Old March 3rd 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Mar 3, 3:09�pm, wrote:
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:02:47 -0500, "Dee Flint"

wrote:

"K4YZ" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 1, 7:32?pm, "
wrote:

*A vanity license application requires an already-granted
*amateur radio license. New licensees will take longer to
*process, both at the ARRL (for ARRL VEC) and at the
*FCC.

* * An FCC Commissioner could snap his/her fingers and make an
application "happen", but it won't ever happen with YOUR name on it...

* * "No Code" has been the law of the land for over a week, now.

* * Any perusal of ULS will show hundreds of people who've taken the
test SINCE then are already licensed and have been for days.

_________________________________________________ ______________

This demonstrates that Len is not up to speed on application handling
procedures. *

dee you are responding Robeson not anderson

I do hope she doesn't think I am the SAME as Robesin!

The difference is that I DO have documented proof of my
military service time...plus a photo essay in public view
of what I did during that time...plus a few articles authored
for Ham Radio magazine. :-)

But, on the issue of ARRL VEC application processing,
their recent web page article did NOT say how many
applications were received (in numerical quantities), only
that they had received applications from many ARRL VE
groups. It is easy to name off the number of ARRL VE
teams but the article doesn't say (except for some
Carribbean team...55-plus?) how many total or per day.

shrug 73, LA

Old March 3rd 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default No Code For Any Class x7 Days

On Mar 3, 5:25�am, Leo wrote:
On 2 Mar 2007 19:54:30 -0800, "

From: on Fri, Mar 2 2007 3:05 am

On Feb 28, 3:22?pm, "K4YZ" wrote:
* QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

snip
* How much broadcasting experience has Miccolo
* Tesla got? *AM, FM, or TV?

Several thousand hours, at least......all of it right here on RRAP *

Heh heh heh heh. Well, think of it this way: He isn't
causing ANY RFI or EMI by broadcasting on the
Internet... :-)

Is anyone up there knowledgeable about the Aussie
OUTbacker antenna line? I'm curious and there has been
some mention of them on the Antennex.com website.

73, LA

Old March 3rd 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 3, 6:20 pm, "
wrote:
On Mar 3, 3:09?pm, wrote:

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 18:02:47 -0500, "Dee Flint"

wrote:

"K4YZ" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 1, 7:32?pm, "
wrote:

?A vanity license application requires an already-granted
?amateur radio license. New licensees will take longer to
?process, both at the ARRL (for ARRL VEC) and at the
?FCC.

? ? An FCC Commissioner could snap his/her fingers and make an
application "happen", but it won't ever happen with YOUR name on it...

? ? "No Code" has been the law of the land for over a week, now.

? ? Any perusal of ULS will show hundreds of people who've taken the
test SINCE then are already licensed and have been for days.

_________________________________________________ ______________

This demonstrates that Len is not up to speed on application handling
procedures. ?

dee you are responding Robeson not anderson

I do hope she doesn't think I am the SAME as Robesin!

me too that might call for the feild of Honnor and that would
rediculous to paraphrase Bill O'Reily

The difference is that I DO have documented proof of my
military service time...plus a photo essay in public view
of what I did during that time...plus a few articles authored
for Ham Radio magazine. :-)

But, on the issue of ARRL VEC application processing,
their recent web page article did NOT say how many
applications were received (in numerical quantities), only
that they had received applications from many ARRL VE
groups. It is easy to name off the number of ARRL VE
teams but the article doesn't say (except for some
Carribbean team...55-plus?) how many total or per day.

indeed

shrug 73, LA- Hide quoted text -

Old March 4th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 3, 3:02�pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote in message

s.com...
On Mar 1, 7:32?pm, "

This demonstrates that Len is not up to speed on application handling
procedures.

Not being an amateur licensee NOR a voting member of the ARRL
may be at fault...however I've been licensed as a Commercial radio
operator for 51 years. In that time there were a LOT of changes
of "procedure." The privatization of operator testing was a major
change some two decades (give or take) ago...BOTH for amateur
and professional license testing.

Is "knowledge of application handling" an IMPORTANT bit of
amateur radio operator knowledge? I don't think so. The NCVEC
doesn't think so.

*The ARRL and the FCC handle NEW applications first, upgrades
next, and vanity applications last. *This is their operating policy.

Is it? :-) I'm not going to rush to the FCC website to check
that
and I don't care to dispute the League on what they say...

