RadioBanter

-   -   Do Hams get 11 Meters Back (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24125-re-do-hams-get-11-meters-back.html)

[email protected] August 14th 03 01:00 AM

jim wrote:
wrote:
"No Code, No Ham" wrote:

(WA8ULX) wrote in
:

Do Hams get 11 Meters Back, as soon as all the CBers upgrade to there
Free Handout Ham Licenses?

There has been a free ham license ever since the codeless tech was
introduced a few years back. The 5 wpm code requirement has further
moved things in that direction. Idiots on the ham bands.

11 meters has come to the ham bands. I listen to the bands and it's
certainly not the way things were in the 1980's when I got licenced. I
might as well just listen to CB channel 19, it all sounds the same now.

-snippage-
Take that cross posted stink bait outta' here, chump.

hey mopar did ya get to see the new audioslave video on mtv showing
challengers and coronets? brings back memories of the old mans '70
coronet 440 with a 383....first car i broke a 100 in....

No I didn't Jim, I usually scan right past mtv. What is it a
music video from a band called audioslave?

--
GO# 40

Ryan, KC8PMX August 18th 03 06:27 AM

(sarcasm mode on)

But gee, dontcha know the arrl is blameless? Of course they only take
credit for good news/stuff.

(sarcasm mode off)

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

No Code.... No Ham!

OOTMAN November 16th 03 03:35 AM

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

charlesb November 16th 03 10:56 AM

"OOTMAN" wrote in message
W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Robert Casey November 16th 03 09:01 PM

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

But 10 meters is rarely crowded, getting 11 back, though nice, isn't
that critical.
More bandwidth on 20 or 40 I would prefer.

JJ November 16th 03 09:09 PM

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

The hams hardly used 11 meters when they had it, what makes you think
they would use it now if they got it back? Besides, the cbers have made
such a mess of it, it would take years to clean the filth out.

jim November 16th 03 09:43 PM

JJ wrote:
charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

The hams hardly used 11 meters when they had it, what makes you think
they would use it now if they got it back? Besides, the cbers have made
such a mess of it, it would take years to clean the filth out.

equating cb'ers and filth eh? in your limited world hams dont freeband?
guess you havn't heard the cw contests on 11 meters. so much for your
post...

JJ November 16th 03 11:30 PM

jim wrote:

JJ wrote:

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

The hams hardly used 11 meters when they had it, what makes you think
they would use it now if they got it back? Besides, the cbers have
made such a mess of it, it would take years to clean the filth out.

equating cb'ers and filth eh? in your limited world hams dont freeband?
guess you havn't heard the cw contests on 11 meters. so much for your
post...

In my world, *real* hams don't (notice I put the ' in don't) freeband
(there is no "freeband" in case you haven't noticed), just those cb
types who happen to hold a ham license. So much for your post...........