RadioBanter

-   -   Do Hams get 11 Meters Back (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24125-re-do-hams-get-11-meters-back.html)

jim November 17th 03 12:05 AM

JJ wrote:
jim wrote:

JJ wrote:

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

The hams hardly used 11 meters when they had it, what makes you think
they would use it now if they got it back? Besides, the cbers have
made such a mess of it, it would take years to clean the filth out.

equating cb'ers and filth eh? in your limited world hams dont freeband?
guess you havn't heard the cw contests on 11 meters. so much for your
post...

In my world, *real* hams don't (notice I put the ' in don't) freeband
(there is no "freeband" in case you haven't noticed), just those cb
types who happen to hold a ham license. So much for your post...........

lol you are a bigot....

Richard Cranium November 17th 03 01:35 AM

JJ wrote in message ...
jim wrote:

JJ wrote:

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

The hams hardly used 11 meters when they had it, what makes you think
they would use it now if they got it back? Besides, the cbers have
made such a mess of it, it would take years to clean the filth out.

equating cb'ers and filth eh? in your limited world hams dont freeband?
guess you havn't heard the cw contests on 11 meters. so much for your
post...

In my world, *real* hams don't (notice I put the ' in don't) freeband
(there is no "freeband" in case you haven't noticed), just those cb
types who happen to hold a ham license. So much for your post...........

"Your" world does not equal the "real" world, JJ, in case you haven't noticed.
So much for your TROLL.

Still can't find 10 meters? I know where it is, if you need help!

gw November 17th 03 04:50 AM

JJ wrote in message ...
jim wrote:

JJ wrote:

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

The hams hardly used 11 meters when they had it, what makes you think
they would use it now if they got it back? Besides, the cbers have
made such a mess of it, it would take years to clean the filth out.

equating cb'ers and filth eh? in your limited world hams dont freeband?
guess you havn't heard the cw contests on 11 meters. so much for your
post...

In my world, *real* hams don't (notice I put the ' in don't) freeband
(there is no "freeband" in case you haven't noticed), just those cb
types who happen to hold a ham license. So much for your post...........

well if the hams took back 11 meters....what would they do about all
the skip talkers on channel 6???? those old black men would not like
you hammies trying to run them off and they would jump up and down and
stomp a radiowave mudhole in the back of your necks and walk it
dry.........no doubt about it......

JJ November 17th 03 06:01 PM

gw wrote:
JJ wrote in message ...

jim wrote:

JJ wrote:

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

[...]

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I will type slowly so
you maybe can understand. T H E H A M S D O N O T W A N T
E L E V E N M E T E R S B A C K. To use your silly cb lingo, "no
doubt about it".

charlesb November 17th 03 06:14 PM

"JJ" wrote in message

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I will type slowly so
you maybe can understand. T H E H A M S D O N O T W A N T
E L E V E N M E T E R S B A C K. To use your silly cb lingo, "no
doubt about it".

Speak for yourself, OM!

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Radioman November 17th 03 07:13 PM

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I will type slowly so
you maybe can understand. T H E H A M S D O N O T W A N T
E L E V E N M E T E R S B A C K. To use your silly cb lingo, "no
doubt about it".

Speak for yourself, OM!

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Do you want it back? You can still use CB if you have an amateur ticket.
You're just not supposed to use your ham radio on it or cuss like a sailor.

Steveo November 17th 03 07:18 PM

JJ wrote:
You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I will type slowly so
you maybe can understand. T H E H A M S D O N O T W A N T
E L E V E N M E T E R S B A C K. To use your silly cb lingo, "no
doubt about it".

This is true. They don't even use 10 meters much.

AntiKeyclown November 17th 03 07:45 PM

(Richard Cranium) wrote in message . com...
JJ wrote in message ...
jim wrote:

JJ wrote:

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

[...]

I bet you do know, cranus the anus. "Freeband" operators are slime,
and so are you...who cares if they have a ham license or not...they
are all slime. You keykweenz use that bit about hams going there too
to try to negate your own guilt, that's all.

Dee D. Flint November 18th 03 03:35 AM

"Steveo" wrote in message
JJ wrote:
You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I will type slowly so
you maybe can understand. T H E H A M S D O N O T W A N T
E L E V E N M E T E R S B A C K. To use your silly cb lingo, "no
doubt about it".

This is true. They don't even use 10 meters much.

10 meters is quite dependent on the status of the sunspot cycle. When the
solar flux is good, the band is indeed heavily used but when the flux is
down, it won't support long distance communications.

Jerry Oxendine November 19th 03 12:55 AM

"Steveo" wrote in message
JJ wrote:
You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I will type slowly so
you maybe can understand. T H E H A M S D O N O T W A N T
E L E V E N M E T E R S B A C K. To use your silly cb lingo, "no
doubt about it".

This is true. They don't even use 10 meters much.

BOY! How much you THINK you know! It gets used
a LOT! And some of it is in a "language" you are unlikely to
understand----you know, them pesky "dots and dashes" in addition to SSB, AM
and FM.