me with Ron Paul's material.
I used to be Constitution Party but in this case I am Republican...Ron Paul.

Yes, the Klan likes him, too.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old January 18th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna, rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment, rec.radio.amateur.misc

On Jan 16, 1:34*pm, "laborkei" wrote:
'I am ashamed tonight that I am a *Republican!' remarked one ham radio
viewer. '[Romney] speaks in
derogatory *tones about hams. He certainly shows an ignorance as to what we
do and are *capable of. I
suggest a grass roots campaign of local hams calling the State *House and
The
Governor's Office *to
protest.'

It's not ignorance - he's clearly in Motorola's back pocket, to take
away whatever ham spectrum he can to give to the big communications
cartels. All in the name of "emergency response", of course, but
anyone who can add up a couple bandwidths knows that the real need is
to give it to the cellphone companies.

The ARRL has to kind of pussyfoot around these issues because you
can't have hams being against the communications cartels as long as
"emergency responder radio" spectrum is their trump card.

Tim N3QE

Old January 18th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Tim Shoppa wrote:

The ARRL has to kind of pussyfoot around these issues because you
can't have hams being against the communications cartels as long as
"emergency responder radio" spectrum is their trump card.

Tim N3QE

Everyone I know, who is "cutting edge", is ~1Ghz+. My 100W Ghz amp is
unbelievable--I am now constructing the 1KW (and I am telling you, there
ARE major design/construction problems to deal with!)--dreaming about 4KW!

HF is just too-too ...

Regards,
JS
Old January 20th 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap

I am a Democrat. Even I can tell this is a smear job. Lots of
operatives out there with their "eyes on the prize". Don't be misled by
these emails. The gloves are off. Internet dispatches are ALL suspect.

We are all sailing in rough seas. In the end, each of us can pick the
candidate we are most comfortable with.

73,

John
AB8O
Old January 20th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap

jawod wrote:
I am a Democrat. Even I can tell this is a smear job. Lots of
operatives out there with their "eyes on the prize". Don't be misled by
these emails. The gloves are off. Internet dispatches are ALL suspect.

We are all sailing in rough seas. In the end, each of us can pick the
candidate we are most comfortable with.

73,

John
AB8O

John,
I would respectfully beg to differ with you. This incident actually
happened a couple of years ago, -long- before he threw is hat in the
ring; no reason to 'smear' him back then...
Old January 20th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap
You You is offline

In article ,
Carter-k8vt wrote:

jawod wrote:
I am a Democrat. Even I can tell this is a smear job. Lots of
operatives out there with their "eyes on the prize". Don't be misled by
these emails. The gloves are off. Internet dispatches are ALL suspect.

We are all sailing in rough seas. In the end, each of us can pick the
candidate we are most comfortable with.

73,

John
AB8O

John,
I would respectfully beg to differ with you. This incident actually
happened a couple of years ago, -long- before he threw is hat in the
ring; no reason to 'smear' him back then...

You miss the point, the smear is NOW. Why bring up comments that are
two years OLD, NOW? To smear the guy, is the only reason.....
Old January 20th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap

You wrote:

You miss the point, the smear is NOW.

No, 'You', I believe YOU miss the point. *Romney* said he did not like
ham radio operators. Words from *his* own mouth. Period.

Please tell me why -quoting- what HE ACTUALLY SAID is a smear...and if
by some stretch of the imagination, you manage to twist a direct quote
around as a being a smear, well then, Romney smeared himself. Finally,
are we to give him a free pass just because he said it 'x' number of
(years) (weeks) (days) ago?

Why bring up comments that are
two years OLD, NOW?

Well, because he never retracted the statement. Presumably then, these
are STILL his feelings towards hams. Again, does a negative statement he
makes just 'time out' and shouldn't be quoted after a certain period of
time even though he still stands by the statement? What period of time
would you suggest that after which, we just ignore what he said?