RadioBanter

-   -   Cutting your own (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24666-cutting-your-own.html)

Brian Reay October 11th 03 10:02 PM

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in message
WRONG! It was intended as a joke,

Yes Gareth. Of course Gareth.

Avid D Waltson October 11th 03 10:15 PM

My my - five similar replies from Gareth all aimed at Brian Reay;

I think you could say Gareth's thrown his toys out of his cot big style
with over one!!!!

What's the matter Gareth - are the other big boys picking on you again?

Ahhh - diddums!

Bwahahahahahahaahahaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADW.

Brian Reay October 11th 03 10:42 PM

"Airy R. Bean" wrote in message

WRONG! Your comments relating to loss of accuracy are
WRONG in your assumption because I am considerng the
use of a gravity escapement.

The underlying problem is the same. Whatever the oscillating element
(balance wheel, pendulum etc) there is a problem with maintaining the
oscillation (by an impetus from the spring or weights via the drive chain)
and using energy from the oscillating element to release the escapement.

The former can be affected by spring tension (hence the use of the fusee in
older watches, automatic winding in newer ones, and even the relative
success of the cylinder escapement) and the search over many years to
maximise the free swing portion of the oscillation (ie minimising the energy
taken from the oscillating element to release the escapement.

Brian Reay October 11th 03 11:34 PM

"Avid D Waltson" wrote in message
My my - five similar replies from Gareth all aimed at Brian Reay;

I think you could say Gareth's thrown his toys out of his cot big style
with over one!!!!

Yes, it rather looks like he is too upset to attack M3s etc.

No doubt he is off 'reseaching' his next "joke".

What will it be?

"Nuclear Emissions"

"dB"

"DSP"

"Nerves the art of not repairing a TS830"

"Slope Detection"

..... the list is ever growing

Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI October 12th 03 12:15 AM

"Airy R. Bean" scrawled drunkenly in message

idiot rantings snipped

Tempatrimmer? All part of the joke, but I doubt that your apparent
emotional imbalance demonstrated by your sneering tirade gives
you any scope to recognise humour.

We recognise humour OK, the problem is we've also been taught not to mock
the afflicted.
When do you have to report back to the nut house? Not too long I hope.
(_!_)

Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI October 12th 03 01:25 AM

"Airy R. Bean" escaped from his straitjacket and wrote in
message ...

You may find that the concept of master oscillators in clocks
to be "a leap beyond" the credible, but that's an OU degree (6
'O' Levels at best) and an M3/CB licence for you.

Your calculations put Brian at least 12 'O' Levels ahead of you. Is that why
you're so jealous of him that you have to use sock puppet anagrams of his
name? Do yourself a favour, get some psychiatric help if it's not too late.
(_!_)