Afterall some one with an existing license can operate while they wait for
the upgrade or vanity call.

NOT LEGALLY if their "existing license" is IN their grace period.
Hasn't N2EY reminded you yet? :-)

New license processing normally takes 5 to 10 days.

According to an ARRL VEC VE team leader, N6ZZK, it takes 10
to 15 days. I've talked to Ted and shaken hands with him, am I
to believe you over him?

*Upgrades also take 5 to
10 days but are done after processing the new licensees.

That depends on surface mail delivery from VE teams to the
ARRL VEC in Newington, CT. East coasties will get their
mail there the first (usually). West coasties (in CONUS) get
there next to last; Alaska and Hawaii are nearly last but the
island possessions in the Pacific WILL be last on delivering
ARRL VEC paperwork to Newington.

*At the ARRL they
are processing faster than normal despite the increased number of forms to
go through as they put on extra staff in anticipation of this.

Just so terribly wonderful, ain't it? :-)

I haven't seen any photos at the ARRL website that show sweaty
workers spending all kinds of hours a day, no one with dark circles
under their eyes from all that "overtime."

Vanity calls are special processing and are not handled by the VECs (except
for renewals). *One must apply directly to the FCC and they take 3 weeks or
more.

Tsk, tsk. You forgot to mention that you can't get a Vanity call
UNLESS you already have a legal operator license. Rather
important thing to remember, that...

73, LA

Old March 4th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Eight Days..."snip"

On Mar 3, 9:57 am, "K4YZ" wrote:
On Mar 2, 12:40?pm, "
further lied and tried to deceive us about his hinted-to Amateur exam
with:

On Mar 2, 7:32?am, wrote:
and BTW mine is not in the that total since it was processed on the
26th by the MERAC VEC

? ?That would be true, Mark. ?The ARRL website Search seems
? ?to look only through their own VEC's processed records.

HUGE Snip.

More mindless pontification with which to deceive the weak minded
(ie: Morkie, whom, it seems, has taken Lennie's rhetoric hook, line
and sinker...)

Sigh.

Steve, K4YZ

Lot's of sighs from Robesin. Probably oxygen deprivation to that pin-
head brain of his.

Old March 4th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Leo Leo is offline

On 3 Mar 2007 15:24:14 -0800, "
wrote:

On Mar 3, 5:25?am, Leo wrote:
On 2 Mar 2007 19:54:30 -0800, "

From: on Fri, Mar 2 2007 3:05 am

On Feb 28, 3:22?pm, "K4YZ" wrote:
QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.
snip
How much broadcasting experience has Miccolo
Tesla got?

M, FM, or TV?

Several thousand hours, at least......all of it right here on RRAP

Heh heh heh heh. Well, think of it this way: He isn't
causing ANY RFI or EMI by broadcasting on the
Internet... :-)

...resulting in many,many kW hours left available for better uses
(i.e. curling irons, electric toilets and such)

Is anyone up there knowledgeable about the Aussie
OUTbacker antenna line? I'm curious and there has been
some mention of them on the Antennex.com website.

I've not heard of the OUTbacker until you mentioned it. A quick check
of the local ham radio stores (www.radioworld.ca and
www.durhamradio.com) showed no listing for this manufacturer, so there
probably aren't a lot of them installed up here.

Sorry, can't add to the knowledge base on this one - I'll ask around,
though!

73, LA

73, Leo
Old March 4th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Leo wrote:

Sorry, can't add to the knowledge base on this one - I'll ask around,
though!

73, LA

73, Leo

http://www.outbackerantennas.com/

JS
--
http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com
Old March 4th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 4, 8:42�am, John Smith I wrote:
Leo wrote:

* ...

Sorry, can't add to the knowledge base on this one - I'll ask around,
though!

* 73, LA

73, Leo

http://www.outbackerantennas.com/

Thanks for pasting the link, JS, you beat me by an hour...:-)

Outbacker NA is based in Kentucky and seems to carry all
the Aussie verticals of that brand. I'm considering that sort
of multi-band antenna for a home station...not that it matters
a great deal here since the paths north to east require NVIS
type sky-burning. Mobile will probably be 6m-2m-70cm in a
triband whip (probably Diamond) with a Diamond motorized
hatchback-lip mount that allows lowering it inside the
garage. "Stealth antenna" sort of thing...:-)

Haven't heard a lot about them "furrin ay-tennas" (like
Australia is a "foreign land?") fur dem pickups in da woods
of Kain-tuckie. Over on www.antennex they've been
described in much detail by Aussie amateurs who thought
much of them in Aussie-land outback territory.

