Old February 26th 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default It all comes down to this ...

From: on Sun, Feb 25 2007 7:40 pm

On Feb 25, 7:22 pm, "Stefan Wolfe" wrote:

But that is a different NG; it has nothing to do with this NG and is off
topic. kb9rqz and len anderson are often off topic, thus they support a
fellow troublemaker (John Smith) when he posts off topic.

Any post which mentions any newsgroup(s) and/or moderator(s) of such
newsgroups who might influence POLICY for their own benefit, wants,
and desires and need to be watched is RIGHT ON TOPIC in my humble
opinion ...

This "Wolfe" is one of the ultra-conservative in a hobby
activity who desires the status-quo abnormally much.
They abhor CHANGE as some equivalent work of the devil.
Naturally They will classify ANY change as "making trouble."

There IS something to be said in favor of such non-change
conservatism. Considering the state of the art in all
electronics (including "radio") is in constant evolution,
it is difficult to keep up with it...that takes time away
from playing with their radios. Or, it may be a "survival
trait" in that sticking with the KNOWN is comforting and
gives the illusion of security; i.e., "tribal safety."

Or, it may be just plain EGO demanding that others do as
the conservatives do it...because they "know what is best
for amateur radio." :-)

The british viewed out forefathers as "troublemakers", Martin Luther
King was viewed as a troublemaker, Caesar Chavez was viewed as a
troublemaker, Ghandi was viewed as a troublemaker, those ending child
labor were viewed a troublemakers--yanno, the term "troublemaker" just
does NOT offend me in the least, indeed, I'll take that as a
complement.

I'll take as both compliment and "complement.' :-)

'Complement' because there are OTHER valid conditions
that exist besides those of the uber-conservative.

BTW, Martin Luther (probable namesake of Rev. King) was
one of the more ardent "troublemakers" to the Catholic
church of his time. The established Catholic clergy of
that time were far from perfect and the church itself
was forced to reform (and to re-form) itself.

In a way, the above is what is happening to the Church
of St. Hiram in the holy city of Newington. The elders
of that sect are being dragged (kicking a screaming in
protest) into the 21st Century of radio hobby-dom.

Ciao,
LA

Old February 26th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Say, Len.....

On Feb 26, 3:02?pm, "
wrote:

......did you forget?

Back in September of 2006, you wrote a post to
rec.radio.amateur.policy that can be seen at:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e=source&hl=en

In that post, you were asked:

"What is the end-goal of your continuing participation here?"

And you replied:

"It is as I've stated many years ago, "to advocate
the elimination of the manual morse code test in US
amateur radio licensing. When that elimination happens, I will leave
this newsgroup." "

In case you missed it, the manual Morse Code
test for a US amateur radio license has been
eliminated completely back on Feb 23, 2007.

Yet here it is several days later and you have are
still posting to RRAP. You wrote that you were
going to leave, but you're still here.

Why?

Jim, N2EY

Old February 26th 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 2:23�pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

* ...

Yet here it is several days later and you have are
still posting to RRAP. You wrote that you were
going to leave, but you're still here.

Why?

Jim, N2EY

I think Len only remains out of popular demand, I do like to read
something of intelligent design now and then, and the dry wit is
enjoyable--makes one wonder how many catch on? wink

Well, John, it's like this: I CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT
POSTING IN HERE! :-)

In fact, I mentioned that in another thread earlier.

Self-styled guru cum "moderator" Miccolis seems to be
of the belief system that, once some statement is
posted, the stater MUST HOLD TO THAT "PROMISE!"

****y pedantry of Miccolis overlooked, there will be more
from me in the near future. :-)

But, Miccolis is going to do the "Cause Celebre'" with
that and spend weeks or months (perhaps years) on
some imagined "promise" made by me. Miccolis
MUST RULE in here, at least in his mind. Gets
annoying but that's how it is with the little people...

LA

Old February 26th 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 3:40�pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:23?pm, John Smith I wrote:

wrote:

? ...

[...]

Let's clarify what I said previously. I would trust Hans
Brakob and (consulting moderator) Phil Kane to give
a fair shake on things. I've disagreed and agreed with
them many a time and there was no real enmity going
on. On the other hand, Miccolis, Heil, and Kelly are
always displaying enmity towards me in here and have
done so for years.

LA

Old February 27th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 3:40 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:23?pm, John Smith I wrote:

wrote:

? ...

[...]

Len:

You are more than welcome to post in this group, but hell, I am not
even "moderately" qualified to offer ya that!

Could be worse, ya could have a cb rig with a beeg leenear and heavy
bleed over on ten meters ... ever thought about takin' up truckin'?

Warmest regards,
and a BIG 10-FER GUD BUDDY,
3's! from the golden state,
JS

Old February 27th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 4:24�pm, wrote:
On Feb 26, 3:40 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:23?pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

? ...

[...]

Oh, my, JS, you've been listening to CB traffic on I-5 again,
ain'tcha? :-)

Got two old, ancient CBs but no "leen-yar," the old mobile
whips (two) are in the garage. Got no farther in "truckin"
since 1954 and a military vehicle "license" to drive a 3/4-ton
and 2 1/2-ton truck. :-)

But, there's truckin' and then there's "truckin." When the
Johnson Viking was in my '53 Austin-Healey sports car,
THAT was "truckin." Once in a while I turned the radio on,
too... :-)

Catch ya on the flipflop,
Threes, LA

Old February 27th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Leo Leo is offline

On 26 Feb 2007 15:40:36 -0800, "
wrote:

On Feb 26, 2:23?pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

snip

Self-styled guru cum "moderator" Miccolis.....

Complainer - yes. Moderator - no.

He had a chance to sign up as a moderator on the new RRAM newsgroup -
but his name is conspicuously absent from the list.

Guess he prefers that others do the heavy lifting for him.....

snip

LA

73, Leo
Old February 27th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 27, 2:10�pm, Leo wrote:
On 26 Feb 2007 15:40:36 -0800, "

wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:23?pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

snip

* Self-styled guru cum "moderator" Miccolis.....

Complainer - yes. *Moderator - no.

He had a chance to sign up as a moderator on the new RRAM newsgroup -
but his name is conspicuously absent from the list.

Guess he prefers that others do the heavy lifting for him.....

Self-defined royalty ARE that way... :-)

73, LA