RadioBanter

-   -   Do Hams get 11 Meters Back (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24125-re-do-hams-get-11-meters-back.html)

Robert Casey November 23rd 03 12:09 AM

You speak Spanish? ;)

No, but that could explain my inability to copy any of the comms.
Foreign languages all sound like random noise to me.

JJ November 24th 03 04:27 AM

Dickiebird Craniumless slobbered over his keyboard and blathered:

*may*?? You better be damned certain when you file a report!
Entrapment is also a crime, goodbuddy.

You need to get out there and see if you can "entrap" a brain, goodbuddy.

JJ November 24th 03 04:31 AM

Jerry Oxendine wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
gy.com...

"Richard Cranium" wrote in message
.com...

"Jerry Oxendine" wrote in message

t...

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
arthlink.net...

One day 3 weeks ago, I listened from 28.000 - 28.150, and
I counted over a dozen of 'em. Truckers in particular have been
"using" our ten - meter band illegally, and Riley Hollingsworth
has been doing something about it. Make no mistake, this is
happening.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

And YOU can help! Get out there and listen on the road.
Get the tag # of the tractor (not of the trailer), date, time,
highway, milepost or exit number. Send this info to

.

Make a difference: this is how those
other truckers got warned--individual hams who quietly
listened and accurately reported the above data. RH will
then respond IF, again, the info is accurate. Each ham
can make a difference and stop that "tan-fer thar, drivah,
ah know you rah't, fer-tan thar SQUEAK!!" If we don't, we will

eventually

hear them beeping and squeaking their
way along on 17 Meters.

The way to "trap" a driver is to quietly cruise along. Do NOT talk

them

or get into an argument! Simply overtake a trucker who *may* be

operating

on 28.085 AM. As you pass, or he passes you, he may be curious
about "them 'funny antenners' thar" and comment to you
about it (or other truckers). It is then you copy down the
tag # on the FRONT of the tractor, the DOT # (this confirms the

identity

of

the truck), the direction of travel and milepost (or exit), date and

time.

Also the company name. Send it in! Done correctly, the "man" will send

out

a warning notice to the company holding THEM responsible for their

drivers'

actions. It is legal and enforc-able.

73

Jerry

Great idea, Jerry! Pile Riley's desk full with all sorts of false
reports so he won't believe any of you!

*may*?? You better be damned certain when you file a report!
Entrapment is also a crime, goodbuddy.

If you are just observing (and reporting what you hear and see) and not
talking, that is not entrapment.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

EXACTLY!! You are simply a "witness" or a "bystander". You have not done
anything to entrap
anybody. Ain't it neat? LOL!~

Jerry

It is really difficult to explain simple logic to someone (dickhead
crainumless) who can't even find the 10 meter band.

Doug Davis December 6th 03 10:15 AM

Yes, he always has a poopy smell about him :)

Ellen

"jim" wrote in message

JJ wrote:
charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

The hams hardly used 11 meters when they had it, what makes you think
they would use it now if they got it back? Besides, the cbers have made
such a mess of it, it would take years to clean the filth out.

equating cb'ers and filth eh? in your limited world hams dont freeband?
guess you havn't heard the cw contests on 11 meters. so much for your
post...

Doug Davis December 6th 03 10:19 AM

I don't think you can speak for all hams, Mr. Poopy Butt :)

Peace on Earth to you,

Ellen

"JJ" wrote in message
gw wrote:
JJ wrote in message

jim wrote:

JJ wrote:

charlesb wrote:

"OOTMAN" wrote in message

W hy in hell would they want it back??????????

Better utilization of HF spectrum, and more spectrum for hams. All

the
non-ham stuff should be VHF or UHF, for the obvious reason.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

The hams hardly used 11 meters when they had it, what makes you think
they would use it now if they got it back? Besides, the cbers have
made such a mess of it, it would take years to clean the filth out.

equating cb'ers and filth eh? in your limited world hams dont freeband?
guess you havn't heard the cw contests on 11 meters. so much for your
post...

In my world, *real* hams don't (notice I put the ' in don't) freeband
(there is no "freeband" in case you haven't noticed), just those cb
types who happen to hold a ham license. So much for your post...........

well if the hams took back 11 meters....what would they do about all
the skip talkers on channel 6???? those old black men would not like
you hammies trying to run them off and they would jump up and down and
stomp a radiowave mudhole in the back of your necks and walk it
dry.........no doubt about it......

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I will type slowly so
you maybe can understand. T H E H A M S D O N O T W A N T
E L E V E N M E T E R S B A C K. To use your silly cb lingo, "no
doubt about it".

Doug Davis December 6th 03 10:20 AM

All sailors don't cuss, Mr. Poopy Butt :)

Peace on Earth to you,

Ellen

"Radioman" wrote in message
You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. I will type slowly

so
you maybe can understand. T H E H A M S D O N O T W A N T
E L E V E N M E T E R S B A C K. To use your silly cb lingo, "no
doubt about it".

Speak for yourself, OM!

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Do you want it back? You can still use CB if you have an amateur ticket.
You're just not supposed to use your ham radio on it or cuss like a

sailor.

Doug Davis December 6th 03 10:27 AM

Hams are getting old and dying off; soon all the bands will belong to CBers.

Ellen

"High SWR" wrote in message
No, the CB'ers get the Ham bands. Thanks ARRL for your work in dumbing
things down.

CQ Breaker, CQ Breaker, any 20 meter good-buddies got yer ears on, come on
back. Ten-Four, Ten-Four, good buddy, Got ya twenty pounds. No Doubt yer
gettin out, come on back...

High SWR

Doug Davis December 6th 03 10:37 AM

What frequency do they use them on?

Ellen

"Steveo" wrote in message
Barry OGrady wrote:
I can't imagine any ham wanting to go back to meters after getting used
to LCD displays. I have a 1 meter 2 metre radio, but it's pretty old.

Some of the Elmers still use sun dials.

Susie Q December 6th 03 02:24 PM

hey doug, ellen or whoever you are...
there are a few hams in my area who just got there ham ticket. There are two
that are 13 and one that is14 years old.
Seems you have a long wait.