Old September 26th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-09-26

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-09-26.
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

LAST CALL! PLEASE DO CHECK and UPDATE your info at the VHF-DATABASE
now - we will try to setup a new VHF-DATABASE for VQ-Log and as well
for the DX-Cluster in begin of October 2008 (these DX-Cluster will
be only updated once per year!) TRY our VHF-DATÁBASE and update it:

VHF-DATABASE http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbase.php uintil 27th sept.!

***

ConDX/SolarActivity: Yesterday Space Weather News reported "an
encouraging sign that the 11- year solar cycle is indeed progressing"
as a new Cycle 24 magnetism has formed what appears to be two fast
growing planet earth sized sunspots (1002). The two spots were
discovered late on Sunday September 21st. These are cycle 24 activity
as they are located well above the sun's equator high in the northern
latitude. This new activity also has the magnetic polarity of Cycle 24.
You can see the new cycle 24 spots at http://tinyurl.com/3rcr84.
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 185) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

5R8EM LH42 still qrv 144 MHz EME - Since saturday 20th the group made
QSO to QSO on 144 MHz EME-QSL please via Jacques F1BCS... Hi there,
thank you very much for the many contacts on144 EME, please have a
look at 5r8em.blogspot.com for the latest news and take the opportunity
to call us for this last pass. We were still 'blackout'ed by the
unknown local noise which was putting our smeter to S9 for hours
(at least until 4am UTC and for the moon set). Nevertheless, we got
new calls on the list, and it's fun ! Now, the next pass will be the
last pass for us and we would love to get new ones and/or some big
guns calling us again in order to ear the bagpipes sounds again.
See you 5R8EM - SOURCE: tnx JM, F1HDI, via MoonNet and own BLOG

***

MM/DK1ROB will be active from the Isle of Barra (IO66) which is
IOTA reference EU 010 between 28 September and 3 October. Activity
will be on 40 to 2 metres and 70cm using SSB, RTTY and possibly PSK.
QSL via DK1ROB, direct or by the bureau.
SOURCE: tnx GB2RS NEWS Sunday 21 September 2008

***

The 51st JOTA / 12th JOTI will take place on 18 and 19 October 2008.
Now is the time to start planning! With your help, the World Scout
Bureau can compile a world-wide overview of the weekend and make it
available to all participants. Of course, the information has to come
from the participating Scout groups in your country. Used QRGs are
from HF to 50 MHz and as well VHF and UHF...
http://www.scout.org/en/information_...51st_jota_2008
SOURCE: UBA Traffic News

***

75th Anniversary of the invention of FM radio: Major Edwin H. Armstrong
Memorial Radio Club, W2XMN, EL96UR QRV - Dec 13-Dec 14, 1400Z-2200Z, Royal
Palm Beach, FL. SSB 14.270 7.270 FM 52.525 29.600. QSL. Major EH Armstrong
FM Association, PO Box 1584, Loxahatchee, FL 33470. www.freewebs.com/mafma
W2XMN - DATEEC13 1400Z-DEC14 2200Z 2008 - QSLM:W2XEA - FREQ:52.525FM
URL:http://freewebs.com/mafma
SOURCE: Tnx Andy (Neon), 50 MHz DX News (Got6???)

***

Billy IS0ICE Memorial Day October, 5. 2008 - From "Franco ISŘVSU"
Sunday 5 ottobre 2008 , by 08.00 to 14.00 UTC, Billy IS0ICE Memorial Day.
Approach : 145500 MHz. HF Frequencies : 3.560, 3.620, 7.035, 7.090, 14060,
and 14290 MHz Call: Billy IS0ICE MD Callsign : IQ0QP Modes, CW/SSB
Power: QRP only Site : Parco Regionale Monte Sette Fratelli
http://www.sardiniahikeandbike.com/p...p?idpercorso=4
72 and 73 de Franco IS0VSU www.sardiniaqrp.com Tks Franco
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)