Old October 10th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs?

It seems to me they want to eliminate all testing.

That's what happens when no-codes and nickle hams start running
things. Or is that ruining things?

SC
Old October 10th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Slow Code wrote:
It seems to me they want to eliminate all testing.

That's what happens when no-codes and nickle hams start running
things. Or is that ruining things?

Naw, ARRL isn't trying to do that. I haven't seen anything in their
current goals that would lead me to believe that they are trying to
send the rest of our spectrum the way of 11 meters. I may be wrong, but
I don't think the FCC would do that again (if any of the current
commissioners are students of FCC history that is) even if the ARRL
suggested it.

The numbers of Hams out there and how it's been dropping though the
more recent years is an alarming trend. With the age of the average ham
creeping higher, this hobby is set to all but die out in the USA within
a generation unless something changes.

Surely you see the problem that the ARRL is trying to address. You may
not agree with their suggested solutions, but you'd have to agree that
we have a problem. Right?

-= Bob =-

Old October 13th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

You may
not agree with their suggested solutions, but you'd have to agree that
we have a problem. Right?

notice you have gotten no reply

Having waited almost a week for a reasonable response...

The silence is telling. I believe you are right, he doesn't care..

-= bob =-

Old October 17th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in
ups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
[...]

ARRL is willing to let the problem get worse by not supporting policy that
will improve or at least maintain the quality of individuals getting
licensed. Maybe they don't care if hams are like CB'ers as long as the
memberships keep rolling in.

Can you say: Breaker Breaker 19? That's where we're headed.

It's started going down hill about the mid-eighties and the ARRL pushed to
make it go down hill faster. That crash at the bottom ain't gonna look
pretty... or sound pretty.

SC