Old November 30th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Problems with ARRL Incoming buro?

Dave WB4IUY wrote:

reflector of only 140 uses, several people spoke up with similar
problems. I posted the message on this forum and got 41 negative
replies in less than 48 hours.

Dave, there's room for one other "bright spot" in this
cloudy situation: I know usenet groups are falling out of
use, and a lot of the ones that ARE still active are full
of obscene morons shouting abuse at each other.

So it's not good that you got 41 negative responses about
the incoming bureau service--but it IS good that that many
people are still reading rec.radio.amateur.dx! :-)

Speaking of QSLs, when I started playing on HF again the
other week, I queried my logging database. I've got around
190 worked, and around 180 actually confirmed. Maybe one
of these days I'll actually get around to applying for
DXCC .. :-/

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001
Old December 1st 06, 08:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Derek Wills wrote:
Well, all the people who have done the 5B sorting over the last
20 yrs have done a fine job of keeping me supplied with cards,
and the W5 buro sent many tens of lbs of cards when I was manager
for two active contest stations, so I have no complaints.
People get tired of the job - I would, and I'm sure you would if
you tried it!
Derek
aa5bt

Glad the 5B sorters have done fine for ya. I'm sure there are lots of
them who are doing fine...I'm not saying the whole buro is defunct, I'm
saying there are some portions of it that are. Heck, most of the ARRL
officers on their own website won't even answer emails about this. I
don't know if they "don't want to get involved", "are tired", or what.
In fact, the only ARRL official who would reply was Sharon Taratula on
Mon, 20 Nov. Her exact comment was "I will get back in touch with you."
It's now Dec 1, and nothing else has come from her. This is the
typical type of responses I've been getting since 2003.

I don't doubt that I'd tire of it, Derek. Maybe, the handlers who are
tired of their jobs, should turn it over to someone else (if there is
someone else who would take it). I've done lots of volunteer jobs over
the years that became tiring, but I didn't just lay down on the job. I
kept doing them until someone else could take over. Like I said in an
earlier comment...I've been around the lock a few times. I'm just
burning out on trying to get the issue fixed.

Dave WB4IUY

Old December 1st 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Win wrote:
Anyone know why Dick's reply was removed?
Win, W0LZ

Hmmmm... I didn't even see it.

Dave WB4IUY