Old September 25th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default BREAKING NEWS: NFCC VOTES TO RECOMMEND FCC TREAT ALL REPEATERS AS REPEATERS

Phil Kane wrote:

"Digital Voice" (a la D-Star) has already been deemed to be "phone" as
the FCC defines it. The designations - right or wrong - are about the
"baseband", not the means used to carry it.

I'm not sure that I follow how that affects band segment allocation.
SSB and AM are "phone" too, but that doesn't get them a space in the FM
repeater segment.

--
Klystron

Old September 28th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:20:04 EDT, Klystron wrote:

I'm not sure that I follow how that affects band segment allocation.
SSB and AM are "phone" too, but that doesn't get them a space in the FM
repeater segment.

"But for" voluntary band plans, they could operate there without being
in violation of FCC band allocation rules.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

e-mail: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net

(OT) Breaking News [email protected] Shortwave 6 July 7th 09 12:07 AM
(OT) Breaking News! dxAce Shortwave 2 July 6th 09 02:56 PM
BREAKING NEWS FROM ARNEWSLINE: FCC RULES THAT DIGITAL VOICE REPEATERS ARE REPEATERS William M. Pasternak Info 0 March 23rd 09 09:44 PM
Breaking HD News!!! [email protected] Shortwave 1 September 26th 07 03:52 PM
BREAKING NEWS: NFCC VOTES TO RECOMMEND FCC TREAT ALLREPEATERS AS REPEATERS William M. Pasternak Info 0 September 21st 07 10:36 AM