Old March 4th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default No Code For Any Class x7 Days

No problem Len.

But, make sure you purchase an antenna capable of BIG power. First time
you burn up one of those antennas with one of those BIG ruskie
leen-e-airs--kinda hurts

JS

--
http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com
Old March 4th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 4, 11:54�am, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

* ...

No problem Len.

But, make sure you purchase an antenna capable of BIG power. *First time
you burn up one of those antennas with one of those BIG ruskie
leen-e-airs--kinda hurts

Since I'm not contemplating any "big russkie linears" or even
US-made (or branded) on HF, not a problem here.

However, "BIG" to me is about 10 to 40 KW RF Output.
That is not allowed in US amateur radio regulations. It
is also beyond the RF Exposure limits for us urban city
dwellers. Now, not all my neighbors aren't the best of
folks but I ain't wanting to create crispy critters next
door...

73, LA

Old March 5th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on 4 Mar 2007 11:08:30 -0800

Wowie...PREDICTABLE RESPONSES! I post to Miccolis and Robeson
replies, the Miccolis "replies" to Robeson (but is really
replying to me...). Damn, but that IS predictable! :-)

From: on Fri, Mar 2 2007 3:05 am
On Feb 28, 3:22 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:

I was simply reminding you that it has been more than
*7* years since Len wrote that he was "going for Extra right
out of the box." He also wrote a few months back that
he could pass the Extra with or without a Morse Code test,
but he never made good on that boast.

Now, now, Sister, curb your impatience, put down the
ruler and start watching the callsign sites from
about Wednesday onwards. That will match what Ted
said about "10 to 15 days." :-)

Also, what is the point of calling someone names like
"lying dweeb" and "Lennie"? All it does is bring you
down to their level of childish behavior.

Tsk, tsk, "childish behavior." :-) Go thee over to
RRAM and look at your own comment on "peak the grid
and dip the plate" is INCORRECT. Wow, I make the first
response to Coslo on his question and you have to jump
in with flailing knuckle-spanking ruler! "Incorrect"
"Incorrect." Gotta love it...:-)

Len has since written that his "Extra right out of the box"
statement was merely a "throwaway comment" and was
"taken out of context".

It was just that AT THE TIME. Tsk, you had to
MANUFACTURE a Big Brouhaha over it much later!
Gotta love it! :-)

Well, there you have it. Why call someone a liar
if they can prove you wrong by their own actions?

No problem to you, Jimmie. You just manufacture
something out of whole cloth... :-)

What rig should he buy for CASH?

How about an Icom IC-7800? ?Yaesu FT-2000D?
IC-756PROIII? ?FT-DX9000? ?Kenwood TS-2000?
Yaesu FT DX 9000MP?

? ? ?How about "Nun Of The Above"...?!?!

That's "none of the above", Steve.

Riiiiight...she can't be bought...unless there's
some morse code involved...

How about a tower-mounted rotatable Log-Periodic?

? ? Not allowed in your neighborhood, Lennie.

Actually, Steve, you don't know that.

Wow! Something that Miccolis and I agree on! :-)

One of the most common TV antennas is a log
periodic. With some modification, one could
be used for VHF/UHF amateur radio communication.

Nobody in my neighborhood has any "common TV
antennas" unless you count satellite dishes.
We have excellent cable TV service, both analog
and digital (we have digital).

House across the street and down one has no less
than 4 sat dishes. :-)

Not that I'm recommending it, but it *could* be done.

Why do all that futzing around when one can be
purchased? Save all the futzing time for radio
operating... :-)

? ? ?Just numbers copied out of a catalog to you, Your Putziness.

What's with the namecalling, Steve?

Standard Robesin Operating Procedure. :-)

The products named could possibly be used. Recall too
that Len has referred to an alleged "northern house"
which is not the Lanark Street address. Perhaps the
"northern house" has more land around it.

Northern house is in Kitsap County, WA. Ten acres
full of virgin evergreens 60 to 100 feet high. Will
undergo some thinning out soon. Lots of good raw
timber there that will fetch some nice dollars. :-)

Mr. Real Estate Expert, just go to the Kitsap
County and look it up. It is public knowledge in
their records. Real Estate taxes are all paid on
that one, too. :-)

Donut that just frost 'em though? :-)

CC&Rs?

