Old February 5th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default naming names - DX lids

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 23:29:27 GMT, "Hank Oredson"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 05:40:07 GMT, Doug Smith W9WI
wrote:

Win wrote:
Have I ever called on the DX's frequency?

Yes.

Have I ever missed my call?

Yes.

If you haven't made these, and other mistakes, you probably haven't
been DXing long.

An occasional error is to be expected. I've certainly done all of this.

When it happens over and over and over again, that's not an occasional
error.

When the DX comes back to a given caller *several times* - and there's
no QRM on the DX's transmit frequency to make it difficult to copy - and
the same caller is one of the continuous callers who's been sending his
call over and over again for the last five minutes regardless of who the
DX came back to - there's a pattern. That's not an honest error; that's
being a lid.

can you realy know that the other station is hearing some interference
you are not?

What part of "If you cannot copy the DX, do not call" do you
misunderstand? Why?

none at all

i have simply pointed out that you nor anyone can what the other
calling station can hear

why is that so hard for you understand

I would say no so you are presuming to know what the other station 's
problem lack of skill vs local interfence not strong enough to
propogate

and presuming leaving one at risk of much the same as assuming

Ignorance is it's own revenge.

indeed

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old February 10th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Billy Smith

Typical Brit

"Charlie" wrote in message
Keep working on your people skills...you need it!!

--

Charlie-AD5TH
www.deepsouthnet.net

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:13:52 -0600, "Charlie" wrote:

Answers:
1. No

It soon will.

2. No

They soon will.

Question:
1. Why are you such an ASS?

I really don't know, Charlie. There's just something about you that
seems to bring out the very worst in people!
:-)

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Names Reg Edwards Antenna 24 June 15th 05 03:00 AM
OT- new politician names Keith Hosman KC8TCQ CB 0 November 17th 04 06:28 PM
Radio related domain names for sale Frank C. D'Amato Scanner 2 February 25th 04 05:12 PM