Old February 3rd 06, 09:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Charlie

Default naming names - DX lids

Dan you better get OUT of Ham Radio right away....you obviously have a
strong predisposition towards masochism.
Too bad you'll never get the rest of the world to run their stations and
work DX "your way". You STINK....

--

Charlie-AD5TH
www.ad5th.com

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...

there) One would, however, think common sense would tell people even if
you do know which DX station is there, you're going to have to be able to
hear him to make a QSO!

Not really....let me explain how that works in today's computer world.

You call and call and call and hope he hears you. Then you check the
internet automatic log to see if your call shows up. In the meantime you
keep calling.

See?

Dan/W4NTI

Old February 3rd 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
there) One would, however, think common sense would tell people even if
you do know which DX station is there, you're going to have to be able to
hear him to make a QSO!

Not really....let me explain how that works in today's computer world.

You call and call and call and hope he hears you. Then you check the
internet automatic log to see if your call shows up. In the meantime you
keep calling.

Ah, so *that's* why Cumberland Electric had to increase utility rates --
to pay for the extra plants to power all those fruitless
transmissionsgrin!

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Ham stuff for sale:
http://www.w9wi.com/articles/4sale.htm

Old February 3rd 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Charlie

Answers:
1. No

2. No

Question:
1. Why are you such an ASS?

--

Charlie-AD5TH
www.deepsouthnet.net

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 03:50:12 -0600, "Charlie" wrote:

Dan you better get OUT of Ham Radio right away....you obviously have a
strong predisposition towards masochism.
Too bad you'll never get the rest of the world to run their stations and
work DX "your way". You STINK....

Has your tower fallen down yet, Charlie?
;-)

Does the University of Southern California know that you are misusing
their email domain?
;-)

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Old February 3rd 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Charlie

Keep working on your people skills...you need it!!

--

Charlie-AD5TH
www.deepsouthnet.net

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:13:52 -0600, "Charlie" wrote:

Answers:
1. No

It soon will.

2. No

They soon will.

Question:
1. Why are you such an ASS?

I really don't know, Charlie. There's just something about you that
seems to bring out the very worst in people!
:-)

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

Old February 3rd 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 03:50:12 -0600, "Charlie" wrote:

Dan you better get OUT of Ham Radio right away....you obviously have a
strong predisposition towards masochism.
Too bad you'll never get the rest of the world to run their stations and
work DX "your way". You STINK....

Dan problem is more a matter of having a Chip the size of RMS titanic
or KMS Bismark on his shoulder a different phenom than mashochism

bt it is obvious he is increasingly unhapy with Ham radio, and that
this is likely to only get worse

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download

Old February 3rd 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Win

Have I ever called on the DX's frequency?

Yes.

Have I ever missed my call?

Yes.

If you haven't made these, and other mistakes, you probably haven't
been DXing long.

Do I use spots?

Yes.

Back in the 80s the W7PHO net would hold your hand during a contact.
They even repeated your call and reports at times. Is this any better
than using a spot? Did I ever check into the PHO net.

Well,yes.

Win, w0lz
Old February 3rd 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Charlie

Good point...the whole idea is to get them in the log anyway you can. It
certainly makes no difference to the DXCC desk if you got the "new one" by a
dx net, chasing spots, your buddy telephoned you, or you used the old way of
tuning and listening, hoping, tuning listening, hoping..you get the idea!

--

Charlie-AD5TH
www.ad5th.com

Old February 3rd 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Caveat Lector

This scenerio has been replayed for the last hundred years
Has nothing to do with extra heavies, extra lights, and newbies
Has to do with human nature - and that has changed little for the past 2000
years

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
OK, there hasn't been much posted here lately that's actually about DX, so
here goes...

Just worked 6O0N on 20 meters CW. The QSO would have happened much faster
if not for some of the stations listed below:

6O0N: KN5??
Callers: K7LB KC6AWX KA5TQF

6O0N: VE7??
Callers: W6VM AB9H KA5TQF

6O0N: KC6AWX 5NN
Callers: several, but NOT KC6AWX!

6O0N: W9WI 5NN
Caller: K7LB
(I *did* complete the QSO successfully)

6O0N: KA5TQF 5NN
Callers: VE7AHA VE2FVD AA6W (but NOT KA5TQF!)

6O0N: WB??
Caller: AA6W

There are, of course, some patterns here. You can also rest assured the
stations mentioned weren't the only lids calling DX they apparently can't
copy. (I was listening in 500Hz bandwidth on the second receiver so only
heard about 1/4 of the pileup at any given time)

Yes, when the 6O came back to KC6AWX, and later when he came back to
KA5TQF, they didn't hear him... they were calling a DX station they
couldn't hear... I suppose that's probably not a surprise to the real
DXers on this forum... At least to TQF's credit, he did copy the 6O on
the third try...

Add to that the European station who decided to call CQ dead on top of the
6O without bothering to ask whether the frequency was in use... (but much
to my pleasant surprise, nobody but the 6O told him to QSY...)

Old February 3rd 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

"Charlie" wrote in message
Dan you better get OUT of Ham Radio right away....you obviously have a
strong predisposition towards masochism.
Too bad you'll never get the rest of the world to run their stations and
work DX "your way". You STINK....

--

Charlie-AD5TH
www.ad5th.com

And all this time I thought you had some sense Charlie. Boy was I wrong. I
don't want folks to follow in lock step to my thoughts. It would be nice
tho, if they actually did HEAR the DX station.

You do understand sarcasm don't you? Or are YOU locked so tight up your
posterior you need a scuba mask to get air?

Dan/W4NTI

Old February 3rd 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:00:33 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

"Charlie" wrote in message
Dan you better get OUT of Ham Radio right away....you obviously have a
strong predisposition towards masochism.
Too bad you'll never get the rest of the world to run their stations and
work DX "your way". You STINK....

--

Charlie-AD5TH
www.ad5th.com

And all this time I thought you had some sense Charlie. Boy was I wrong. I
don't want folks to follow in lock step to my thoughts. It would be nice
tho, if they actually did HEAR the DX station.

no one can from your manner Dan

You do understand sarcasm don't you?

if you lay it on to thick it stops being readable as sarcasm ole boy
Or are YOU locked so tight up your
posterior you need a scuba mask to get air?

and there you go making statements that convince folks you are as a
nuts and hidebound as you get accsed of being

Dan/W4NTI

Names Reg Edwards Antenna 24 June 15th 05 03:00 AM
OT- new politician names Keith Hosman KC8TCQ CB 0 November 17th 04 06:28 PM
Radio related domain names for sale Frank C. D'Amato Scanner 2 February 25th 04 05:12 PM