Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 8th 05, 02:35 AM
TOM

Well, if anyplace has severe narrowband interference, I would think that
HF would surely be it.

-- Tom, N5EG

"Paul Rubin" wrote in message
"TOM" writes:
DSSS is nowhere near the best modulation format in the presence of
narrowband interference. OFDM is far better suited in this case as
was shown in ADSL trials (examing the effects of cable
crosstalk). We found the same during our amateur spread specturm
experiments in Dallas in the 902-928 MHZ band in the late 1990s
where DSSS was far inferior to frequency hopping with bad channel
notching.

I was thinking in terms of DSSS on the HF bands, for reliable, long
haul data traffic at very low bit rates. Am I nuts?