Old June 6th 18, 09:50 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default T100 soldering irn

Just learnt about this amazing beastie.

Microprocessor controlled, keeps pumping heat into
the tip if faced with a large area, eg, FGC tabs.

Temperature controlled, and according to youtube,
knocks the Weller product into a cocked hat!

Old June 6th 18, 05:25 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

It's amazing. I have had my TS 100 for a week now. Needs to be fed
with 24v (and no more) for best results.

If buying on eBay, AVOID the seller "keepsmywords2" or similar who
ships from Ireland. After dealing with that seller, used another
shipping from Germany for only a little bit more.

Microprocessor controlled, keeps pumping heat into
the tip if faced with a large area, eg, FGC tabs.

It actually does not behave any differently to other irons in this
respect. However, if you install third party firmware, you can press a
button and get a temporary (configurable) increase in temp. Finger off
the button and the iron cools to the regular temp.

The great thing about it is that it is very light and does not take up
a lot of room. With the third part firmware, one can program in a
standby temp and a time when the iron will switch off. Not wasting
power should make the greenies happy.

Happy to answer questions if anybody wants any further info.
--
73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Old June 6th 18, 10:15 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 06/06/18 17:25, Guy G4DWV 4X1LT wrote:
[...]

Get your self one you can heat up on a gas stove burner
Old June 7th 18, 12:32 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018 22:15:19 +0100, just as I was about to take a herb,
manuel czech disturbed my reverie and
wrote:

Get your self one you can heat up on a gas stove burner

I have one of those. It is great for extracting information from spies
or terrorists, especially if they can see you getting it ready for
action.
--
73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Old June 7th 18, 10:12 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

wrote:

Get your self one you can heat up on a gas stove burner

I have one of those. It is great for extracting information from spies
or terrorists, especially if they can see you getting it ready for
action.

And it is said that Israelis against the Palestinians have taken
over from the Nazis against the Israelis?

We Brits, having had the mandate in the middle east post WWI, are
respnsible for much of the fighting in that part of the World,
so best that we are no longer involved.

The state of the roads means that Brit is now a poky little 3rd
world country and not an international player as some would have it.

Old June 7th 18, 01:11 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 10:12:34 +0100, just as I was about to take a herb,
Gareth's Downstairs Computer
disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

And it is said that Israelis against the Palestinians have taken
over from the Nazis against the Israelis?

The Nazis were in a class of their own.
--
73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
Old June 7th 18, 01:33 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

and wrote:

And it is said that Israelis against the Palestinians have taken
over from the Nazis against the Israelis?

The Nazis were in a class of their own.

It puzzles me why there should be such a furore whenever Nazi
fancy dress is worn, for the Nazis were no worse than the Romans
in their turn.

Also the Norman invaders with their pogrom against the Jews, torturing
people for the wrong religion and harrying the North were equally
unpleasant and yet those who sincerely want to be conned worship the
very ground upon which the descendant spawn of the Norman Invaders walk.

Something special about a recent wedding? What piffle!

Also as it has been the habit to prosecute the heads of states after
atrocities, how come Lilibet Windsor is not rotting in a prison cell
in The Hague?

Old June 8th 18, 12:07 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 13:33:13 +0100, just as I was about to take a herb,
and wrote:

It puzzles me why there should be such a furore whenever Nazi
fancy dress is worn, for the Nazis were no worse than the Romans
in their turn.

It has also puzzled me no end too. Just because somebody dresses up as
one does not mean they are one.
--
73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

Soldering a PL-259 Steve CB 6 January 24th 09 02:20 PM
Soldering and Antennas Irv Finkleman Antenna 11 March 16th 07 05:57 AM
Soldering Suprise KØHB Homebrew 1 August 18th 04 12:18 AM
soldering with a lighter dave d Homebrew 8 April 27th 04 10:21 AM