RadioBanter

-   -   Do Hams get 11 Meters Back (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24125-re-do-hams-get-11-meters-back.html)

Indianaradio August 13th 03 12:26 AM

Just what we need. More CB'ers on ham radio. The Ham bands have gone to hell
since the ARRL BS of the seventies.
I agree, get rid of the CW but go back to the written test of the fifities. And
out law the Bash crap.
But heck, I'm only dreaming. It will NEVER happen. Glad I was run off by the
CB'ers. I don't miss that BS.
Your guy's loss.

Jim Hampton August 13th 03 04:22 AM

No, Mopar, the VEs charge. It used to be free at the FCC, but, for me at
least, that meant a 60 mile trip (120 miles round trip) to the FCC in
Buffalo, NY, and one minute of perfect copy at 20 words per minute. When I
had dropped my tickets and decided to retest in 1993, I believe it was under
$6.00 for the session. That was 20 words per minute, but multiple guess.
Now it is 5 words per minute, but the testing charge is considerably higher
(don't ask me, I don't know. I simply showed up for the tests in '93. You
don't have to score 100%). So, while someone may pay for the exam, that 120
mile round trip savings is worth something. Don't worry too much though. I
hear the FCC is going to try to package the licenses in boxes of Cracker
Jax. :)

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

wrote in message
West Coast Radio wrote:
Sounds like you old pro-coders are getting upset! I worked and had to
pay to get my no-code ticket.

You paid someone to help you get through a dumbed down IQ test?

Heads up. This guy is your next extra class. dit dat..

--
GO# 40

---

[email protected] August 13th 03 04:27 AM

wrote in message
West Coast Radio wrote:
Sounds like you old pro-coders are getting upset! I worked and had
to pay to get my no-code ticket.

You paid someone to help you get through a dumbed down IQ test?

Heads up. This guy is your next extra class. dit dat..

They don't have me worried yet, Jim. Note to self: buy some
Cracker Jax stock.

Or they will come with the radio, you take the te$t and mail
it back with a check.

--
GO# 40

Robert Casey August 13th 03 05:04 AM

wrote:

West Coast Radio wrote:

Sounds like you old pro-coders are getting upset! I worked and had to
pay to get my no-code ticket.

You paid someone to help you get through a dumbed down IQ test?

Application fee. It's not as if he was guaranteed to pass by paying
someone.... ;)

jim August 14th 03 12:55 AM

wrote:
"No Code, No Ham" wrote:

(WA8ULX) wrote in
:

Do Hams get 11 Meters Back, as soon as all the CBers upgrade to there
Free Handout Ham Licenses?

There has been a free ham license ever since the codeless tech was
introduced a few years back. The 5 wpm code requirement has further
moved things in that direction. Idiots on the ham bands.

11 meters has come to the ham bands. I listen to the bands and it's
certainly not the way things were in the 1980's when I got licenced. I
might as well just listen to CB channel 19, it all sounds the same now.

-snippage-
Take that cross posted stink bait outta' here, chump.

hey mopar did ya get to see the new audioslave video on mtv showing
challengers and coronets? brings back memories of the old mans '70
coronet 440 with a 383....first car i broke a 100 in....