A curiosity is how to get an effective ground plane for a
home installation that does NOT involve sticking a lot of
radials into the ground. Sprinkler pipe is all PVC so that
will not do. There's no NEC version modeling program
that can simulate the row of tall cypresses where the
intended location of a vertical would be (in between two
of the spaced cypresses). [just planning ahead...]

No sweat on a VHF-UHF home antenna...enough vent
pipes (metal) to mount them on. For "stealth" I can do
the Ventenna thing and cover the vertical VHF-UHF with
PVC pipe of large diameter.

73, LA

Old March 4th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 4, 8:56�am, wrote:
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:36:43 -0500, Leo wrote:
On 3 Mar 2007 15:24:14 -0800, "
wrote:

On Mar 3, 5:25?am, Leo wrote:
On 2 Mar 2007 19:54:30 -0800, "

From: on Fri, Mar 2 2007 3:05 am

On Feb 28, 3:22?pm, "K4YZ" wrote:
*QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.
snip
*How much broadcasting experience has Miccolo
*Tesla got?

M, FM, or TV?

Several thousand hours, at least......all of it right here on RRAP

* Heh heh heh heh. *Well, think of it this way: *He isn't
* causing ANY RFI or EMI by broadcasting on the
* Internet... *:-)

...resulting in many,many kW hours left available for better uses
(i.e. curling irons, electric toilets and such) *

* Is anyone up there knowledgeable about the Aussie
* OUTbacker antenna line? *I'm curious and there has been
* some mention of them on the Antennex.com website.

missed this I do know that a friend of aquired one some years ago *and
was quite happey with it I think I have seen that *AES has it

most folks I know that have seen it sopined that the price to benifit
ratio might be lacking but my friend liked since he was not affluent
and ended up moving a fair piece and could have have borken down and
set up again in an hour os less and it was quite sturdy

Outbackers are listed in the HRO catalog but the Burbank,
CA, HRO outlet didn't have any for show-and-tell on Friday.
Again, the folks working there (all 2 of them) didn't have any
technical info on that line. Three guys were in front of the
new-radio long desk busy doing some kind of "knowledgeable"
arguing a la RRAP style and I didn't care for more of that at
2:30 PM on a Friday afternoon. :-)

73, LA

Old March 4th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 2, 9:54?pm, "
From: on Fri, Mar 2 2007 3:05 am
On Feb 28, 3:22 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:
QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

*7* years, Steve. January 19, 2000. ;-)

Oh, my, Jimmie Noserve has made that a "holiday" event?

* * Nope.

* * We just keep it out there to remind everyone what a lying dweeb
you are, Lennie.

Steve,

Who is "we"?

I was simply reminding you that it has been more than
*7* years since Len wrote that he was "going for Extra right
out of the box." He also wrote a few months back that
he could pass the Extra with or without a Morse Code test,
but he never made good on that boast.

Also, what is the point of calling someone names like
"lying dweeb" and "Lennie"? All it does is bring you
down to their level of childish behavior.

* * Or inept...But does it really matter?

Len has since written that his "Extra right out of the box"
statement was merely a "throwaway comment" and was
"taken out of context".

Like I said...he's gonna be a no-show.

Well, maybe. And maybe not. Time will tell.

So will William, an arrow, and an apple...

Most liars like him usually are.

If he does what he said he'd do back then,
he wouldn't be a liar or a no-show, right?

* * *Point taken and rightly so.

Well, there you have it. Why call someone a liar
if they can prove you wrong by their own actions?

*Far be it for Lennie to actually DO
what he says he's going to do.

Maybe. Anyone with sense knows that.

Something beyond 1930s state of the art, I hope.

Well, let's see......

In the 1930s, radio amateurs were using Morse Code,
AM voice, and SSB voice modes, plus some forms
of radio control of model aircraft. They were using MF,
HF, and VHF. All of that still goes on today.

What rig should he buy for CASH?

How about an Icom IC-7800? ?Yaesu FT-2000D?
IC-756PROIII? ?FT-DX9000? ?Kenwood TS-2000?
Yaesu FT DX 9000MP?

* * *How about "Nun Of The Above"...?!?!

