Old July 19th 05, 02:16 AM
ml

Default qsl postage vs stamps?

hi

just wondering, the best way to help get a return qsl

(dx)

would that be enclosing either greenstamps/irc' or putting that
particular countries postage on a sase ??

thanks
Old July 19th 05, 03:06 AM
Bert Craig

"ml" wrote in message
hi

just wondering, the best way to help get a return qsl

(dx)

would that be enclosing either greenstamps/irc' or putting that
particular countries postage on a sase ??

thanks

I have found that a S.A.E. along with $2 does the trick most of the time. I
use the DX envelopes at www.w4mpy.com, the return envelope fits inside the
outer envelope without having to fold it.

--
Vy 73 de Bert
WA2SI

Old July 19th 05, 10:32 AM
ml

In article ,
"Bert Craig" wrote:

"ml" wrote in message
hi

just wondering, the best way to help get a return qsl

(dx)

would that be enclosing either greenstamps/irc' or putting that
particular countries postage on a sase ??

thanks

I have found that a S.A.E. along with $2 does the trick most of the time. I
use the DX envelopes at www.w4mpy.com, the return envelope fits inside the
outer envelope without having to fold it.

wow, cash? thought most of those foriegn post offices would just steal
it, and i don't know but all those foriegn places, if not stolen, can
accept us currency?

thanks for the previoius reply!!
Old July 19th 05, 01:18 PM
Thierry

"ml" wrote in message
I have found that a S.A.E. along with $2 does the trick most of the

time. I
use the DX envelopes at www.w4mpy.com, the return envelope fits inside

the
outer envelope without having to fold it.

wow, cash? thought most of those foriegn post offices would just steal
it, and i don't know but all those foriegn places, if not stolen, can
accept us currency?

Tttt. I send over 250 dxcc direct with a SAE and $1 (sometimes $2 for a few
DX). I received back 100% of QSL.
Even in Russia. I sent many GS plus IRC for an award. It happened that the
address was false. Months later the USSR Post office sent me back all I
sent. Nothing was stolen.
Up to now QSLing direct, even including GS is the most secure and fastest
way to get your QSL back.
There are rumors about theft, etc, but in practice I do not know any people
having experienced such problems.

More info : http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/qsl-gs.htm

73
Thierry, ON4SKY

thanks for the previoius reply!!

Old July 19th 05, 02:42 PM
Smithers

Hi,

Some countries can't take us currency so
be sure to check first.

There are a few out there that will keep
your stamped envelope but that happens.

Don't put the callsign on the envelopes,
just the name and address.

If you are an ARRL member,
or member of other orgs (google on buro qsl)

you can use the bureau to qsl.

Takes some time.

http://www.arrl.org/qsl/qslout.html
is arrl info for you.

73

Old July 20th 05, 07:49 PM
Ragnar Otterstad

just wondering, the best way to help get a return qsl
(dx)
would that be enclosing either greenstamps/irc' or putting that

particular countries postage on a sase ??

It varies from country to country.

IRCs are generally your safest bet.

Online postage costs worldwide? Odd Erling N. Eriksen General 2 September 15th 04 06:14 PM
Mt. Athos return postage? Doug Smith W9WI Dx 8 July 18th 04 06:27 PM
FREE for POSTAGE: 1990 Radio Shack Police Call Radio Guide Volume #4 - IL, IN, WI, KY John Vercellino Scanner 2 April 13th 04 02:42 PM
QSL postage question ku4uv Shortwave 3 August 14th 03 01:02 AM
Free for postage: Three metal tubes,5T4, 6SR7, 6J5 John Vercellino Swap 0 July 18th 03 09:26 PM