Old October 6th 05, 11:28 PM
Not Lloyd

wrote in message
oups.com...

cantakerous wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Wrong, stupid, if you used "couldn't care less" it would be a double
negative, sort of like your I.Q.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Wrong, Roger. "couldn't care less" is NOT a double negative.

Wrong Lardass, if you'd have actually completed high school instead of
getting that G.E.D. several years later you'd know it was correct.
Now, tell us why your mommy wanted to smother you after she **** you
out and the OB-GYN stopped her...
..

This is a vain attempt to correct a commonly mis-spoken phrase.

Alrighty, for those of you out there who like to use the phrase I could care
less, it's supposed to be I couldn't care less. "I could care less" means
that you actually do care, and the phrase itself holds very little meaning
because you can care less about anything you do already care about. It's
very ambiguous, and doesn't convey how much or how little you care about
something. Still following me? "I couldn't care less" means that you care so
little about something, it's impossible to care even less about it. 99% of
the time, "I couldn't care less" is the phrase that's supposed to be used.
Get me? Good

"It's "complaintant," you sniveling weasel." (Roger Wiseman on spelling
complainant.)

Old October 6th 05, 11:32 PM

Not Lloyd wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

cantakerous wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Wrong, stupid, if you used "couldn't care less" it would be a double
negative, sort of like your I.Q.
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Wrong, Roger. "couldn't care less" is NOT a double negative.

Wrong Lardass, if you'd have actually completed high school instead of
getting that G.E.D. several years later you'd know it was correct.
Now, tell us why your mommy wanted to smother you after she **** you
out and the OB-GYN stopped her...
.

This is a vain attempt bull**** flushed, get a Manual of Style, stupid

Of, course it is, you're incapable of little else.

--
Saggytits Lee aka Lloydie Davies steps on his own tiny dick when he
tried to correct somebody else's English use first by saying one

"Translation: Woger can't figure out how to operate a dictionary, let
alone
correct someone else's language.But that's not surprising from someone
who things that..."

Saggytits Lee manages to fumble again when he tried to backpedal on his
improper use of words by once again mangling the sentence in reply
:
"The word "operate" can be a synonym "use" in certain contexts"

Old October 6th 05, 11:46 PM

Actually it's:

The American Heritage=AE Book of English Usage.
A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English. 1996.

3=2E Word Choice: New Uses, Common Confusion, and Constraints

=A7 78. could care less / couldn't care less

I could care less! you might say sometime in disgust. You might just as
easily have said I couldn't care less and meant the same thing! How
can this be? When taken literally, the phrase I could care less means
"I care more than I might," rather than "I don't care at
all." But the beauty of sarcasm is that it can turn meanings on their
head, thus allowing could care less to work as an equivalent for
couldn't care less. Because of its sarcasm, could care less is more
informal than its negative counterpart and may be open to
misinterpretation when used in writing. 1
The phrases cannot but and can but present a similar case of a
positive and a negative meaning the same thing. For more on this, see
cannot under Grammar.

Source: http://www.bartleby.com/64/C003/078.html

Again, out of many times, sarcasm swoops over the malformed bald head
of Lloyd Davies. Taken literally, if one could care less, then one must
care at least a little, which is obviously the opposite of what is
meant. It is so clearly logical nonsense that to condemn it for being
so (as some commentators have done) misses the point. The intent is
obviously sarcastic-the speaker is really saying, "As if there was
something in the world that I care less about".

Old October 7th 05, 05:54 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Not Lloyd wrote:

This is a vain attempt to correct a commonly mis-spoken phrase.

Alrighty, for those of you out there who like to use the phrase I could care
less, it's supposed to be I couldn't care less. "I could care less" means
that you actually do care, and the phrase itself holds very little meaning
because you can care less about anything you do already care about. It's
very ambiguous, and doesn't convey how much or how little you care about
something. Still following me? "I couldn't care less" means that you care so
little about something, it's impossible to care even less about it. 99% of
the time, "I couldn't care less" is the phrase that's supposed to be used.
Get me? Good

Much too complicated for wogie to grasp. Must be those porta-pottie
fumes getting to him.

Old October 7th 05, 02:43 PM

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
Not Lloyd wrote:

This is a vain attempt flush

Much too complicated everything is too complicated for Buzzy

Of course it is, just like that private pilot's test you couldn't pass.
There is no body of information that could possibly undo the severe
educational deprivation you underwent in your childhood. Go back to
school. You don't even know the most basic knowledge that most
Americans of the educated classes take for granted.
You can't make up **** to substitute for facts or reality or the truth.
You're a ****ing joke.

Old October 7th 05, 08:03 PM
anon

"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message
m...

LOL at the Glendale, WV retard.

Pls dont LOL at the Roger. He has a correspondence Masters
Degree from DeVry and is currently doing his doctoral dissertation
on RMS voltage & negative SWR. DeVry says they dont award
graduate degrees earned via correspondence, but Roger insists they
do. You be the judge.

Pecuniary Interest???? N9OGL General 63 September 9th 05 12:14 AM
Pecuniary Interest???? N9OGL Policy 67 September 9th 05 12:14 AM
K1MAN The crap has hit the fan. Dan/W4NTI Policy 11 June 21st 05 05:28 AM
Here's Your Answer, Todd.... K4YZ Policy 104 May 9th 05 09:43 AM
Pecuniary Interest FTIV Policy 7 January 19th 05 12:33 AM