That's "none of the above", Steve.

* * *All of those radios require a federal license to operate other
than to just turn on an listen to or admire the blinking lights.

* * *You don't have a federal license that allows you to use any of
them in the intended manner.

* * (BTW: *Please don't waste our time with tales of your
"professional" licensure...Your GROL is useless for Amateur
applications as it does not grant station privileges or authorize a
callsign)

What antenna?

How about a tower-mounted rotatable Log-Periodic?

* * Not allowed in your neighborhood, Lennie.

Actually, Steve, you don't know that.

One of the most common TV antennas is a log
periodic. With some modification, one could
be used for VHF/UHF amateur radio communication.

Not that I'm recommending it, but it *could* be done.

On a U S Tower HDX-5106MDPL?

A Bencher Inc. "Skyhawk 3X10"? A Butternut HF9V?

* * *Just numbers copied out of a catalog to you, Your Putziness.

What's with the namecalling, Steve?

The products named could possibly be used. Recall too
that Len has referred to an alleged "northern house"
which is not the Lanark Street address. Perhaps the
"northern house" has more land around it.

CC&Rs?

Gasp! I have to get one of those?!? I don't
have any! ?HORRORS!

* * No...You don't.

* * But you have a zoning code which still won't let you erect that
Log periodic on your block.

All depends what sort of LP is meant.

btw, "CC&R" means "Codes, Covenants and Restrictions".
It's a pretty safe bet that there are detailed building codes
for Len's Lanark Street property, and that putting up a
tower requires a building permit at the very least. There may
also be maximum height regulations, etc.

There's also the fact that the antenna must not extend over adjacent
properties without permission of the owners.

Operating procedures?

ABSOLUTELY! By-the-Book Letter-Perfect as it was
in the 1930s so shall it be today!!!

Commit just ONE slight infraction and I would be
EXCOMMUNICATED!!! Stripped of all licenses and
radios by Riley H. himself!!!

**You have to HAVE a license to be stripped of, Lennie.

* *And if you're using "1930's" procedures, you'll sound like an
idiot on 21st century Amateur Radio...

What is this fascination with the "1930s", anyway?

If something works well, why change it?

I am told that in the 1930s, people answered the telephone
"Hello", same as today. Hams in those days called CQ,
gave their own callsigns last when calling, used Q signals,
RST, etc. - same as today. The common "QWERTY"
keyboard arrangement of 2007 was in common use in the
1930s on mechanical typewriters and teleprinters.

So in many ways, we are all still using "1930s"
procedures today. Nothing wrong with that, either.

Vanity call?

*VANITY* CALL?!?!? Oh, my...

Can't use "N2EY" or "K4YZ" or "K8MN"...those VANITY
calls are TAKEN!!!

Actually, N2EY and K8MN are not vanity callsigns. K4YZ
and WK3C are vanity callsigns.

If someone looks up a callsign on qrz.com, then requests
'detailed information', the FCC database codes are
displayed. The codes tell things like which radio service
the call is assigned to, type of station (club, individual, etc.)
and whether the call is a vanity call or not.

N2EY is not a vanity call. Neither is K8MN. Both were
sequentially issued decades ago.

Think about it.

* * *Eight Days...No Lennie...No surprises there..................

Is that the best way to greet a possible newcomer, Steve?

---

It's clear that the rules change has resulted in a lot of
applications, which increases the processing time.

It's way too early to see long-term trends based on
short-term results. That's just common sense.

For example, back on Feb 22, 2007, the last day before
the rules changes, there were 654,680 current unexpired
FCC-issued amateur radio licenses held by individuals.
Of those, 324,326 (49.54%) were Technician or
Tech Plus class licenses (293,508 and 30,818, respectively).

As of March 3, 2007, yesterday, there were 654,551
current unexpired FCC-issued amateur radio licenses
held by individuals. That's a *decrease* of 129.

Of those 654,551 hams on March 3,
323,026 (49.35%) were Technician or
Tech Plus class licenses (292,598 and 30,428, respectively).

Does that mean the changes have failed to cause growth?
I don't think so - I think it's simply too early to tell.

Whether Len is part of that or not really isn't clear
yet. Perhaps he is, perhaps he's not, and
simply trying to get a reaction.

Len has already admitted that he puts intentional
errors in his postings in order to get a response.

Do you really *want* Len to get an amateur license,
Steve?

73 de Jim, N2EY