Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 12th 05, 01:15 AM
Roy Lewallen

Joel Kolstad wrote:
. . .
How many of those 2.5 million hams possess a copy of EZNEC, I wonder? :-)

A miniscule fraction.

I get many requests to contribute EZNEC for a door prize and gladly did
so, quite a few times. Not a single one of the stamped, self-addressed
post cards enclosed with the programs was ever returned, which I've
interpreted to mean that the recipients most likely never used the
program. I belive that the vast majority of amateurs not only don't have
EZNEC, but wouldn't have any use for it if given one. I no longer
contribute EZNEC, since there's no point in giving as a prize something
there's high probability that the recipient doesn't want. On the
positive side, there are enough EZNEC users to have allowed me to stay
out of the cube farm for ten years now. And they're a great bunch of folks.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL