Old April 27th 04, 08:30 AM
Bunnydawg

Anyone know if that is similiar to a 900 number here you will be billed
for the call ?
Robert
"jack smith" wrote in message
om...
heres a continuation of the emailings with samson,

samson replied...................Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:28:01 +0000

Dear Jack,
Happy for this numbers anyway, but to avoid calling in absence coupled
with
the problem of time differents, kindly call me with this number
+221-539-3221 any time of the day or night,just ask for samson konate
mani.
Please we are in senegal right now,not sierraleone my country.
Regards,
SAMSON.

Old April 28th 04, 09:03 PM
Dave Bushong

Bunnydawg wrote:
Anyone know if that is similiar to a 900 number here you will be billed
for the call ?

Senegal is at country code 221, and even on my Vonage account, it's
$0.20 per minute (by comparison, the UK is $0.02, Germany is $0.03).
There is no "900" type charge, though.

If anyone wants to yank his chain, I might be able to be convinced to
set up the call.

Dave
KZ1O
Old May 1st 04, 01:37 PM
jack smith

i replied to samson Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:21:27 -0700 (PDT)

hi samson. unfortunately i will not be able to help you and your
family,
i am unable to call internatinal numbers from the local payphone,

i hope someone is able to help you, you seem like a very good man,
especially to your own family.

god bless,
jack

samson replied......Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:43:15 +0000

Dear Jack,
thanks for saying your mind. But let me get it very clear.
You are not going to be able to help me and my family , because you
can
not
make international calls? or you jus can not help.
Waiting for clearification.
Regards,
SAMSON.

jack replied.....Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:38:28 -0700 (PDT)

hi samson,

i would like to help, but i can not call out to international numbers
on this payphone, it is my only way to communicate with you if you
wish to use the phone. i am willing to work with you by waiting by
the phone, but that is what i can do to talk to you on the phone.

i want to help you and your mom, but the phone presents a difficult
hurdle,

as with hurdles they can be overcome, but it takes determination.

take care,
jack

samson wrote Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:02:52 +0000
Dear Jack,
If this is the case, kindly email me your photo , i will try sending
my
family photos too
Since you wouldn't come top Africa, the stones shall be transfered to
your
end pending my arrival.
I will meet a legal practioner regarding the papper works.
God bless.
SAMSON.

i replied.... Sat, 1 May 2004 05:04:16 -0700 (PDT)

ok samson, i can do that, here is a picture of me (i sent a picture of
someone else) in january 2003 and another one in august 2003,
i look forward to seeing your family photos, thanks for working with
me samson,

jack

samson replied, Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:22:00 +0000

Dear Jack,
I am attaching my family photos as a way of building a strong bond
between
us.
1) My parents.
2) My sister DORA.
3) My photo.

You can also see our family house before everything was distroyed.
I am epecting seeing your photos too.
Regards,
SAMSON.

jacks comments...about the family pics that were sent
samsons parrents, look like parrents, his "SISTER" DORA looks pretty
good (probabally his girlfriend) and finally a pic of samson, looks
like a african guy dressed up in african clothing. more info to come

if anyone wants these pics, send me an email, i will try to forward
them, i do have a DSL connection so its no big deal.
--------------------------------------
Old May 4th 04, 07:08 AM
jack smith

OK NOW WE ARE GETTING INTO HOW TO TAKE MONEY FROM A US PERSON READ
BELOW also, can amyone tell me if the western union money
information he provided is accurate? or how do you tell? or could it
be for anyone he knows and it just has his name on it?

samson replied....Sat, 01 May 2004 21:47:34 +0000
Dear Jack,
Thanks for your pictures, it's a surprise you are still asking for my
family
photos because i sent some yesterday to you.
Attached is my parents.
My sister Dora.
And myself.

You can see our family house before the war broke out.
On monday i will seek for a legal practioner to draft us an agreement
document protrecting both parties interests, the draft will be send to
you
for your sturdy and signing after which i will retrieve the stones
from
the
storage house for shipment to your given contact address pending my
arrival
to meet with you.

If you have a lawyer friend ,it will cost us nothing to draft the
contarct
pappers, or you can get a lawyer over there because it will cost up to
$150
dollar to draft it here.
Have a nice weekend.
SAMSON.
jack replied......Sat, 1 May 2004 23:28:43 -0700 (PDT)
hi samson,

i found your photos later in the bulk mail folder, got them ok, it is
good to finally see you and your family, a friend of a friend is a
lawyer, and he will draw up whtever documents you need, he will need
whatever terms and conditions you know are needed to put them in the
agreement, the lawyers name is phillip catanya, he is civil trial
lawyer. there is no charge for me.

jack
samson replied......Sun, 02 May 2004 12:05:04 +0000
Dear Jack.
The most important thing is that i will be transfering our family
remaining
cuts diamonds weighing 3.89kg (42.550)carats to your given contact
address
pending my arrival to meet with you in your country for the sales and
investing the money realised from the sales.

