RadioBanter

-   -   The First 13 Days of the Revolution (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/116269-first-13-days-revolution.html)

Dee Flint March 8th 07 05:30 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 7, 7:04?pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Congratulations to Len also.

Dee, N8UZE

Thank you, Dee.

Now, what were you saying about the "ARRL VEC handling
'new' applications 'first?'" I know the package of paperwork
from the Sunday exam session (25th) was sent off quickly.

...back to business as usual in here.

Len

I can say with certainty that I mailed my Feb 23rd materials on Saturday the
24th and all my applicants, both new licensees and upgraders showed in the
FCC database on Feb 27. Since I used priority mail, it was almost certainly
in the ARRL's hands on Monday, Feb 24. Perhaps I was lucky enough to beat
the big surge of submittals and to be on top.

Dee, N8UZE

an_old_friend March 8th 07 05:33 AM

Congratulations AF6AY!

On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

[email protected] March 8th 07 07:04 AM

Congratulations AF6AY!

On Mar 7, 8:33?pm, "an_old_friend" wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:

On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

No sweat, Mark. I didn't wait two days. I was busy with
other things that Friday and the ARRL/VEC exam session
was for Sunday afternoon following. A quick call to confirm
that and that was that.

Sad to say, I couldn't trudge barefoot through the snow,
uphill both ways, like all them olde-tymers did. :-) [they
had it soooooo 'tuff'] Just get in the car and drive a mile
and a half down one major street to the fire house (now a
unit of the LA Auxiliary Communication System), wait for
50 minutes while the VE team got themselves together,
wait 10 to 15 minutes after one exam until all four
VEs looked over my paperwork, checking and rechecking
the score sheets. I'll say this for them, they are thorough
in that team. Even inspected my old HP 32SII calculator
to make sure it didn't have any crib sheets inside it. :-)

73, AF6AY

[email protected] March 8th 07 07:17 AM

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID....

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Congratulations to Len also.

Dee, N8UZE

* Thank you, Dee.

* Now, what were you saying about the "ARRL VEC handling
* 'new' applications 'first?'" *I know the package of paperwork
* from the Sunday exam session (25th) was sent off quickly.

* ...back to business as usual in here.

* Len

I can say with certainty that I mailed my Feb 23rd materials on Saturday the
24th and all my applicants, both new licensees and upgraders showed in the
FCC database on Feb 27. Since I used priority mail, it was almost certainly
in the ARRL's hands on Monday, Feb 24. *Perhaps I was lucky enough to beat
the big surge of submittals and to be on top.

Okay on paying attention to your group. I'm just doubtiing that
the ARRL VEC had the Big Deluge of mail that claimed (but
did not quantify) on their website. That's one reason I did the
tabulation from the FCC Search engine results that started
this thread.

Part of a "deluge" might have been from too many ARRL/VEC
teams adding extra exams on Friday or Saturday, out of the
usual monthly schedules (give or take).

I can understand those with CSCEs wanting to upgrade
(although I don't know why 4 in my exam session thought
they needed that to "modify" their Tech license to a Tech
license under the new rules). :-( There were about 2 who
just needed to change their mailing address, something
which could have been done by mail or by computer
directly...no charge. Judging by all the modifications (not
an upgrade) and the renewals handled by the ARRL, those
could have been done OUTSIDE the need for hand-holding
the free paperwork process on relatively small tasks.

I'm thinking more of the usual "celebrity PR ploy" of the
ARRL "becoming overworked." Not unusual PR tactic.
That kind of PR is done in this city all the time in the
entertainment biz here.

73, AF6AY

[email protected] March 8th 07 07:26 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

On Mar 7, 8:28�pm, "an_old_friend" wrote:
On Mar 7, 8:54 pm, "
wrote: * *COMPARISON OF APPLICATIONS OF VECS FROM FCC SEARCH

well congrats and I am glad I awas wrong about wyou not being to
shawllow all the BS in the 3 pools at once

No sweat on that, Mark. I did four test elements in 1956
for my First 'Phone in one sitting. Had to, Chicago was
90 miles away for me then. :-) On Sunday it was just
a mile plus down one major street. :-)

A full California driver license exam is 50 multiple-choice
questions. I've always passed those and have had that
license for 50 years. College-level exams are much
harder and not all are multiple choice. I've always
regarded EVERY day at work to be a "test session"
with NO "practice exams" to do in order to keep a
paycheck coming in. Food and shelter are more
important than any hobby activity...but some think
they get basic survival benefits "automatically." :-(

73, AF6AY

John Smith I March 8th 07 07:44 AM

The First 13 Days of the Revolution

43 years. Too bad it wasn't snowing or I would have
taken off my shoes like them olde-tymers did. It is
slightly downhill (by about 30 feet) to it, but it IS uphill
coming back.

Well, I hope they at least gave ya cold coffee and stale donuts! LOL!

JS
--
http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com

Lardass Davies March 8th 07 04:55 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

I'm almost as stoopid as you, old friend. I'm not a bisexual pagen though.

Lardass Davies March 8th 07 05:01 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

You would have passed that exam if the VE didn't hate bisexual pagens
morkietard.

Lardass Davies March 8th 07 05:07 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

wrote in message

On Mar 7, 9:55 pm, wrote:

On Mar 7, 9:04?pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Appl...ain.jsp?applID...

Congrats on the new license, Lennie.

Add mine to the list!

73 de Jim, N2EY

what about your apologies Jim?

it looks like len did indeed get his extra out of the box

and you have been hassing for years about and he did so almost as soon
as ould be wating 2 days to take the exams

No sweat, Mark. I didn't wait two days. I was busy with
other things that Friday and the ARRL/VEC exam session
was for Sunday afternoon following. A quick call to confirm
that and that was that.

but Jim still needs a bit of hazing

Maybe the VE will let you blow him for the extra ticket next time, marqueer.

Lardass Davies March 8th 07 05:16 PM

Congratulations AF6AY!

wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:55:29 -0500, "Lardass Davies"
wrote:

I'm almost as stoopid as you, old friend. I'm not a bisexual pagen though.

more thread jacking I see
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

gav is grafic artits an d made the cosume for you.