Old October 10th 03, 03:21 PM
Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article ,
says...

Try
http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_Frequency_Standard.htm
Far more stable than cutting your own crystal, can't imagine why you think making one yourself would
be more stable than a good surplus xtal and oven.

...And it's disciplined to GPS as well. Can't get much more stable
than that. 'Bout the same as a cesium standard, if I recall correctly.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)
Old October 10th 03, 03:45 PM
Reg Edwards

It's easier to make the shack and buy a crystal

Old October 10th 03, 03:45 PM
Reg Edwards

It's easier to make the shack and buy a crystal

Old October 10th 03, 04:41 PM
F1LBY

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in message
I wish to make a master oscillator for the shack, and am considering
cutting my own crystals in order to reduce ageing. Is there a source
of raw material?

Also, for temperature compensation, I am considering the use of bi-metals.
(I've never seen one, but what is the mechanism used in Oxley's
Tempatrimmer?)

So much for Radio Amateurs 'knowing' their hobby. The Cb'er makes himself
known when he blurts out a foolish question on this NG.

Old October 10th 03, 07:13 PM
Harry Bloomfield

In article ,
says...
|Try
http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_Frequency_Standard.htm
|Far more stable than cutting your own crystal, can't imagine why you think making one yourself would
|be more stable than a good surplus xtal and oven.

A real radio amateur would build and set up their own network of GPS
satellites ;-)

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)
Old October 10th 03, 07:13 PM
Harry Bloomfield

In article ,
says...

Old October 10th 03, 10:21 PM
Airy R. Bean

Oops! Posted it to the wrong group!

Old October 10th 03, 10:21 PM
Airy R. Bean

Old October 10th 03, 10:34 PM
Reg Edwards

am considering
cutting my own crystals in order to reduce ageing.

Ahhhh, you've unearthed the philosopher's stone.
Any left-over scraps to spare for me?
I'm in great need and will collect.
Are you in the Call Book?