Gasp! I have to get one of those?!? I don't
have any! ?HORRORS!

? ? No...You don't.

? ? But you have a zoning code which still won't let you erect that
Log periodic on your block.

All depends what sort of LP is meant.

"Military style" rotatable...requires an 80 foot diameter
circle clearance for full rotation. Just like the one
at NADC Warminster, PA, over 30 years ago. No sweat. But,
I don't like to live IN an antenna farm. Did that for half
a year (2 square miles of antenna farm).

To WHERE would I rotate that rotatable antenna? YOU are
the self-defined "expert" on the area. Don't you KNOW?

btw, "CC&R" means "Codes, Covenants and Restrictions".
It's a pretty safe bet that there are detailed building codes
for Len's Lanark Street property, and that putting up a
tower requires a building permit at the very least. There may
also be maximum height regulations, etc.

Oh, my, Mr. Real Estate EXPERT doesn't KNOW EXACTLY?

Tsk, tsk, from all the blathering you did on Zoning
a few months ago, I thought you would KNOW!

Here's a clue, Shylock: I live a mile from the edge of
BUR; civilians know it as "Bob Hope Airport." The FAA
must be advised if something is erected 200 feet above
normal terrain. However, "normal terrain" goes higher
than 300 feet above my back yard. :-)

There's also the fact that the antenna must not extend over adjacent
properties without permission of the owners.

Not a problem in the back. Got a nice clearance space
there for anything rotating in an 80-foot circle. You
want to check that out? No problem. Just go to Mapquest
and enter my USPS address. Get the address from some old
Ham Radio bylines...hasn't changed for 44 years. :-)

You can even see a somewhat dated aerial photo of the
location, see the relative sizes of everything. Or,
you could go to the L.A. County records, even get a
topographic map of the area. Won't cost you much and
you would be oh so EXACT on data! Don't you KNOW all
those things? You said you "were familiar with the area"
or words to that effect.

Now IF you really were "familiar," then you would KNOW
that I have NO, repeat NO cee-cees here at the southern
house. None in the northern one. Go LOOK for that
non-existant CC&R, Shylock, prove me wrong...

It's clear that the rules change has resulted in a lot of
applications, which increases the processing time.

Tsk, so far, the vast majority have been just class
changes, renewals, and vanity call applications.

It's way too early to see long-term trends based on
short-term results. That's just common sense.

Define "way too early." The trend is already
present. Even Dee Flint noticed it first-hand
in her local VE group.

Have YOU done anything to help newcomers to US amateur
radio? Get them into the exam locations in the droves
that all you morsemen PROMISED were going to happen?

Does that mean the changes have failed to cause growth?
I don't think so - I think it's simply too early to tell.

When would be a good time for you to "tell?" 2027?
2017?

You already stated that overall licensee numbers
were dropping. Do you have very short attention
span disorder?

In the 11 days of 22 Feb to 4 Mar, the US total
individual licensees dropped 369. That's over 3
a day average. That's been happening steadily
for over three years.

Whether Len is part of that or not really isn't clear
yet. Perhaps he is, perhaps he's not, and
simply trying to get a reaction.

Jay-Suss! I've left enough clues for even an
Inspector Clousseau to figure out! :-)

Do you really *want* Len to get an amateur license,
Steve?

He doesn't *want* anything but suffering and death
for ANYONE disagreeing with him. No one need be
an Inspector "Clue-so" to see that!

So, Sister, do you think you've got the cojonnes
to reply to me directly or are you going to go through
the SAME procedure as usual? :-)

See you on the 13 cm bands...

LA

Old March 5th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 4, 3:09�pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

*...

Well, anyway, if not for these six fingers, I don't think exposure to rf
is all that dangerous. *grin

Actually, I did hear tell of guys up in alaska working on radar, decades
ago and before microwave ovens, they found holding their hands over the
slits in waveguides "warmed" their fingers--then some started ending up
with pains in their hands--cooked partially fingers are painful!

I have never heard of HF causing any medial problems which can be proved
to relate. *However, UHF and beyond is quite different ...