1. You are not aloyed to conduct the sales without my present or
authorisation.
You are collecting as comission 12% of the sum total realised from the
sales.

There may be some other informtion to be included but allow me to
discuss
with my mother .
I will email you back later today.
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND.
SAMSON.

samson replied AGAIN.........Mon, 03 May 2004 09:59:41 +0000

Dear Jack,
You must have been expecting my reply, it was delayed due to the fact
that
my mother wanted to get an advise from one of the christain mothers
who
have
been surporting us finacialy regarding feeding.

We would like the contract pappers to be drafted here in dakar. My
mother's
friend know a very good lawyer who can always advise us.

Please send us one hundred US dollars. The money is the lawyer's
consultation fee.
If you can send the money today, then the draft will be ready tomorrow
morning. I will emil you a copy for your sturdy and opinion before
apending
signature.
Wire the money through western union money transfer.

To SAMSON KONATE MANI.
RUE 20 ANGLE 22 MEDINA REFUGEE QUATERS.
I.D CARD NUMBER S-L / 05/ 11/03 BB.
TEL +221-539-3221.
DAKAR-SENEGAL.
Please email me the money sending information.
Regards,
SAMSON.
jack replied......Mon, 3 May 2004 22:53:45 -0700 (PDT)

hi samson, i thought you gave me the option to have a lawyer here draw
up the forms?
i have contacted phillip and he said he would be willing to do it.....
why do you change your mind? please justify this....

(WE WILL SEE WHAT SAMSON COMES UP WITH, I DONT THINK HE EXPECTED ME TO
COME BACK SAYING I KNEW A LAWYER)

jack
Old May 7th 04, 12:51 AM
jack smith

samsons reply to me chalengeing his changing of his mind.....
Tue, 04 May 2004 09:44:58 +0000

Dear Jack
After discussing with my mother , she was advised by one of the
christain
mothers who have
been surporting us finacialy regarding feeding.

We would like the contract pappers to be drafted here in dakar. My
mother's
friend know a very good lawyer who can always advise us.

Please send us one hundred US dollars. The money is the lawyer's
consultation fee.
If you can send the money today, then the draft will be ready tomorrow
morning. I will emil you a copy for your sturdy and opinion before
apending
signature.
Wire the money through western union money transfer.

jacks reply to him......
hi samson,

you are not answering my question,

again, why did you say i could get a lawyer over here to do it, and
then retract the statement later after giving me addl instructions for
the lawyer?

i dont like this thinking you have, from the sounds of it, you already
knew of the lawyer in your country, but gave me the option to use one
here....

that is going back on your word, not good for a business
transaction.......

please reply to me why you said what you said and then changed it, and
not some skate around the reason comment either. i wish to have a
direct reason.

samsons reply.....Wed, 05 May 2004 22:15:54 +0000

Dear Jack,
we are gething no where by runing about the bush.
I requested that you provide a lawyer if you can.
You said you can and on discussing what the terms should like like
with
my
mother, she decided to have a chat with a confidencial christain
mother
who
always assists us. THe woman advised that we should use a local lawye
here
who we can locate, after we are here and likewise the stones.No need
using a
lawyer from the states since it can be done localy.

THe draft will be sent for your sturdy before signatures.
The earlier you send the consultation fee, the better for us as we
have
no
time to lose.
GOD BLESS.
SAMSON.

my reply to samson...Thu, 6 May 2004 16:49:04 -0700 (PDT)

hi samson,
i donot trust your word now, you told me i could do one thing, then
backed out.

sorry samson, i am a business man, and you dont go back on your word,
it is bad business practice.
i was potentially going to send you certain thousands of dollars as
an investment, but i can not trust your word now.
i dont think i can continue helping you now....

you should not have offered what you did only to change your mind
after i communicated with you that i knew a lawyer....
you said
"If you have a lawyer friend ,it will cost us nothing to draft the
contarct
pappers, or you can get a lawyer over there because it will cost up to
$150
dollar to draft it here."

jack

i am debating emailing him back with more BS, but it looks like this
is about the end of the line, i will post any further communication
between us....
jack