Old December 4th 16, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [KB6NU] Reader feedback

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Reader feedback

I received a couple of nice e-mails from readers, and I thought Id share
them with you. The first is from Jack. I like this one because you can tell
how enthusiastic he is about getting his license.

Thanks LOADS for the free study guideÂ*you publish on the Internet (for
Technician).Â*VERY well done!!!
My late grandfather was one of the first licensed ham operatorsÂ*in Texas,
way back in the early 1900s (not sure how early) butÂ*well before WWII,
perhaps the 1920s).Â*My son and I just purchased ICOM 7300s and and are
listeningÂ*as we work toward our Technician licenses. He is in Denver andÂ*I
am in Durango, CO. We plan to go further, perhaps to Amateur Extra.Â*
I am 68, he is 48. Even though not required, he is learning code. Hes atÂ*13
wpm already after one week of study.
Just wanted to give you a shout out to say thanks for your time andÂ*effort
in promoting the hobby!!!
Jack

Durango, CO

(Call sign when I get one!)

The second is the first bit of feedback on the audiobook version of my Tech
study guide.

Hi Dan,
I just passed my Technician test today by using your audio book version.
Now I am looking for your audio version for the General.
Is this in the works at all?
Richard

I guess that Im going to have to get to work on that!

The post Reader feedback appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.