Ahem...take a look at the chart in Part 97. Maximum
allowed power before having to do an "evaluation" is
500 W at 40m but it drops down linearly to 50 W at
10m. All bands at VHF at 50 W. At UHF it is 70 W
at 70cm and rises to a maximum of 250 W at 13 cm
and holds there on up to maximum frequency of
anyone's allocations.

When I was at Fort Monmouth Signal School in '52
and taking the radar systems introductory class,
cadre used to put a wad of steel wool on the end of
a bamboo pole and hold it in front of a 1 MW peak
search radar. Steel wool blazed! One of the wesen-
heimers made a remark about "it was dangerous to
steel wool" with much ha-ha-ing from the group. The
next day we got a demo with a slab of outdated
(uncut) bacon. Instant fried bacon. Wisenheimer
shut up. Search radar was somewhere in S Band
or 2 to 4 GHz. (microwave ovens are 2.4 GHz)

When I worked at Hughes Aircraft Co., El Segundo,
CA division, one of the airborne radar final check-out
guys got one hand slightly fried from playing around
with adjustments with the (F-94?) radar. Wore a
large bandage for about two months after returning
from a medical leave of about a month. That was '57
to '59 time period. Peak powers ain't something to
fool with, not up-close and personal to the RF source.

On the other hand, the tower monkeys who service
the TV and FM towers on Mt. Wilson overlooking
L.A. aren't shielded and seem to survive. Was an
article about them in L.A. Times about a half year
ago. TV and FM sit right in the most sensitive
frequency region for RF Exposure. Go figure...

73, LA

Old March 5th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Len:

I always wanted a KW amp.

Finally the old guy who assisted me into radio broke down, brought out
the greenlee punches, drills, hacksaw, ceramic sockets, tubes and we
constructed one, I certainly could NOT have done it with out his
assistance. We scavenged old military gear I had accumulated and stuff
he had for wide spaced (HV) variable caps, hv transformer, filter caps,
chokes, resistors, plate coils, etc.

In the end, it was rather large, plenty of space to work on stuff in
there, and even room for an old LARGE muffin fan.

My shack, back then was the basement of my parents home. It got cold
down there in the winter, those tubes filaments (10amps at 2.5v if I
remember correctly X 2, PLUS the plate dissipation when xmitting)
provided some nice warmth (plates would glow a nice dim/dull red when ya
got long winded and peaked her for max tube capacity)--I sat on the
expanded metal case of that amp which sat upon a low stool, and enjoyed it!

Later had three boys. Only bothersome thing is that third eye in the
middle of their foreheads ... ROFLOL!

Comeon', ya can't kid a kidder!

Actually, that is a true story ... well, except for the third eyes.

HF just doesn't excite the molecules in the body to the degree necessary
to do damage (well, a 10kw-100KW I might begin to worry about.)

VHF I would be cautious of, but then I think 50w is conservative and low
here, UHF and above I have NO doubt about ... HF is about as dangerous
as high powered audio freqs, excepting ones ears.

JS
--
http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com
Old March 8th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON! when you going apologize steve

On Feb 28, 3:22 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:
QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

Like I said...he's gonna be a no-show.

Most liars like him usually are.

sigh.

Steve, K4YZ

when you going to apoligize to af6ay?

Old March 8th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 8, 8:03�am, "an_old_friend" wrote:
On Feb 28, 3:22 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:

* * *QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

* * *Like I said...he's gonna be a no-show.

* * *Most liars like him usually are.

* * *sigh.

Steve, K4YZ

when you going to apoligize to af6ay?

Mark, it will be a cold day in hell when he apologizes
to anyone. Keep on wearing summer clothing. :-)

73, AF6AY

Old March 8th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default just another stalking thread

On Mar 8, 1:59�pm, wrote:
On 8 Mar 2007 10:34:02 -0800, "

On Feb 28, 3:22 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:

* *RZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

* *ike I said...he's gonna be a no-show.

ost liars like him usually are.

* 3igh.

Steve, K4YZ

when you going to apoligize to af6ay?

* Mark, it will be a cold day in hell when he apologizes
* to anyone. *Keep on wearing summer clothing. *:-)

I know and you know he knows and we know know he know it we arew a
very knowldhe gruop

with no apologies to Eleanor

* 73, AF6AY

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/