Old March 1st 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default Push up mast

Anyone know where to find the 50' Rohn style telescopic mast? I know the
shipping is a killer on it, but what they sell at Lowes doesn't hold a
candle.

Thanks for any advice.

Old March 1st 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Feb 28, 6:11 pm, Steveo wrote:
Anyone know where to find the 50' Rohn style telescopic mast? I know the
shipping is a killer on it, but what they sell at Lowes doesn't hold a
candle.

I'm not familiar with a Rohn model, but I have a Wilson (now US Tower)
pushup 55-footer at my secondary station. Here's a link to their spec
--- http://www.ustower.com/ma-550.html

Not too impressive windload specs, but it's OK for a small beam like a
TA33-jr or similar. I use it to hang a 160M inverted-L. Not sure
I'd want it for my primary tower.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old March 1st 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:11 pm, Steveo wrote:
Anyone know where to find the 50' Rohn style telescopic mast? I know
the shipping is a killer on it, but what they sell at Lowes doesn't
hold a candle.

I'm not familiar with a Rohn model, but I have a Wilson (now US Tower)
pushup 55-footer at my secondary station. Here's a link to their spec
---
http://www.ustower.com/ma-550.html

Not too impressive windload specs, but it's OK for a small beam like a
TA33-jr or similar. I use it to hang a 160M inverted-L. Not sure
I'd want it for my primary tower.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hello Hans

Thanks for the quick reply, but that's over-kill to what I'm looking for.

Old March 1st 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Mar 1, 12:19�am, Steveo wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 28, 6:11 pm, Steveo wrote:
Anyone know where to find the 50' Rohn style telescopic mast? I know
the shipping is a killer on it, but what they sell at Lowes doesn't
hold a candle.

I'm not familiar with a Rohn model, but I have a Wilson (now US Tower)
pushup 55-footer at my secondary station. *Here's a link to their spec
---http://www.ustower.com/ma-550.html

Not too impressive windload specs, but it's OK for a small beam like a
TA33-jr or similar. *I use it to hang a 160M inverted-L. * Not sure
I'd want it for my primary tower.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Hello Hans

Thanks for the quick reply, but that's over-kill to what I'm looking for

"Fair Radio" in Lima, Ohio, often has some great push-up masts.
"www.fairradio.com" for further...

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old March 2nd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Feb 28, 8:11?pm, Steveo wrote:
Anyone know where to find the 50' Rohn style telescopic mast?

Here's one source:

http://www.tessco.com/products/displ...h=false&page=2

aka

http://tinyurl.com/36z373

(usual disclaimers apply - I have not done any business
with Tessco, I just found them googling "Rohn telescoping mast". There
are other dealers who may be closer to you.)

Please note that these Rohn masts require guying and are
really only meant for very small beams or wire antennas.
Also, a "50 foot" mast isn't really fifty feet high. Like ladders,
the length given is the sum of all the sections, but the actual
installed height is less because of overlap.

Be sure to consider the total cost of mast, guys, anchors,
base, hardware, etc.

There are also the military surplus sectional (not telescoping)
masts mentioned by K4YZ. All of the ones I've used (FD) require
guying, too. Search eBay on "antenna mast" and
they will come up.

What do you intend to put on the mast?

73 es GL de Jim, N2EY

Old March 2nd 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

wrote:
On Feb 28, 8:11?pm, Steveo wrote:
Anyone know where to find the 50' Rohn style telescopic mast?

Here's one source:

http://www.tessco.com/products/displ...41&subgroupId=
70&search=false&page=2

[...]

Hello Jim and thanks for the reply.

Yes that's what I'm looking for. It's for a lightweight scanner antenna.

Old March 4th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 19:18:56 -0500, N2EY wrote:

On Feb 28, 8:11?pm, Steveo wrote:
Anyone know where to find the 50' Rohn style telescopic mast?

Here's one source:

http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProducts.do?

groupId=341&subgroupId=70&search=false&page=2

aka

http://tinyurl.com/36z373

(usual disclaimers apply - I have not done any business with Tessco, I
just found them googling "Rohn telescoping mast". There are other
dealers who may be closer to you.)

As far as I know, Tessco is a distributor, and they don't sell direct to
the public. Perhaps it can be order through Graybar or a similar
electrical supplier may be able to order from them.

73, de Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist fears this is true."

Old March 4th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Mar 4, 12:53�pm, Nate Bargmann
wrote:

As far as I know, Tessco is a distributor, and they don't sell direct to
the public. *

Probably worth an inquiry to find out.

Here are some other options. All appear to sell to individuals. I
have not dealt with
any of them, though:

Kollman Radio (Kansas)

http://kollmanradio.com/product_info...oducts_id=2730

Henshaws (also Kansas)

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/c...showprevnext=1

Burghardt (South Dakota)

http://www.burghardt-amateur.com/Bur...ext_frame.html

R&L Electronics (Ohio)

http://www.randl.com/cgi-local/cart/...er=(7990)&nh=6

Radio Shack used to list a telescoping pole that
was allegedly made for them by Rohn. May be
available on special order.

Due to the cost of shipping, it may be less
expensive to order everything from one supplier,
even if that supplier's prices aren't the lowest.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Push up mast? Alan WA4SCA Equipment 10 March 14th 06 05:20 PM
How much weight can a push up mast carry Rob Brown Antenna 8 June 12th 05 01:39 AM
push-pull in output.. Henry Kolesnik Homebrew 18 April 20th 05 03:33 AM
antenna mast (push-up poll) Dr.X CB 5 September 9th 04 05:18 PM
Trying to Locate Push Up Mast Brackets Ron Antenna 5 November 5th 03 02:43 PM